Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffsof82

Quote from: bannside on November 01, 2021, 04:16:03 PM
Portglenone have not lodged an appeal. Whether they do so or not will depend on the outcome of the request for clarity in the matter to Antrim CCC. That outcome can dictate what happens next. I've talked to quite a few people about this today, and many of them are happy to walk away from this. The remainder are adamant that if we were through on the back of a technical misjudgement, they would fully expect the other club to lodge an objection.

It isn't sitting easy with me at all, that's being very honest.

The senior official who overruled Sean Laverty will either have an ace card up his sleeve or will be mightily embarrassed by the mess he has created. Ego is a terrible vice.

Was it the County Secretary who had the final say on the day BS?

asaffgael

Exactly. You think Cargan wouldn't if it was in the other semi of course they would.

And all the city clubs would be doing the same.

Going by yesterday's match aghagallon will walk a replay anyway if it did materialise.

bannside

You see I don't know what % of clubs would take it on the chin, and how many would not. It's easy for a club to say it wouldn't until they are in that position.

I appreciate your sentiment Champion. You say most clubs would object, that's interesting.

So IF most clubs would, why would PG1 be the big bad wolf if they do so? Just asking!

geezer

Having read Aghagallons statement it seems that both sets of managers and officials knew the craic. IMO Pg1 dont have a leg to stand on. They were beat fair and square. Extremely poor form shown by pg1, hopefully the clubs hierarchy and senior players step in and put an end to it. Let st marys enjoy their victory. Their actions have overshadowed a fantastic game of football. Both sets of players poured everything they had into it. Just accept the loss lads, your day will no doubt come again in the near future, a great young panel at your disposal.

Saffrongael

How has Frankie Quinn survived so long as secretary ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Flanker

Quote from: bannside on November 01, 2021, 04:16:03 PM
Portglenone have not lodged an appeal. Whether they do so or not will depend on the outcome of the request for clarity in the matter to Antrim CCC. That outcome can dictate what happens next. I've talked to quite a few people about this today, and many of them are happy to walk away from this. The remainder are adamant that if we were through on the back of a technical misjudgement, they would fully expect the other club to lodge an objection.

It isn't sitting easy with me at all, that's being very honest.

The senior official who overruled Sean Laverty will either have an ace card up his sleeve or will be mightily embarrassed by the mess he has created. Ego is a terrible vice.

Sounds like the legal team are in place

Is it fair to say that unless the Senior Official produces an ace PG1 will appeal on a Technicality ?

Where were PG1 senior officials and management at when Sean Laverty was over ruled. Had they not read the guidelines and rules themselves.........If not Why not ?

If you hadn't received them then that is a different scenario

If you have will the PG1 officials get hung out to dry if your appeal is unsuccessful ?

After 100 minutes of football with no real injustice should PG1 not take a step back

bannside

An Runai was on the spot. Pairc TV has it for all to see. "It is "alleged" that he overruled the perceived position that Sean Laverty was about to adopt and insisted that 5 extra Ew minutes were required. Turns out that was incorrect advice.

Portglenone arnt the judiciary here. It's up to CCC to police their own competitions. Let's see what they say, they might rule that a replay is required. It's their call atm, not Casements.

Calm Down

Would it not be the case that it should be penalties and not a full replay, afterall this is where the bone of contention is?

geezer

Quote from: Calm Down on November 01, 2021, 04:45:46 PM
Would it not be the case that it should be penalties and not a full replay, afterall this is where the bone of contention is?

Have it in windsor park sure

Mickey Linden

Quote from: bannside on November 01, 2021, 04:34:14 PM
You see I don't know what % of clubs would take it on the chin, and how many would not. It's easy for a club to say it wouldn't until they are in that position.

I appreciate your sentiment Champion. You say most clubs would object, that's interesting.

So IF most clubs would, why would PG1 be the big bad wolf if they do so? Just asking!

I would be deeply embarrassed if shoe was on other foot and Aghagallon lodged an appeal on a technicality had they lost out yesterday. As I said earlier, it was an epic game of football. Both sets of fans were treated to a thrilling afternoon of hard hitting, fair football. Im being 100% serious and honest here. I just cant see how PG1 have a right to feel aggrieved after such a game. Im actually shocked to read some of the comments on here. Surely to God the vast majority of Gaels would feel the same way? I must be badly out of touch of how the game is going

Calm Down

Couldn't agree more Mickey, nothing to see here as far as I can see or that should be the case

Quote from: Mickey Linden on November 01, 2021, 04:47:42 PM
Quote from: bannside on November 01, 2021, 04:34:14 PM

I would be deeply embarrassed if shoe was on other foot and Aghagallon lodged an appeal on a technicality had they lost out yesterday. As I said earlier, it was an epic game of football. Both sets of fans were treated to a thrilling afternoon of hard hitting, fair football. Im being 100% serious and honest here. I just cant see how PG1 have a right to feel aggrieved after such a game. Im actually shocked to read some of the comments on here. Surely to God the vast majority of Gaels would feel the same way? I must be badly out of touch of how the game is going

Calm Down

It is penalties which the argument is about, nothing to do with Soccer as they are also part of our games so I fail to see what your snide comment adds

Quote from: geezer on November 01, 2021, 04:47:06 PM

geezer

A joke....relax

Quote from: Calm Down on November 01, 2021, 04:51:04 PM
It is penalties which the argument is about, nothing to do with Soccer as they are also part of our games so I fail to see what your snide comment adds

Quote from: geezer on November 01, 2021, 04:47:06 PM

Saffsof82

This whole thing is taking away from some great performances over the weekend. St comghals first title in nearly 30 years i believe, great achievement for them, Creggan making mugs of all our predictions and beating Cargin and an Aghagallon team finally delivering on their potential.

geezer

Talk of this replay is no good for any of the 2 (3) teams remaining

Pg1- reputation tarnished
Aghagallon- left in limo having deservedly won on the day
Creggan- a week less to get their game plan perfected