Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Would ye whist on October 25, 2022, 10:28:32 PM
To be honest I struggle to even be bothered to discuss anything with you as if it doesn't fit your agenda you go on a hissy fit, spewing bile, calling everyone stupid and slowly suffocating their wish to have a sensible discussion with the spokesman for the 'click' or the county board's hand puppet

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 25, 2022, 10:20:09 PM
So out of all that post that's what you comment on? Bert Burt?

So you feel better to talk/ debate with people that are likeminded and not challenge your view? Ok

They ain't difficult questions in fairness.. but hey..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Would ye whist

Not at all but I do like to discuss with people who are open to other mindsets bar their own and their own agenda, you my friend are like the county board representative on this board who has received his negotiating training from the DUP

quote author=Milltown Row2 link=topic=21.msg2157290#msg2157290 date=1666733609]
Quote from: Would ye whist on October 25, 2022, 10:28:32 PM
To be honest I struggle to even be bothered to discuss anything with you as if it doesn't fit your agenda you go on a hissy fit, spewing bile, calling everyone stupid and slowly suffocating their wish to have a sensible discussion with the spokesman for the 'click' or the county board's hand puppet

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 25, 2022, 10:20:09 PM
So out of all that post that's what you comment on? Bert Burt?

So you feel better to talk/ debate with people that are likeminded and not challenge your view? Ok

They ain't difficult questions in fairness.. but hey..
[/quote]

Milltown Row2

I've nothing to do with the county board in any shape or form... now if you choose to not believe that I can't help you...

I've said and posted on here numerous times about how things were badly done when it affected what I was trying to achieve when I was managing my senior team, or when I felt the county were doing things which I felt at the time were wrong.

My outlook on things have changed as I've got older and wiser, I've no understanding of how the county goes about their business, though it seems many do.

I've asked some very simple questions but yet to get any answers.

My views are entirely my own btw

So things that can be debated without people getting annoyed:

Few things that we all see is the under 20's needs a date in the fixture calendar but when can that be fitted in? It was never a league format until recently.

The county reduced the number of county championships games this year, thought it was good considering there was some games that were dead rubbers, but good that some clubs get an extra game or two in the championship

Juvenile league games are a mess, clubs are entering teams that they ain't able to field, that's a club issue not a county issue

The fixtures have to fit into the yearly calendar which the inter county games takes the lead I think, everything else is slotted into it after ..

The last thing is this,  the clubs agree to the motions and it's your club delegate who tables the motions and they are voted in or out.

The 'mess' is ours we are selfish with our own club, that's natural, we want what's best for us.

For me I think the non double headers would be to generate money, yes money as who pays the two senior managers plans? Physio, strength and conditioning coach, nutritionist, food, stats, challenge games away, buses, use of floodlights, gym membership, the kits, the hurls the balls the equipment? Then drop that down to all the age levels?

I've no idea how any county can afford it to be honest.. some of the figures banded about in successful counties is crazy and they have bigger supporters
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 25, 2022, 11:03:02 PM
I've nothing to do with the county board in any shape or form... now if you choose to not believe that I can't help you...

I've said and posted on here numerous times about how things were badly done when it affected what I was trying to achieve when I was managing my senior team, or when I felt the county were doing things which I felt at the time were wrong.

My outlook on things have changed as I've got older and wiser, I've no understanding of how the county goes about their business, though it seems many do.

Few things that we all see is the under 20's needs a date in the fixture calendar but when can that be fitted in? It was never a league format until recently.

The county reduced the number of county championships games this year, thought it was good considering there was some games that were dead rubbers, but good that some clubs get an extra game or two in the championship

Juvenile league games are a mess, clubs are entering teams that they ain't able to field, that's a club issue not a county issue

The fixtures have to fit into the yearly calendar which the inter county games takes the lead I think, everything else is slotted into it after ..

The last thing is this,  the clubs agree to the motions and it's your club delegate who tables the motions and they are voted in or out.

The 'mess' is ours we are selfish with our own club, that's natural, we want what's best for us.

For me I think the non double headers would be to generate money, yes money as who pays the two senior managers plans? Physio, strength and conditioning coach, nutritionist, food, stats, challenge games away, buses, use of floodlights, gym membership, the kits, the hurls the balls the equipment? Then drop that down to all the age levels?

I've no idea how any county can afford it to be honest.. some of the figures banded about in successful counties is crazy and they have bigger supporters
This is like the part in the movie Jerry Maguire when he writes his mission statement. What follows - Tumbleweed  :D

Would ye whist

What is the point in engaging with the board's Jamie Bryson

Quote from: EOC1923 on October 26, 2022, 02:13:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 25, 2022, 11:03:02 PM

This is like the part in the movie Jerry Maguire when he writes his mission statement. What follows - Tumbleweed  :D

Milltown Row2

So put up a debate and then pooh pooh it!

Nuff said

paddyjohn

Have a word with yourselves ffs..

This is getting tedious

EOC1923

I have revised my thoughts on the AllStar debate. They are a good initiative but including a junior player in the noms for P.O.Y then allowing a vote on it, not sure if it counts (the vote that is) but what a farce.

JimStynes

Quote from: EOC1923 on October 26, 2022, 09:40:28 PM
I have revised my thoughts on the AllStar debate. They are a good initiative but including a junior player in the noms for P.O.Y then allowing a vote on it, not sure if it counts (the vote that is) but what a farce.

Total farce. Why not just have player of the year for senior, intermediate and junior.

EOC1923

Yes Jim totally agree, don't like to be picking holes but that's what they should of done.

country bumpkin

Quote from: JimStynes on October 26, 2022, 09:46:06 PM

Total farce. Why not just have player of the year for senior, intermediate and junior.

Vote waste of time......one individual from I N will make the decision.....

SaffronSports

I think there's a place for it and if people realise it's not necessarily who is the best player but more who had the biggest impact in their respective Championship then it's worthwhile.

country bumpkin

Quote from: SaffronSports on October 27, 2022, 12:12:22 AM
I think there's a place for it and if people realise it's not necessarily who is the best player but more who had the biggest impact in their respective Championship then it's worthwhile.

And do you think the 'public' will be fooled again when they
did see the leaders in the poll at close of play pushed aside and reconstructed by an individual who is certainly not an avid spectator.....

Would ye whist

Based on his quarter final, semi final and final performance/impact the winner has to be Kobo

geezer

Would go for McNabb. Delivered with pressure scores when Cargin needed them.