Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOC1923

Why does he get targeted? I don't understand

EOC1923

I have never seen any of Portglenones games against teams other than cargin but I did see NMK starting a brawl v Cargin 3 years ago, started on a young Pat Shivers off the ball. Works both ways BS

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on April 17, 2022, 12:23:49 PM
Its a complete disgrace the way NMK gets unfairly targeted. He was struck with a fist, then a headbutt on Wednesday night before he decided to defend himself? If it happened on the street the law would be involved. If some of you cannot grasp that there is a principle at stake here, then please go to the Hoganstand.

The ball was a mile away, this was blatant thuggery. Before you answer - think what you're reaction would be if it was one of your players, maybe your own son. Match after match. It's sickening, and Antrim referees have a duty of care to, at the very least, be aware of the tactic.

Got nothing to do with who the next match is, that's a minor point - that's just another game - no different to any other as far as we are concerned.

But you can see the problem bannside? If you tolerate revenge then it will only create bigger problems. The key is to show restraint..

Has he got a bad discipline record?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

One question at a time? Do you think it's fair that he IS unfairly singled out? Or do you think players being consistently targeted in this manner deserve some protection from referees?

I'm not talking about anyone in particular here, I'm talking about the principle....let's pretend it was a player in your club.

Yes/No?

EOC1923

I think he could end up being the one targeting other players when you come up against a decent team. Don't see your rationale here at all.

country bumpkin

Quote from: EOC1923 on April 17, 2022, 12:50:03 PM
I think he could end up being the one targeting other players when you come up against a decent team. Don't see your rationale here at all.

Pat Shivers was an under-age minor three years back...

As for NMK and any appeal....who struck first is of no consequence.....and any appeal to be successful does require proof of a failure of administration in serving notice...

Jeez a big man or a fool strikes that big man....

bannside

How did this turn into a Cargin thing? Now we're talking about Pat Shivers!!! In the name of God CB, not every single post you make has to revert back to Cargin.

Casements haven't appealed anything... I was talking about the principle of integrity in sport, but hey, I don't expect to get much sense here. If I saw Mick Mc Cann getting treated like that match after match my position would be exactly the same. Referees need to look out for players who are being constantly targeted. Their linesmen and umpires do too.

Is this really, really too much to grasp?

bannside

Seriously? Fill your boots and tell me why?

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on April 17, 2022, 01:17:05 PM
How did this turn into a Cargin thing? Now we're talking about Pat Shivers!!! In the name of God CB, not every single post you make has to revert back to Cargin.

Casements haven't appealed anything... I was talking about the principle of integrity in sport, but hey, I don't expect to get much sense here. If I saw Mick Mc Cann getting treated like that match after match my position would be exactly the same. Referees need to look out for players who are being constantly targeted. Their linesmen and umpires do too.

Is this really, really too much to grasp?

I do know the absolute love you have for Cargin BS....listen to such whispered by more than a few of your club mates...

How is a previous assault previously on one of our under age players underline such.....

Milltown Row2

Personally I go into the game to protect everyone tbh. If a player is being fouled consistently then the players will be noted and carded, you can't take it upon yourself to distribute retaliation regardless of who's playing or whether they believe they are getting special attention.

As for him I've never noticed this special attention. Some players maybe feel they are picked on but the ref can only deal with things if he sees it in a league game or brought to his attention in a championship game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

CB you're getting way too personal here. Never once have I attacked your personal integrity. Read your posts recently, you're playing the man every time. It needs to stop.

Would ye whist

I did hear NMK had a bit of a chip on his shoulder (not my words, the fruit man's)  the other night doing a bit of mouthing, throwing a ball over the wire when he was unhappy talking cheek to St galls men over the wire

paddyjohn

NMK has always come in from special attention. I remember reffing him way back in Un14-Un16 and he took pelters.

Jealousy is a terrible thing.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 17, 2022, 03:34:34 PM
NMK has always come in from special attention. I remember reffing him way back in Un14-Un16 and he took pelters.

And you'd have dealt with it at the time. You can only deal with what you see and what happens..

You can't defend yourself by punching someone in the face. You can certainly stand up for yourself and take whatever sanction comes your way.

This goes for every player

EOC1923

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 17, 2022, 03:34:34 PM

This is laughable, a big physical player NMK is  but i doubt if too many teams are jealous they don't have him. Maybe he has a discipline issue lads. Does he get more attention than Paddy Cunningham or Tomas McCann, don't see them getting suspended too frequently.