Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Not that MR - more a discussion around the merits of these kind of things. In principle I think it can be a good thing...and looking forward an event to be enjoyed.

It looks like there are faults. Either the public vote, and their decision is final (great for social media inter connectivity) or its up to the journalists (as per National  All Stars selection).

It cannot be both.

RC is 100% right. Maybe a competition for three divisions and keep them separate.

On Declan Lynch...now this might surprise some of you, but I thought he was excellent against us in the QF..at times taking the games to us on his own. I thought he looked every inch the county player that he has been, but at 29 wouldn't fit Mr Mc Ginleys age profile. Actually looked to have trimmed down a few pounds and fitter looking than I've ever seen him.

After the match I recall saying to someone he was LDs best player by some stretch.So I'm not completely surprised, although Marty was the most consistent high performing number 6.

Aghagallons Ruairi McCann looked a shoe in for FF.  How Tomas got the nod ahead of him is open to debate as well.

rogercasement

bannside

Indeed RC. It's with genuine optimism that Casements can now formally announce that John Mc Keever has come home to take on the challenge of turning Portglenone into serious championship contenders.

country bumpkin

Quote from: rogercasement on November 19, 2021, 08:49:12 PM
White smoke in Pg1

Still maybe because Tomas finished the championship with a huge tally....BS.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on November 19, 2021, 08:55:17 PM
Indeed RC. It's with genuine optimism that Casements can now formally announce that John Mc Keever has come home to take on the challenge of turning Portglenone into serious championship contenders.

Hopefully the line is as respectful as the previous line!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Not disputing the merits of Tomas at all....we know he's a class act.

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on November 19, 2021, 09:02:14 PM
Not disputing the merits of Tomas at all....we know he's a class act.
[/quote

And u did watch him all through the championship....BS...

Sometimes you do get a little carried away....

bannside

No CB just saw the semi final on TV. That's all I saw of him in this year's cship. Not enough to make a proper judgement call. I saw Aghagallons Ruairi McCann roast us for 90 minutes though.

bannside

No Duine. I never felt that PG1 were ever in the groove in 2021. I'd be expecting players to flourish and realise their potential under John. Time will tell of course, but I think this is a good appointment for us

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on November 19, 2021, 09:07:50 PM
No CB just saw the semi final on TV. That's all I saw of him in this year's cship. Not enough to make a proper judgement call. I saw Aghagallons Ruairi McCann roast us for 90 minutes though.

I am.sure he did, but I would suggest that Tomas did perform.with excellence against possibly stronger opposition.....Rossa, St John's, and Creggan.....

I know you have a huge respect for all things Green....

rogercasement

Agreed Bannside, one of the most frustrating years watching Casements I can remember. Think John can give the young lads the support and encouragement they need.

antrimman667

Absolute joke on some of the decisions for the all star awards. Comgalls lads trained as much as the other teams did and went on and won their grade and not a look in! Declan lynch being one, obviously had to have a Belfast player in to make the city lads relevant I suppose

bannside

Duine we are looking forward now, not backwards. I believe John can find another level. That's all. Time will tell whether that's enough. I'm off for a pint.

Milltown Row2

The state of these posts on about the selection!! My god
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 19, 2021, 09:22:02 PM
The state of these posts on about the selection!! My god

Were you on the selection committee or what. You're taking this bad. The county all stars get questioned as well. It's all part of the thing. Although Decky Lynch selection is a joke all the same. I saw most of his games too. Must be trying to keep football going in Belfast with the odd selection.