Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geezer

Was only winding. May be in the minority but i will miss watching the great st galls team that dominated antrim for 20 years. Best team ive ever seen in antrim and i doubt we will see their likes for quite a while. Loved watching them play football, a joy to watch. Super, super team.

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 10, 2021, 07:51:35 AM
Quote from: geezer on November 09, 2021, 11:07:37 PM
👍🏻

Im sure cargin wont be short of men looking to take them. Same case with LD and PG1. 3 good squads to work with for any manager. St galls on the other hand.....sorry MR2😀

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 09, 2021, 10:45:41 PM
Quote from: geezer on November 09, 2021, 10:07:17 PM
Where is cassidy off to then?

I see LD seeking new managers also
D C is back home to Wolfe Tones......
Cannot understand your logic geezer......Galls were far to good for Cargin in the under-20 championship at Toome.
Indeed such was their strength they did not include 8 from the side which only lost narrowly to their hosts in the semi final stage of the 2018 minor championship.

But when it came to senior 2021 they only had 4 from that winning combination. One starter and three more on the panel list.

So the Milltown residents must be certainly blessed with an extended number of young players, potential aplenty.

paddyjohn

Quote from: geezer on November 10, 2021, 01:10:34 PM
Was only winding. May be in the minority but i will miss watching the great st galls team that dominated antrim for 20 years. Best team ive ever seen in antrim and i doubt we will see their likes for quite a while. Loved watching them play football, a joy to watch. Super, super team.

👍🏻

Im sure cargin wont be short of men looking to take them. Same case with LD and PG1. 3 good squads to work with for any manager. St galls on the other hand.....sorry MR2😀

Cannot understand your logic geezer......Galls were far to good for Cargin in the under-20 championship at Toome.
Indeed such was their strength they did not include 8 from the side which only lost narrowly to their hosts in the semi final stage of the 2018 minor championship.

But when it came to senior 2021 they only had 4 from that winning combination. One starter and three more on the panel list.

So the Milltown residents must be certainly blessed with an extended number of young players, potential aplenty.

They had outsiders playing for them. Shouldn't be counted at all.

geezer

😂😂 titles should be revoked!

Id say every club would take pollock and the 2 gallaghers no bother

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 10, 2021, 02:01:19 PM

👍🏻

Milltown Row2

Quote from: geezer on November 10, 2021, 02:18:33 PM

👍🏻

Titles are away back to Clare and Derry for our sins
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 10, 2021, 02:42:50 PM
Quote from: geezer on November 10, 2021, 02:18:33 PM

👍🏻

Surely not, MR2 will clarify.........

Titles are away back to Clare and Derry for our sins

Calm Down

👍🏻

Can we strike off the 3 in a row and this year's league considering the Whitehill man was playing for your lot in them

country bumpkin

Afraid made no comment other than positive about St Galls...
The comment on outsiders within was not mine...

antrimman667

Anyone know of any new players that will be brought into the 2022 Antrim Squad

Michael Hopkins from Saint Galls be in with a shout

paddyjohn

Milltown Row2

With the game on Paric TV, will there be any neutral's from the SW coming down to watch the game? Hopefully there are some tickets available.

Hopefully it'll be a cracking game, be hard to live up to last years final which was great viewing

St Mary's have managed to have a cracking season as a club this year, with various youth teams doing well that can only be a good thing going forward for them. They may only get this chance to win a title, there are no guarantees in SFC

As for Creggan, there has to be some mounting pressure within the club/players/management/supporters to get over the line, the Parish for both clubs with have different expectations. Creggan's team last year was probably stronger due to injuries this year but they haven't faltered getting back to the final.

Best of luck to both teams a new name on the cup this year and a free go at Ulster as well, it could bring up a novelty pairing also if results go a certain way
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Un20 championship games this weekend also. Hard time of year for clubs to get lads out i think.

country bumpkin

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 10, 2021, 07:17:29 PM
Un20 championship games this weekend also. Hard time of year for clubs to get lads out i think.

St Gall's are strong favourites for this one, and although only a few have made the senior panel think the Milltown men are focused on this title.....

geezer

Shambles. Especially when they have it as a group stage. Straight knock out like it used to be. Winners into a, losers into b.

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 10, 2021, 07:17:29 PM

Milltown Row2

From what I've seen of the under 20's it's between a few teams, I wouldn't put us as favourites.