Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on March 25, 2022, 09:12:19 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2022, 08:32:37 PM
You said he served up tripe. He managed to win an all Ireland with his club, some mangers can't even win a club game in their provincial... that's what I'd call tripe. As you say all about opinions

In football terms - what's a manger?

A manger is a trough from which cows or horses feed...HH
...no problem

EOC1923

You said he served up tripe. He managed to win an all Ireland with his club, some mangers can't even win a club game in their provincial... that's what I'd call tripe. As you say all about opinions
Did Paddy McCormick play corner back for St Galls? Talking about his Antrim managerial career in Division 4  as you well know, but true to form you hark back to his St Galls days. Making a fool of yourself (again) MR2.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on March 25, 2022, 09:12:19 PM

In football terms - what's a manger?

Someone who is able to get the team to buy into his vision, you can build a trough but if they cows don't want to eat/drink out of it then they'll starve.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on March 25, 2022, 09:18:42 PM
Did Paddy McCormick play corner back for St Galls? Talking about his Antrim managerial career in Division 4  as you well know, but true to form you hark back to his St Galls days. Making a fool of yourself (again) MR2.

You called him tripe, your words, in Antrim at the time we'd no better manager but sure I'm all about making a fool of myself... let it go
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on March 25, 2022, 09:27:03 PM
Let what go?

Your obvious annoyance..

So I'll ask again who else was proven in Antrim football to take the team?

EOC1923

Was debating the merits of who should be corner back on Sunday with Bannside. Who should of beat Lenny to the Antrim job 4 years ago, I honestly don't give one. Him being the best candidate pre start doesn't mean he did a good job either does it? He did a poor job stayed in Division 4 during his tenure?

Milltown Row2

I wasn't debating it, you thought that having a cheap dig at Lenny was ok. All you had to say was I never seen him play for Antrim during that period,  big no it's beyond you to do that so let's have a dig at the manager.

Did you have a dig at your last club manager who was unable to get ya past the first round of Ulster and only score a couple in 30 minutes last years semi?

EOC1923

That's the second time in last few posts you mentioned our last manager, god you would nearly think you don't like him. I would never have guessed

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on March 25, 2022, 09:46:31 PM
That's the second time in last few posts you mentioned our last manager, god you would nearly think you don't like him. I would never have guessed

But ok for you to mention our (as in Antrim) last manager, it would be nearly like you didn't like him, I'd have never guessed that either

rogercasement

Before I get on to my own gripe, can I point out that Bannside is the most straight talking football man in PG1, if he thinks it he will say it, no hidden  agendas and also I think himself and any man who travel all over for county games deserve to be listened to.  Only has the good of Antrim football In his head ( aside from  casements, but I'm the same).
Just thinking about the club leagues and county players, not really equally stacked that for first three games we get johnnies, biddies and Randalstown, with respect teams we would beat any time. If we had Cargin  creggan LD minus county players we would have won those and then played previously mentioned teams later, I know it just the way the cookie crumbles and we will be probably be ok, but teams seeking promotion or avoiding relegation could suffer...

EOC1923

I have never met Or had any dealings with Antrims last manager, I just see his Antrim record, nothing personal with me.

country bumpkin

Quote from: rogercasement on March 25, 2022, 10:12:52 PM
Before I get on to my own gripe, can I point out that Bannside is the most straight talking football man in PG1, if he thinks it he will say it, no hidden  agendas and also I think himself and any man who travel all over for county games deserve to be listened to.  Only has the good of Antrim football In his head ( aside from  casements, but I'm the same).
Just thinking about the club leagues and county players, not really equally stacked that for first three games we get johnnies, biddies and Randalstown, with respect teams we would beat any time. If we had Cargin  creggan LD minus county players we would have won those and then played previously mentioned teams later, I know it just the way the cookie crumbles and we will be probably be ok, but teams seeking promotion or avoiding relegation could suffer...

Don't get your point RC...

Are you saying you want games against teams who are without county players...?
Think you failed to beat Cargin last year, minus several so do you expect a better return this time.

I am more than sure that Cargin, have no longings to win another league title and likewise L D, Creggan, and the Johnnies have focus on another direction.

Don't understand what you mean.....sorry.

rogercasement

Let's be realistic, no one cares who wins the league. Let's talk relegation, it would be better for a team who is fighting relegation to get the big guns first as they will have county players missing, that way those teams can build a platform and momentum to stay up. If they play the big teams later on they wouldn't have as much chance of winning points.
In fairness by my theory pg1 should win the league, as we haven't many missing, we probably won't but it was a stepping stone for Creggan. A league win was the first step to us getting to county finals in early 00s.

Milltown Row2

But continue to win league titles...

I'm not sure how dumb some people are but they still keep it coming