Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would ye whist

Only in Antrim would you get a ref on a message board slabbering about a game he has been appointed to, not any game either but a local derby between the two top teams in the County...............who is actually responsible for the conduct and appointment of referees in this county

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 13, 2022, 07:46:29 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 13, 2022, 06:35:00 PM
;D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jv9sDn_2XkI

barnish oggie

Quote from: Would ye whist on June 14, 2022, 04:10:11 PM
Only in Antrim would you get a ref on a message board slabbering about a game he has been appointed to, not any game either but a local derby between the two top teams in the County...............who is actually responsible for the conduct and appointment of referees in this county

;D

I'm sure he will do a good impartial job.......the above was only a bit of craic and I'm sure everyone take sit that way.

Plus i am sure he dislikes both teams evenly!!!

paddyjohn

;D

Because the conduct of some of our county board is superb.

Give it a rest ffs. MR2 is a shit ref and we all know it but he can say what he wants. 😉😉

Milltown Row2

;D

Eh? I haven't opened my mouth, can you explain yourself? So sensitive
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Why would a city ref go into a game like that with a pre conceived agenda that he is going to be harder on one team than another. He has zero skin in this particular race either, probably happy to officiate a draw verdict and up the road outa dodge. Just my thoughts.

Will be game of the night, two points up for grabs that could decide the destination of the Eddie Fitz - I'd expect nothing less than two evenly matched teams going at it.

erinsboy

It's not hard to work out Bannside
The man hates Cargin and he can't hide it on this discussion board or on the pitch.
It's not just last year's semi but every game I ever witnessed him ref against us he's been brutal.
I have nothing personal against the man if I'm honest. He does a job that is thankless and all the crap that goes with it.
But as his song goes you can't always get what you want in Antrim even if that is a fair ref !
Anyway leagues are for playing....

country bumpkin

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on June 15, 2022, 07:13:07 AM
This is getting embarrassing now.

Nobody hates Cargin. It's just that their supporters on this board take every bit of craic, slagging and minor criticism and multiply it by a million in their own heads because they are the most sensitive souls who ever surfed the internet. Perhaps they thrive on the persecution complex but it is entirely tedious for everyone else who has to endure the endless moaning. Lighten up ffs.

Instead of relating the thoughts of 'someone else' D I E......perhaps you could let us know your own considered opinion
Please.....

bannside

Aye CB. Lighten up man. The whole world dosent hate Cargin. As I said before, you set the template for others to meet.

Big parish derby tonight though, who will have the bragging rights around the loughshore tomorrow and one hand on the silverware. Both teams missing a couple, so fairly even on that score. Should be a cracking contest.

MR who do you fancy....lol.

Dunsilly King

This evenings game is something to0 look forward to , particularly following our win in the championship lasy year. Its the first time that the shoe is on the other foot for cargin. So that makes it different. The other sub plot to this league serious, is that Casements set their stall out to win the league, particularly disappointing considering the main two teams had a number of players unavailable for a large number of games.

Lár na páirce 1

Creggan strong favs tonight at home. Cargin missing Mick,Big Pat and Kobo unfortunately,only the league all build up to a big semi final on down the line I would imagine.

bannside

DK can't help but bring Casements into the current discussion. Definitely it his head at this stage, no question about that. There's bound to be help available for this kind of thing.

Competitions are won now by strong panels as opposed to first 15 players. Both Creggan and Cargin have large capable panels, so a few missing on either side shouldn't affect the result too much.

Agree the c'ship is the big one, but don't try and kid anyone that either of these clubs will be going out for anything except a win tonight. Parish rivalries are what makes the GAA what it is.

Lár na páirce 1

Although we aren't in same parish ,fairly close to other mind you

Lár na páirce 1

I'm predicting a draw and the ref to have a sound game 

bannside

May the best team win. Lots of good tight games on around the county. Good to see club season opening up.

We would happily settle for a top 4 place and keep players fresh, rotate squad, tweak a few imperfections and be fairly well organised going into the championship. Suppose most clubs would be thinking along the same lines in that regard!

Spike

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on June 15, 2022, 09:44:14 AM
Although we aren't in same parish ,fairly close to other mind you

Perhaps the football pitch itself but a lot of the players post codes would tell a different story.

Should be a tight one tonight if MR2 wants it so  ;)