Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 11, 2020, 07:58:46 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 11, 2020, 07:32:02 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on November 11, 2020, 11:47:04 AM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 11, 2020, 09:11:33 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 10, 2020, 02:19:35 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on November 10, 2020, 01:51:36 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 10, 2020, 11:11:57 AM
Most defo needs to go to a SW man... with how well the SW west managers have been performing in the the clubs like Cargin these last few years and Creggan last year, even Aghagallon have done really well in the SW.. I'm sure anyone of those managers would love a crack at the job....oh wait
I say give it to a St Galls man, hasn't been enough of them given a chance in the last 15- 20 years (Cough Cough PJ O Hare, Mickey Culbert, Frank Dawson, Lenny)

I'm all for the best man for the job. The SW managers at the helm of the SW clubs that are doing well should get the nod, no?
The SW teams all have outside managerS? only trust their own coaches with the kids
Of the 12 Div 1 teams in Antrim, from my knowledge 9 of them have outsiders in their management team. 5 SW and 4 Belfast teams. What is your point going over that argument constantly?
St Johns - Kelly , LD - Lynch , Rossa Close i think, St Brides Eunan, St Galls Murray theres 5 Belfast div 1 clubs with their own volunteers unless you no different?
Tired of this now but for example Fay Devlin and Gavin McGeehan are also at St Galls. Dont argue when you arent up to speed

We talking managers or coaches/trainers background team?

We've plenty. That's what you'd expect.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mikhailov

Quote from: hardstation on November 11, 2020, 09:04:39 PM
Quote from: on the sideline on November 11, 2020, 08:17:26 PM
Quote from: bannside on November 11, 2020, 06:45:15 PM
With EMG there is some element of a punt....that cannot be denied. Joe Mc Mahon alongside Ryan Mc Menamin made hard enough work with Fermanagh. Jody was a Tyrone midfielder who did not hit the heights for us either. I can't really put my finger on it...but I think EMG with a strong backroom team would do well. Its just instinct, obviously I cant back it up with anything more than that.

Im already sold on anything involving Mc Keever Madden Brady, as I said previously all these men would be more than capable of delivering our optimum potential. Would any of them do it for free? Thats the big question. Take money out of the equation and see how many are still standing! That would help shape my thinking too. Would Cassidy do it for free??

Who is available, thats the real question! Lets not talk about hypothetical situations. Some of those above are involved with other projects. That rules them out does it not? If they are available then they should fire their names into the mix otherwise its wasting time discussing it.

Jim Gavins good too!

Just interested how Enda McGinley is being mentioned as potential Antrim manager? What has he done in his managerial career so far that would elevate him into that kind of consideration? Genuine question
Swatragh are looking him back. Must be good.

😂😂

123Bigball

Surely with the news that Harte isn't to get an extension at Tyrone, MC ginley will be throwing his name in for that job too.

Does this now encourage madden to move on and put his hand up for the Antrim job.

antrimman667

Quote from: Pjoe on November 11, 2020, 05:07:39 PM
BS any view from the players on how they felt about Lenny and his backroom during the term?
I have a few sources saying he was not popular in the camp

paddyjohn

Why don't we go for Mickey Harte?

Kidder81

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 12, 2020, 12:35:19 PM

Be cheaper to renovate Casement

Dunsilly King

Because BS wants to go for someone with zero experience in inter county and only two seasons (one of which was a half season due to covid) of club management,  not winning, nor not next to near close of winning a sen club championship. Go figure. Just because he has a feeling. 🤷‍♂️😳🤔

Can you feel it.....can you feel it.....can you feel it!!

Sing it.

😂😂😜😜😜😜

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dunsilly King on November 12, 2020, 01:13:03 PM

Because BS wants to go for someone with zero experience in inter county and only two seasons (one of which was a half season due to covid) of club management,  not winning, nor not next to near close of winning a sen club championship. Go figure. Just because he has a feeling. 🤷‍♂️😳🤔

Can you feel it.....can you feel it.....can you feel it!!

Sing it.

😂😂😜😜😜😜

BS could do a job actually..

Dunsilly King

Well he has a similar record to EMcG, so he could go for it. You have a point if you live in BS head

BTW BS only having a laugh. Fecking day 4 of isolating. Only so much Netflix one can watch.

EOC1923

Quote from: 123Bigball on November 11, 2020, 09:41:51 PM
Surely with the news that Harte isn't to get an extension at Tyrone, MC ginley will be throwing his name in for that job too.

Does this now encourage madden to move on and put his hand up for the Antrim job.
The soccer equivalent of your logic on McGinley and the Tyrone job - Was approached for the Port Vale job (which people are questioning whether he has the experience for), but should now apply for the Man Utd job as its available as he used to play for them.

bannside

No offence taken DK, a bit of craic is always welcome!

What do you want in a manager? What do players want. What do supporters want. What does The Saffron Business Forum need to galvanise the business community or Club Aontroma to get more direct debits signed up. What do clubs want. Do the hurling clubs even care?

The answer to all these questions could throw up a different answer as people tend to view it from their own angle.

Ive stated clearly that all the people mentioned on that list are thete on merit and all could do a job. But the problem is, there isnt a list. The clubs are not involved. There is no director of football co ordinating anything.

Thats not to say a county board cant get involved, show a bit of leadership and ambition on the subject.  Having said that, clubs should have their say...thats the democratic process. Lets see who is recommended, or who is on the shortlist.... and take up the discussion from there. Interesting few days ahead.

bannside

Angermanagement...Hugh Mc Gettigan perfect choice if he was chosen as DOF. No better man.

antrimman667

Quote from: bannside on November 12, 2020, 04:00:25 PM
Angermanagement...Hugh Mc Gettigan perfect choice if he was chosen as DOF. No better man.
hugh is as clueless as lenny  ;D

bannside

Entitled to your opinion of course...but who would you recommend?

EOC1923

Quote from: antrimman667 on November 12, 2020, 04:21:30 PM
Quote from: bannside on November 12, 2020, 04:00:25 PM
hugh is as clueless as lenny  ;D
Harsh. Hes has done great work with Minor and U20 teams