Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthAntrim

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 09, 2023, 10:20:32 AM
You can restructure all day long but you'll always have good teams and weaker teams in the leagues. The divisions are fine, teams just need to 'get better' or raise the standard.

I disagree. I think as things stand its crying out for 4 divisions in football. 2 way league.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NorthAntrim on August 09, 2023, 11:17:51 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 09, 2023, 10:20:32 AM
You can restructure all day long but you'll always have good teams and weaker teams in the leagues. The divisions are fine, teams just need to 'get better' or raise the standard.

I disagree. I think as things stand its crying out for 4 divisions in football. 2 way league.

So div3 in football, last 5 teams go into div4 league and play each other twice. How will that improve them? There's competitive football and there's teams that are looking to improve, playing same standard will only keep the same standard.

Teams need to also look at improving their standards too but that'll come by playing better teams (imo)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

The Belfast teams are bringing biting to the equation anymore in either football or hurling.

Fill Div1 the top half of Div2 with SW clubs and let Belfast play amongst themselves

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on August 09, 2023, 11:57:23 AM
The Belfast teams are bringing biting to the equation anymore in either football or hurling.

Fill Div1 the top half of Div2 with SW clubs and let Belfast play amongst themselves

Sure who would show the SW ones how to win Ulster ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 09, 2023, 12:07:00 PM

The south Derry wans 😉

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on August 09, 2023, 12:38:45 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 09, 2023, 12:07:00 PM

The south Derry wans 😉

Hope that wasn't a dig at someone lol

paddyjohn

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 09, 2023, 12:06:23 PM
You need to try different bait, paddyjohn.

If the ball is on the penalty spot then I'll kick it. No bait needed, just truth in that statement. Take it whatever way you want

😉

EOC1923

Art McCrory the Tyrone legendary manager has passed on, Rest in Peace.
Time for that all time classic story about him again Bannside  ;D never gets old

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: EOC1923 on August 09, 2023, 04:19:57 PM
Art McCrory the Tyrone legendary manager has passed on, Rest in Peace.
Time for that all time classic story about him again Bannside  ;D never gets old

the one about yer man john joe  ;D
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

asaffgael

Is the group stage head to head or points difference?

bannside

John Joe, now there is a legend... was talking to him a few weeks ago. LD motoring well, their second half display against Ahoghill coming from 8 down to win by 4 was very impressive. They will be feeling good about themselves now after a poor start to the league.

InnocentByStander

Quote from: bannside on August 10, 2023, 09:19:25 AM
John Joe, now there is a legend... was talking to him a few weeks ago. LD motoring well, their second half display against Ahoghill coming from 8 down to win by 4 was very impressive. They will be feeling good about themselves now after a poor start to the league.

Maybe a helping hand with something...

Saffsof82

Agh now BS, grasping at straws I think, LD for me a spent force

Caesar

LD are certainly not a spent force. Still more than capable of getting a result against anyone on any given Sunday

Lár na páirce 1

Bum LD up and make it look like an impressive victory on Sunday it's all about perception with the wee ports you see 😂