Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Spike on November 12, 2017, 05:05:52 PM
Quote from: Galer on November 12, 2017, 03:37:56 PM
There are many people profess to be experts (managers,s&c),doesnt mean they are.when peoples bodies r u being put on the line then they need someone who knows what there at.
There was no negativity on previous post.am i not entitled to pose a question?

Doesnt need a cv or a plan.  As long as he is cheap he will be ok. Any job with antrim football is always won by the cheapest person.  This isnt a results based job.  ;)

Think if we are basing it on a cv then clearly the best manager won! Stupid boy  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Spike

Antrim went toe to toe with a B League team in Armagh for his services......clincher was the free pair of boots antrim were offering.

Milltown Row2

It's clear you're not happy but you ain't making sense... based on your post Lenny was the best man, now dry your eyes and move on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Spike

Actually thats incorrect but no point explaining it to you. Anyways, A better musing is why the hurlers have the pick of ireland and the footballers have the pick of west belfast?

Spike

But to stay closer to point, even Lennys biggest supporters must be slightly concerned with the panel and sounds coming out from around the club players?   Im sure Lenny would appreciate some tips for recruitment. (He maybe can claim bck the cost of any phone calls).

Galer

Mr2 think u have made my point for me with your statements.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Galer on November 12, 2017, 06:20:56 PM
Mr2 think u have made my point for me with your statements.

Based on whether or not Lenny has a qualification as a manager ? Not sure he does, according to you if he doesn't then clearly not the right man

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on November 12, 2017, 06:18:51 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on March 20, 2017, 09:22:08 PM
Take a walk up the Falls road on Saturday morning or in Andytown and you will see a lot of young lads kitted out in their soccer club garb, where they are treated well, and no wonder we lose them with the attitude forthcoming from some.
When was the last year South Antrim won nothing at all in football as in 2017....oh wait they did earn a div 3 league title and just for the craic when did they last take a senior hurling title back home to Belfast ?
Our games or most certainly on the wane in the second largest city in Ireland both in able participation and indeed as spectators......and few it seems care. ???

I see the SW last hope died today with Cargin being knocked out of the U21 championship.
That's a clean sweep of football titles for Belfast clubs. A city where our national games are dying on their feet.
Terrible times for Antrim GAA.

Well they did have a SW man in charge of the football final! So well done lads  ;D

Spike

Come on now, a SW man lifted the Senior football trophy....its not all bad 😁

country bumpkin

Take a walk up the Falls road on Saturday morning or in Andytown and you will see a lot of young lads kitted out in their soccer club garb, where they are treated well, and no wonder we lose them with the attitude forthcoming from some.
When was the last year South Antrim won nothing at all in football as in 2017....oh wait they did earn a div 3 league title and just for the craic when did they last take a senior hurling title back home to Belfast ?
Our games or most certainly on the wane in the second largest city in Ireland both in able participation and indeed as spectators......and few it seems care. ???

I see the SW last hope died today with Cargin being knocked out of the U21 championship.
That's a clean sweep of football titles for Belfast clubs. A city where our national games are dying on their feet.
Jeez HS sure everyone is more than aware that things are going swimmingly well in the big smoke in some quarters......
Well for a city with more than half a million inhabitants such should well be the case.
Hey but I really can't remember the last time the Volunteer cup was entertained up there and it has been a while since a club with the tradition of Rossa won a senior football title..... :'(

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Spike on November 12, 2017, 06:28:50 PM

Yes, last year Tir na og man ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 12, 2017, 06:32:47 PM

Jeez HS sure everyone is more than aware that things are going swimmingly well in the big smoke in some quarters......
Well for a city with more than half a million inhabitants such should well be the case.
Hey but I really can't remember the last time the Volunteer cup was entertained up there and it has been a while since a club with the tradition of Rossa won a senior football title..... :'(

Jesus! I haven't looked but I'd say they'd have twice as many as your lot?

country bumpkin

And the 'Row' may well have a seat on the 'Board' post convention......
But wait MR2 not talking about that.....could it be because he is rarely seen up there and is not aware of the nomination....

Spike

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 12, 2017, 06:34:16 PM

Isnt Martin Kane from Toome? Isnt michael magill from the SW? Poor stuff 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Spike on November 12, 2017, 06:39:55 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 12, 2017, 06:34:16 PM

Isnt Martin Kane from Toome? Isnt michael magill from the SW? Poor stuff

So Cargin wouldn't let The Og man lift the cup? That's poor form