Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

St Brigids st galls draw. Rossa were four up against randalstown late on. No idea on the other.

Hoof Hearted

Moneyglass St endas drew
Rossa beat Randalstown

I think as it stands st endas definitely down, even though 3 can finish on 13 they're head to head with Moneyglass is worse randalstown need a point against st johns to survive
A defeat puts them down and Moneyglass survive due to a better head to head of plus 1

I think !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Our game was a strange one. For large parts Naomh Brid were on top, but we were 5-3 up at half time.

Second half it was level quick enough and then they went ahead before we levelled and then scored a goal to go three up but we were living off craps, they came back and chipped away to level it, they had 2 late distance frees to win it but missed, we'd three old lads playing, one aged 41!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffer963

Both MG and St Endas both down after tonites result? Even if St Endas win last game, Randalstown have better H2H and point difference. Table also currently has MG below Randalstown, I know they won a game a piece, does H2H point difference come into play?

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Saffer963 on July 19, 2023, 10:16:54 PM
Both MG and St Endas both down after tonites result? Even if St Endas win last game, Randalstown have better H2H and point difference. Table also currently has MG below Randalstown, I know they won a game a piece, does H2H point difference come into play?

Yeah I think so
1 win each
Mg won theirs by 3
Randalstown won theirs by 2

As I said earlier, I think
Will be open to correction on someone more up on the rules

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on July 19, 2023, 10:36:53 PM

Yeah I think so
1 win each
Mg won theirs by 3

If Moneyglass drop they'll be straight back up, as will St Endas, problem might be county players will opt to bring their club up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

Don't know about that
Division 2 cut throat
A lot said that about GNM this season but they weren't close

I still think that because of the way it ended up, or who it ended up being, there won't be the 2 down 1 up as was supposed to be

Will be ridiculous if this is the case, but it happened in derry last year, rules changed at the end.

delgany

Yeah I think so
1 win each
Mg won theirs by 3

TNN definitely need a point to pip MG as on  Head to Head , MG are ahead off TNN.

barnish oggie

Quote from: delgany on July 19, 2023, 11:59:49 PM

Yeah I think so
1 win each
Mg won theirs by 3

TNN definitely need a point to pip MG as on  Head to Head , MG are ahead off TNN.

Yep that is how I saw it last night.

MG are ahead of us in the H2H by 1 point.

They beat us by 3, we beat them by 2.

We missed two 45s in injury time, either one had gone over and we would have been safe.

Only ourselves to blame. Story of our season.

Hectic

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on July 19, 2023, 10:52:00 PM
Don't know about that
Division 2 cut throat
A lot said that about GNM this season but they weren't close

I still think that because of the way it ended up, or who it ended up being, there won't be the 2 down 1 up as was supposed to be

Will be ridiculous if this is the case, but it happened in derry last year, rules changed at the end.

On what basis?

Any team going down will com back up if they are good enough.  It's that simple.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: barnish oggie on July 20, 2023, 08:25:03 AM
Quote from: delgany on July 19, 2023, 11:59:49 PM

Yeah I think so
1 win each
Mg won theirs by 3

Yep that is how I saw it last night.

MG are ahead of us in the H2H by 1 point.

They beat us by 3, we beat them by 2.

We missed two 45s in injury time, either one had gone over and we would have been safe.

Only ourselves to blame. Story of our season.

Does H2H work like that? surely if both teams have beaten each other then it goes to score difference over the season, not H2H on their game against each other?

Hectic

Head to head includes score difference between the teams.

Unless TNN take something at St John's they are gone along with St Endas.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hectic on July 20, 2023, 09:47:16 AM

That's bizarre, has that always been the case? Fine margins

Saffron_sam20

Quote from: Hectic on July 20, 2023, 09:47:16 AM

are St Endas down regardless of their result against St Galls?

ck

St.Endas seem to be in bad decline over past few years? It wasn't long ago that they were being talked up on winning a Championship.