Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogercasement

If it was to be GK do any of you people on here calling him a clown and muppet even know the man?

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 14, 2021, 07:48:42 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on November 14, 2021, 07:42:41 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on November 14, 2021, 07:25:36 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on November 14, 2021, 05:43:33 PM
What is it with Belfasties and pronouncing it Aghnagallon. You'd think they'd be able to say and spell it right by now

And MR2 ....made a mistake....hard to believe....
That's what I was getting at

Some people are way too sensitive.

Creggan could be the first team outside of us for a while to get past the first round. Have they a chance?

Jeez MR2, of course Creggan have a chance.
But making comparison to 'us', another subtle reminder of a superb team.

Creggan are an example of a rural club utilising the talents of their own area sandwiched between Toome and Randalstown.
St Gall's on the other hand did, in their glory days seek talent from near and far.
They had players from Fermanagh, Armagh, Tyrone, and Derry, as well as recruits from St Enda's, Mc Dermott's, and Gort na Mona.

An absolutely super team, as far from a small rural/parish club selection as you can get.

Everybody on this site are aware of the achievements of the Milltown men.

Now we can chat about the way a super under 20 team stand on the brink of better days ahead...

Milltown Row2

If you are going to talk about players from other clubs then knock yourself out on that one lol.

All I asked was can Creggan get past the first round? All that other stuff you're talking about is bat shit crazy
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: referee on November 14, 2021, 09:19:18 PM
Was hearing MC Keever and Maddan wouldn't entertain it because they can get  a big paypacket elsewhere,but realistically what have they achieved,Gerard MC nulty wins a championship once Maddan goes,coalisland won 1 the year they sack MC Keever,maybe the Muppet  G Kelly is the man

Did Coalisland sack McKeever?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Peter john on November 14, 2021, 09:04:13 PM
Heard today at final that RC going inside with that clown Garry Kelly,true BS  ?

Who is Garry Kelly? Do you mean Gareth Kelly the ex manager?

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 14, 2021, 10:07:45 PM
If you are going to talk about players from other clubs then knock yourself out on that one lol.

All I asked was can Creggan get past the first round? All that other stuff you're talking about is bat shit crazy

And I tell you about how the make up of that Galls team was created.
Of course their cosmopolitan make ensured success...
Creggan on the other hand will look to a home recruitment assembly to gain further success..

Now is your excellent home made under 20 side giving hope for your future...?

rogercasement

Bit harsh to say John has never achieved anything!!.An All Ireland with Cookstown is an achievement IMO!!

Milltown Row2

Your obsession with the under20 team is very disturbing, but I'd look at the teams which won 2 minor titles in a row or competed two in a row for a start, I'd look at another SW team as being very good and with a chance.

Only a fool would look elsewhere
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: rogercasement on November 14, 2021, 10:22:35 PM
Bit harsh to say John has never achieved anything!!.An All Ireland with Cookstown is an achievement IMO!!

In the right thinking kind that's an achievement, but to the twisted jealous kind of a few it's not.

geezer

Congratulations to creggan. More than deserved. They were absolutely brillaint in they way they set up and nullified aghagallons attacking threat.

Very impressive performance.

Jamie mccann at wing back is surely a county player. Super player.

Commiserating to st marys, just didnt seem to get going at all.

JimStynes

A really disappointing and frustrating day. I'd rather have been tanked and played some sort of football. We didn't get going or play anywhere near what we can. We didn't even get a 10 minute purple patch of good football. The weather didn't suit us either and we made a serious amount of silly handling errors. Very frustrating day. We had a great homecoming for the lads last night and speaking to most of them they seem determined to get right back at it. We've a good age profile and i would say most will stay around and we will have some more younger players joining the panel.

That being said, no one can begrudge Creggan their win. They're a great club and have been doing a serious amount of work this past 20 years or more to improve facilities and bring through good underage talent. I'm glad to see Mark Dougan get his medal.

In terms of Ulster, I don't know how they will go. We know the Clann Eireann team very well and our boys would be good mates with the lads. Was delighted to see them win and it's great for the Lurgan area. Extremely jealous watching the celebrations on Lake Street in Lurgan last night. They've definitely a few weak areas on the team but they've got some serious operators in different positions across the pitch. Conor Turbit up front will take some minding and Kelly in midfield is a great player. They've some very good defenders who'll take care of Creggan's danger men. If it was us playing Clann Eireann I'd be secretly very confident as we know them so well, so Creggan have nothing to fear and could give it a good go. Creggan maybe have a more balanced team but Clann Eireann have more exceptional players in key areas and they've a much stronger bench than Creggan. I'll see how long the party goes on in Lurgan before I make a prediction for the match.

JimStynes

What is it with Belfasties and pronouncing it Aghnagallon. You'd think they'd be able to say and spell it right by now

I was talking to MR2 in the social club before hand. He had a Creggan half zip on! Not sure what that was about! Anyway I pulled him on his pronunciation of Aghagallon so I think he's taking the piss here by writing Aghnagallon. Or maybe I'm giving him too much credit. Anyway, there was a queue of people standing looking to give him a slap. He's wound some amount of people up over the years. I think he enjoys being the pantomime villain.  I hope he enjoyed the celebrations in Creggan last night.

ManInBlackandGreen

Quote from: JimStynes on November 15, 2021, 06:29:11 AM

I was talking to MR2 in the social club before hand. He had a Creggan half zip on! Not sure what that was about! Anyway I pulled him on his pronunciation of Aghagallon so I think he's taking the piss here by writing Aghnagallon. Or maybe I'm giving him too much credit. Anyway, there was a queue of people standing looking to give him a slap. He's wound some amount of people up over the years. I think he enjoys being the pantomime villain.  I hope he enjoyed the celebrations in Creggan last night.

He laps it Up

rogercasement

I'm not GK but you can't go around calling people names likebmuppets if you don't know them.

Calm Down

Well what a day, waking up and realising that after years and years of hope we got over the line.

I felt our game plan was perfect all year never mind yesterday, we built up all year and peaked at the right time. Half back line and the tenacity in the tackle in general was unbelievable and what we were missing in the recent years.

@CB I sought you out after the game but couldn't see you, ah well