Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Once again, Flanker on the money. Wise heads were in control of this from pretty much the start, managing the process and flow of information was the challenge. That's me completely done here on this subject. Thank you to all who had the maturity to see the bigger picture and not dive straight in with rash comment.

We have lost three county finals in the noughties, and more recently three semi finals all after drawing AFTER extra time, we've had free kick shoot outs, penalty shoot outs and lose by a point after two periods of extra time.

When the breakthrough eventually comes (which I guarantee will) we will reminisce about it all and maybe, just maybe, have a chuckle. Time to get back to work!

Flanker

So meet Monday... concensus seeks clarification Meet Tuesday to decide action  it rumbles on
Smart thing was to have your info at hand prior to meeting bring everyone with you as much as possible Try to get it to an agreed conclusion in one go.
Just my opinion.... I think they did well I think on reflection Aghagallon will agree

Quote from: Calm Down on November 02, 2021, 02:49:20 PM
I do not doubt any of this, however my point is when you put the wheels in motion of seeking a clarification you are opening a can of worms, as they had 72 hours to launch an appeal surely they could have met to see if a clarification would affect how they would act. After all the clarification would be yes the rules were not followed or the rules were followed. Why not meet to say, should we seek clarification? If the rules were not followed will an appeal follow? The process/decision was clear as there could only be one of two outcomes from the clarification sought

Quote from: Flanker on November 02, 2021, 02:44:00 PM
Quote from: Calm Down on November 02, 2021, 02:00:02 PM
I'm sorry BS I don't buy this and deep down I do not think that you either believe it yourself or agree that your club should have sought clarification.

All the parties you have stated could have met and decided if they would seek clarification from the CCC, as opposed to seeking clarification and meeting on it. Can you confirm what the CCC said in relation to the request for clarification.

From what I can see on here you seem like a decent bloke, however your frustrations are coming through calling people idiots, who exactly are you frustrated with? The public who have stated Casements were wrong in even considering an appeal or the club for considering seeking an appeal?

Quote from: bannside on November 02, 2021, 12:46:58 PM
There are some idiots here who are quick to dive in without a proper understanding of how clubs work. Maybe some of you haven't served on committees or understand how these things work. There's executive members, extended committee members, standard club members, team management, team first team players, then squad members. Maybe a club sponsor may have a view. There are so many constituent parts that make up a club. This happened Sunday night. Many said let it go, others sure check out the validity first. That happened. Social media kicked in like wildfire before our club committee even got a chance to discuss and review. When they did, the correct call was made. For anyone to try to denigrate our club for any part of this is just plain ignorant of how club governing and communication structures work. So please wise up some of you. Social media did not influence our clubs decision in any way. Cool heads behind the scenes were always in control, just needed a few hours to quieten the influence of a few who sought to peddle their own agenda.

This story has passed. Casements relinquished an opportunity to get the match relayed with a key player back. Thankfully most on here recognise that for what it is, the upkeep of sporting integrity.
CD BS has articulated this well
This only kicked off on Sunday evening. To suggest that you could get all parties together without establishing the facts on Sunday night is just a bit ridiculous. Anyone who has any understanding of how clubs /comittees work would know that you need to have your information factually correct beforehand.
Anyone who has ever been in a position or close to a position within a club will probably agree to get this to a conclusion within 24 and a bit hours is some achievement. I would be surprised if Aghagallon despite their initial disappointment would not agree with this as well on reflection. Casements is not 1 person, it is not a committee it is a wide group of members. The key thing is to bring everyone with you in the decision. There is no shortage of examples of much smaller and trivial issues that have caused splits and grievances in virtually every club in the country. There would have been a good few guys in PG1 who wouldnt have got much work done yesterday. Time to move on

Calm Down

No no, meet Monday to decide if clarification should be sought, there will be one of two outcomes from the clarifications, if the rules are broken are you even going to appeal, if not why seek the clarification

Quote from: Flanker on November 02, 2021, 02:58:06 PM
So meet Monday... concensus seeks clarification Meet Tuesday to decide action  it rumbles on
Smart thing was to have your info at hand prior to meeting bring everyone with you as much as possible Try to get it to an agreed conclusion in one go.
Just my opinion.... I think they did well I think on reflection Aghagallon will agree

Quote from: Calm Down on November 02, 2021, 02:49:20 PM
I do not doubt any of this, however my point is when you put the wheels in motion of seeking a clarification you are opening a can of worms, as they had 72 hours to launch an appeal surely they could have met to see if a clarification would affect how they would act. After all the clarification would be yes the rules were not followed or the rules were followed. Why not meet to say, should we seek clarification? If the rules were not followed will an appeal follow? The process/decision was clear as there could only be one of two outcomes from the clarification sought

Quote from: Flanker on November 02, 2021, 02:44:00 PM
Quote from: Calm Down on November 02, 2021, 02:00:02 PM
I'm sorry BS I don't buy this and deep down I do not think that you either believe it yourself or agree that your club should have sought clarification.

All the parties you have stated could have met and decided if they would seek clarification from the CCC, as opposed to seeking clarification and meeting on it. Can you confirm what the CCC said in relation to the request for clarification.

From what I can see on here you seem like a decent bloke, however your frustrations are coming through calling people idiots, who exactly are you frustrated with? The public who have stated Casements were wrong in even considering an appeal or the club for considering seeking an appeal?

