Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

The vast majority of Antrim referees will do it fairly Roger to  be fair. They can all make the odd mistake, but especially amongst the ones refereeing at senior level, they manage to balance things out and keep the respect of the players.

rogercasement

Just watched a recording of the tyrone game tonight, Dromore and Trillick and maybe it was just because it was on TV but their looked to be less pulling, dragging and off the ball stuff than in Antrim senior championship. Right or wrong?

Calm Down

Surely RC this comment should be considered in conjunction with your previous comments last night as to how poor etc Antrim refs are in the senior championship, you allude to pulling dragging off the ball stuff, does this not effect the refs job and performance as that is not controllable for him?

Have to agree Parke had a good game tonight, aided by the fact both teams had the right attitude for the game

Quote from: rogercasement on October 31, 2021, 12:40:43 AM
Just watched a recording of the tyrone game tonight, Dromore and Trillick and maybe it was just because it was on TV but their looked to be less pulling, dragging and off the ball stuff than in Antrim senior championship. Right or wrong?

rogercasement

Totally agree, the pulling and dragging is a load of sh### and I'd love to see it eradicated

stiffler

Great win for aghagallon, hard luck to portglenone.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

JimStynes

Unbelievable! Away home for a lie down!

imtommygunn

Only seeing teh score now. Wow. Well done Jim / Aghagallon.

Calm Down

PG1 are as the soccer men would say very Spursy

rogercasement

Just in from match and want to say well done Aghagallon. We can have no excuses for not winning that game, especially having taken a 5 pt lead at beginning of extra time, wrong decision making and poor handling were our down fall. Aghagallon were full of running and their keepers kick outs were outstanding. I actually think they will give the final a good rattle. Good luck to them.
Also it just shows you how good a game of football can be when two teams cut the crap and play ball.

JimStynes

Just home and getting ready to head down to the local for a bit of craic with the lads! The game started at 12.30 and wasn't finished until 2.40. There'll be a lot of sore lads tomorrow! I thought we were the better team and the PG1 goalie kept them in it. We should have had a few goals in normal time and missed a penalty as well. Saying that, I thought PG1 were going to pull away in extra time and we showed serious heart and character to come back from that. As roger said, 2 good young teams going at it with no nonsense and every fella on the pitch gave it their all. We will be meeting PG1 again soon! Can't believe it and totally delighted for everyone. Have to say a special mention to Bannside who showed a touch of class long after the game and supporters had cleared, as he waited to say congratulations to the Aghagallon players.

paddyjohn

3 fantastic games today by the sound of it!

imtommygunn

Big day. Great to see a novel final pairing.

JimStynes

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 31, 2021, 04:16:58 PM
They've done it! There will be a new winner at last!

Does Aghagallon count as South West Antrim or North Armagh?

imtommygunn

I love how you keep bringing the 55 year thing up as much as you can ;D

It's great to see our championship so competitive again. Too many years of dominance by one team or the other. (Not their fault). Both portglenone and cargin will be back too.

stiffler

Sean laverty was excellent again today as ref, the wee baldy guy done well in the other game too.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009