Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

City Dweller

Quote from: bannside on March 14, 2022, 11:45:11 AM
We had a player sent off for second yellow in the last minute, so no, not 13 a side!!

CB I looked at your team there on Saffron Gael match report and no offence, at least three quarters of that team will expect to start championship. Mick Tomas James and KMS  are four, who the heck are the other 7???

Ah ok... I thought PG! had a man blacked carded with 8-9 minutes to go.

country bumpkin

We had a player sent off for second yellow in the last minute, so no, not 13 a side!!

CB I looked at your team there on Saffron Gael match report and no offence, at least three quarters of that team will expect to start championship. Mick Tomas James and KMS  are four, who the heck are the other 7???
And, K Mc Shane, Benny Laverty, Ronan Devlin, Ronan Gribbin, Paul Mc Cann, Kieran Close, M Magill.....probably would not make the Casement's team BS....

rogercasement

You are pushing it a bit there with Magill and Close! Think those men have had their day. For what it's worth I'd love either of them in our full forward line this year.

Itchy

Quote from: NatSoSaff on March 13, 2022, 09:43:59 PM
Jokers. The opinion they have of themselves is as deluded as I've seen. I cant wait to see all 850 of them leave Corrigan park with their tales between their legs  :P

Seriously lad, give your mammy back her phone and let the big boys talk football.

Antrim looking good for promotion, fair play to you as up in Div 2 you get too play more football and test yourselves against some really decent teams.

bannside

20 took part yesterday then and 11 more to come in. Going to be a lot of disappointed faces around Cargin when the championship panel is announced. All I'm saying is the vast majority of those who featured for Cargin yesterday will be expecting game time come championship. Feel ok to disagree if you want.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: NatSoSaff on March 14, 2022, 11:38:47 AM
That's a serious win for Cargin that much missing. Where Aghagallon missing many? I cant see too many reports published yet on saff gael. Who are the 11 men to come back in CB?
Aghagallon only started 5 men that started the final last season including the keeper.

JimStynes

Quote from: NatSoSaff on March 14, 2022, 11:38:47 AM
That's a serious win for Cargin that much missing. Where Aghagallon missing many? I cant see too many reports published yet on saff gael. Who are the 11 men to come back in CB?

We have a load of injuries and men not even back yet. A couple that started yesterday will be pushing for places and another few will be nowhere near it. About 5/6 established senior players playing currently. Division 1 is strange atm. As MR2 said, it's a battle to see who has the best panel or reserves. No one really anywhere near full strength apart from PG1 going by saffron Gael match reports and they've a few missing too.

imtommygunn

Has Alex Ferguson infected this thread or maybe more topical Micko  ;D

asaffgael

Jim is Eunan Walsh fully fit? Not getting much game time with county, surely should be getting more.

Tyrdub

Can anyone please confirm what the arrangements in each division is regarding relegation and promotion? I have heard different schemes from people but just looking clarity

bannside

Would be good to get clarification on that alrighty Tyrdub. Championship pots drawn out tonight will also be of interest!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on March 14, 2022, 12:04:27 PM

And, K Mc Shane, Benny Laverty, Ronan Devlin, Ronan Gribbin, Paul Mc Cann, Kieran Close, M Magill.....probably would not make the Casement's team BS....

how many started the semi final last year? 2, 3 if you include Magill in nets, if John stays injury free he'll be starting nets, great keeper
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on March 14, 2022, 12:13:01 PM
20 took part yesterday then and 11 more to come in. Going to be a lot of disappointed faces around Cargin when the championship panel is announced. All I'm saying is the vast majority of those who featured for Cargin yesterday will be expecting game time come championship. Feel ok to disagree if you want.
That is exactly to size of panel you require if you contemplate giving the championship full attention.....

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 14, 2022, 01:46:26 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on March 14, 2022, 12:04:27 PM

Kieran

how many started the semi final last year? 2, 3 if you include Magill in nets, if John stays injury free he'll be starting nets, great keeper
Always suspected your vision.....
K Mc Shane, Ronan Gribbin, Ronan Devlin, and Benny Laverty started last year......+ Magill
Kieran Close and Paul Mc Cann made appearance...

JimStynes

Cargin V Cargin final would be some game.