Quote from: bannside on November 02, 2021, 12:46:58 PM
There are some idiots here who are quick to dive in without a proper understanding of how clubs work. Maybe some of you haven't served on committees or understand how these things work. There's executive members, extended committee members, standard club members, team management, team first team players, then squad members. Maybe a club sponsor may have a view. There are so many constituent parts that make up a club. This happened Sunday night. Many said let it go, others sure check out the validity first. That happened. Social media kicked in like wildfire before our club committee even got a chance to discuss and review. When they did, the correct call was made. For anyone to try to denigrate our club for any part of this is just plain ignorant of how club governing and communication structures work. So please wise up some of you. Social media did not influence our clubs decision in any way. Cool heads behind the scenes were always in control, just needed a few hours to quieten the influence of a few who sought to peddle their own agenda.

This story has passed. Casements relinquished an opportunity to get the match relayed with a key player back. Thankfully most on here recognise that for what it is, the upkeep of sporting integrity.
CD BS has articulated this well
This only kicked off on Sunday evening. To suggest that you could get all parties together without establishing the facts on Sunday night is just a bit ridiculous. Anyone who has any understanding of how clubs /comittees work would know that you need to have your information factually correct beforehand.
Anyone who has ever been in a position or close to a position within a club will probably agree to get this to a conclusion within 24 and a bit hours is some achievement. I would be surprised if Aghagallon despite their initial disappointment would not agree with this as well on reflection. Casements is not 1 person, it is not a committee it is a wide group of members. The key thing is to bring everyone with you in the decision. There is no shortage of examples of much smaller and trivial issues that have caused splits and grievances in virtually every club in the country. There would have been a good few guys in PG1 who wouldnt have got much work done yesterday. Time to move on

Hoof Hearted

FFS it's over, just get on with it whatever opinion you may or may not have
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

JimStynes

It's over and done with. Why can't you all be calm and relaxed like I was yesterday 😂😂😂

Mickey Linden

Will dogs be allowed into the county final?

Caesar

Best of luck to both teams in the final. Hopefully the standard of football is as entertaining as we have been treated to in recent games!

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BealnaBlath

I see one of the few dual clubs up this neck advertising for new football manager, Glenravel?

Be a fun merry go round coming up I think.

I imagine big changes across bored in division 1 especially at the top with the poor performance of Cargin (not criticism as they have set ridiculous high standard but I mean they will see it as poor) , Hannahstown, Galls, Johnnies, Rossa? Could be fun and games and Belfast GAA man will not be happy I predict with paid managers everywhere possibly  ;D

Div 2 and 3 could be same. Fun times ahead if nothing else

geezer

Cassidy will have enough credit in the bank and i highly doubt Cargin will be looking to replace him. disappointing result for them but they will be back for years to come. Still quite a few championships in that team, have some of the best young players in the county even if the likes of the mccanns, oboyle, crozier etc decide to step away (cant see that happening).

Think nugent stepped down from the johnnies, unsure about the others.

Quote from: BealnaBlath on November 02, 2021, 10:55:03 PM
I see one of the few dual clubs up this neck advertising for new football manager, Glenravel?

I imagine big changes across bored in division 1 especially at the top with the poor performance of Cargin (not criticism as they have set ridiculous high standard but I mean they will see it as poor) , Hannahstown, Galls, Johnnies, Rossa? Could be fun and games and Belfast GAA man will not be happy I predict with paid managers everywhere possibly  ;D

geezer

The managerial change that would intrigue me most would be if pg1 decide to change. Their current managers have clearly shown they are good enough but they might be looking to change to take them to another level. Similar to creggan and aghagallon, they have a great young panel of players that will be competing for the top honours for years to come.

Maybe kevin madden will lend his services to his club. Free of charge of course 😛

Last Man

Quote from: geezer on November 02, 2021, 11:27:16 PM
Cassidy will have enough credit in the bank and i highly doubt Cargin will be looking to replace him. disappointing result for them but they will be back for years to come. Still quite a few championships in that team, have some of the best young players in the county even if the likes of the mccanns, oboyle, crozier etc decide to step away (cant see that happening).

Think nugent stepped down from the johnnies, unsure about the others.

Quote from: BealnaBlath on November 02, 2021, 10:55:03 PM

I imagine big changes across bored in division 1 especially at the top with the poor performance of Cargin (not criticism as they have set ridiculous high standard but I mean they will see it as poor) , Hannahstown, Galls, Johnnies, Rossa? Could be fun and games and Belfast GAA man will not be happy I predict with paid managers everywhere possibly ;D

No doubt about the paid bit, think Ive come full circle on this and now see it as a completely natural evolution. With the level of expectation from players and clubs in general it is no longer sustainable for clubmates to co-exist in this space. I dont see any managers who don't love the game and at least a few quid expenses takes the sting out of all the time they invest nevermind all the other discomfort heaped on them. As I often said to our lads "You are the boys having all the fun here so make the best of it" For any manager with an appetite for it good luck to them.

Dunsilly King

We finally made it over the line against Cargin. We put in a hell of a display, especially coming from a bad start to win by 3. The team had been so close and it was obvious to me that we we just simply wanted the win more. Our tackling was more intense, our support play was superior and our scoring was more efficient than previously. Cargin were the opposite. We bossed the second half. Its been a long time coming for this team, inch by inch each year to get past Cargin. At least I can hold my own now in the slagging with the in laws. The ref let wild bad tackles go which suited us on the day as we more aggressive and I have to say there a were a few in the final ten minutes I was shocked at getting. Not complaining, absolutley not not, we'll take them when we can, just an opinion. Into another final, our third in the past four seasons, we have to make it count. Couldn't face loosing this one.

geezer

Aghagallon worth a punt at 2/1?

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: geezer on November 03, 2021, 10:31:28 AM
Aghagallon worth a punt at 2/1?

Is it confirmed for corrigan yet ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012