Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: rogercasement on March 06, 2022, 08:21:05 PM
Agree that there were no real shocks today, in fact there didn't appear to be any in any of the leagues. Expected Lamhs to beat Cargin given who was out. Also though Tir na nog would have been St Brigids.

No trial shocks?
In division 2, maybe not massive shocks but davits drawing with St Paul's and Rasharkin beating glenravel ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

rogercasement

Sharkin winning in sharkin doesn't surprise me, it is like galatasary away! Davitts yes that was a bit of a surprise but St Paul's capable of anything. Div 2 will be interesting this year.

JimStynes

Hard to know how anyone is going yet. Everyone in division 1 are playing with half strength teams. Not exactly friendlies but certainly nothing like the intensity that the second half of the league and championship brings.

Dreen

Quote from: rogercasement on March 06, 2022, 09:59:28 PM
Sharkin winning in sharkin doesn't surprise me, it is like galatasary away! Davitts yes that was a bit of a surprise but St Paul's capable of anything. Div 2 will be interesting this year.

You could a seen the flares in Gortgole

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on March 06, 2022, 07:50:49 PM
Ref in the LD Cargin game decided to show up at 2.07 glad he made an appearance , good game between a very much under strength Cargin and more experienced LD, first game of year for cargin of any description so good enough display, both will be near enough at the business end of things.

Didn't realize bit Pat wasn't on the county panel anymore, reading the report he got all but one of the scores, some talent.

A lot of shadow boxing going on, its going to be a long season, you wouldn't want to be peaking too early
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffsof82

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 07, 2022, 08:42:05 AM
Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on March 06, 2022, 07:50:49 PM
Ref in the LD Cargin game decided to show up at 2.07 glad he made an appearance , good game between a very much under strength Cargin and more experienced LD, first game of year for cargin of any description so good enough display, both will be near enough at the business end of things.

Didn't realize bit Pat wasn't on the county panel anymore, reading the report he got all but one of the scores, some talent.

A lot of shadow boxing going on, its going to be a long season, you wouldn't want to be peaking too early

Is he off the county panel or just released to his club to get some game time that he hasnt really been getting with county?

imtommygunn

Is Declan Lynch not in the county panel? Shivers a good one so hopefully he is still about the county panel. A boy that age in particular needs games though.

Saffsof82

marty johnston played for creggan to. I think Enda has let the lads play for clubs who havent been getting big game time.

asaffgael

Yeah lads not starting or playing a lot of minutes we're allowed to play for club. Makes sense.

JimStynes

I hear Dracula was playing for one of the division 1 clubs at the weekend there

asaffgael

Is relegation back in, two up and two down? Still the same with 13 teams in division 1?

Saffsof82

Quote from: asaffgael on March 07, 2022, 11:34:43 AM
Is relegation back in, two up and two down? Still the same with 13 teams in division 1?

i thought it was 2 down and 1 up? but not sure tbh

Saffsof82

Quote from: JimStynes on March 07, 2022, 11:22:56 AM
I hear Dracula was playing for one of the division 1 clubs at the weekend there

?????

delgany

Quote from: Saffsof82 on March 07, 2022, 11:52:57 AM
Quote from: asaffgael on March 07, 2022, 11:34:43 AM

i thought it was 2 down and 1 up? but not sure tbh

Big pressure on from CCC to re structure leagues to make them all equal in numbers.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on March 02, 2022, 03:06:18 PM
Quote from: referee on March 02, 2022, 02:13:58 PM
Cheers CB,cargin will be short a few players for Sunday's game, possibly as many as 10/11 from Sen/U20,glenravel have I think 4/5  from U20,,creggan probably 6/7 as well from Sen/20s, Johnnie's will be hit with probably 6/7 involving hurling and football

Sorry Ref, did not fully read your post.....don't think rule applies to under-20s.....

This rule must have changed recently then on the county players, which is great, how can a fringe players get game time and improve as a player for the county team on just training?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea