Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOC1923

Quote from: breakingball on September 10, 2022, 11:05:11 PM
No stand out team in the championship yet. Wide open.

Pg1 will make the final as we know.

Who will join them?

Wide open. 4 still in with a chance.
Step away from the phone

Would ye whist

I suspect I he meant Rossa, Creggan and Cargin on the other side of the draw

No need to always try and make someone look silly Brendan
Quote from: EOC1923 on September 11, 2022, 07:23:25 AM
Quote from: breakingball on September 10, 2022, 11:05:11 PM
No stand out team in the championship yet. Wide open.

Pg1 will make the final as we know.

Who will join them?

Wide open. 4 still in with a chance.
Step away from the phone

bannside

It will all be sorted between the white lines, not on gaaboard. Cargin timing their run well, a noticeable step up in performance on Friday night, let's see what the remaining four can bring today. Still a lot of football to be played.

Belfast GAA man

PG1 getting to final with their flip flops on can't b right lads . Seeded draw on league positions

country bumpkin

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 11, 2022, 09:18:02 AM
PG1 getting to final with their flip flops on can't b right lads . Seeded draw on league positions

Have got to agree the seeding system has most certainly requiring overhaul and the easy passage to date may well come back to haunt PG1.
Despite individuals saying 'no big teams' now and parity is evidence such is argument to an open draw.
Await to see proof of such and do suggest that a former winner of the senior title is likely to wear another crown this year....

Have been known to be wrong before but wait to be convinced......

geezer

St brigids and st marys are 2 decent teams lads.

Will PG1 be favorites to get to the final? Probably.

Are they that much better than the other 2? Absolutely not.

All 3 very evenly matched IMO. All will have making the final in their sights.

Not a forgone conclusion as many on here seem to think.

stiffler

Looking forward to Creggan/rossa today.

Rossa showed v Cargin they are in the mix this year, it will take an excellent team to beat them.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

bannside

Interesting! Time will tell...looking forward to two cracking games today. On paper two close looking games, let's see if anyone emerges with a big statement to the rest.

EOC1923

Quote from: referee on September 11, 2022, 10:25:07 AM
I agree with hoof,pg1can only beat what's in front off you,cargin didn't have too many hard games last year up to the semi,were able to blood alot off young players, wasn't a word about seeding then, still think it'll be cargin v aghagalloon/St Brigid's in n the final
St Johns we're in Cargins group last year. Then played St Galls in the Quarter final, you haven't a clue mate

EOC1923

Hopefully someone keeps a close eye on the amount of subs brought on, I hear there was a bit of counting trouble at the Creggan St Johns game.

country bumpkin

Quote from: EOC1923 on September 11, 2022, 12:55:59 PM
Hopefully someone keeps a close eye on the amount of subs brought on, I hear there wa

s a bit of counting trouble at the Creggan St Johns game.

But surely the Row man and his ever bodyguard assistants did not make  mistake......no chance.

bannside

Aghagallon made a big statement there to be fair. A seven point win. Some turnaround from earlier season form, they will arrive in the semis in confident mode. Game on.

stiffler

Best team wins the championship whatever the format.

Cargin will be everyone's favourites at this stage, but I've a sneaky suspicion portglenone could pip them. They are ticking along very nicely.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

country bumpkin

Impressed with Aghagallon today.....PG1will need to really need to be prepared for a stiff test....

paddyjohn

Big win for Glenravel in horrible weather.