Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrendanAntrim

I'm always bemused how this site and thread can ignore the fact that our footballers are actually playing Championship today. No discussion of their chances? The team, line out, likely tactics etc. Plus the prospects of the minors - I hope they perform well too, the game v Donegal in Corrigan last year was there for the taking with some of the same squad.

paddyjohn

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on May 21, 2017, 09:58:15 AM
I'm always bemused how this site and thread can ignore the fact that our footballers are actually playing Championship today. No discussion of their chances? The team, line out, likely tactics etc. Plus the prospects of the minors - I hope they perform well too, the game v Donegal in Corrigan last year was there for the taking with some of the same squad.

I think the whole build has been consumed by one thing this week and that is the appeal. What do we expect today? A tanking and back up the road preparing for a qualifier with no chance? Or a decent performance and we go into the back door with hope? Or a win???

BrendanAntrim

Have to admit I'm worried it will be a 'everyone behind the ball and clog things up' type of effort, which will lead to a low scoring 5 or 6 point defeat. Would dearly love to be wrong but not hopeful.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on May 21, 2017, 11:07:09 AM
Hoping we'll play with a bit of balls and have a go at them.

Thinking we'll just sit back and play damage limitation, with the game passing most of our players by and a 10+ point defeat to go along with it.

So begs the question, why not have a fecking go at it?? At this point they've nothing to lose!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gold

Thinking we'll just sit back and play damage limitation, with the game passing most of our players by and a 10+ point defeat to go along with it.

Totally agree. But weve done that the last few years and got f all out of it. Have a go!

Anyone know the starting minor team and their clubs?

All the shite interviews are cringe....we are massive underdogs...a win would be the biggest shock in Ulster in my memory
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

BrendanAntrim

Agree - have a go at them can't see it happening. The minor team is on the county twitter feed.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 21, 2017, 12:17:54 PM

So begs the question, why not have a fecking go at it?? At this point they've nothing to lose!

Likely the wisest thing you have ever posted on here chief.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on May 21, 2017, 12:58:03 PM

You getting a signal from Donegal? Keep us updated...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Supposedly a freak goal for donegal too.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 21, 2017, 01:37:55 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on May 21, 2017, 12:58:03 PM

You getting a signal from Donegal? Keep us updated...

No Donegal for me mate, on club duty today.

imtommygunn

BrendanAntrim

That's class. Beating Donegal in Ballybofey - fantastic from the minors.

country bumpkin

Just back from Ballybofey and although hugely disappointed at senior demise really enjoyed the minor game and a tremendous Saffron victory.
The young lads showed skill aplenty with guts and character underling a super win.
However hear minor management were forced to dig into their own pockets to supplement payment for the squad's post game meal.
ffs....only in Antrim.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on May 21, 2017, 09:21:25 PM
Just back from Ballybofey and although hugely disappointed at senior demise really enjoyed the minor game and a tremendous Saffron victory.
The young lads showed skill aplenty with guts and character underling a super win.
However hear minor management were forced to dig into their own pockets to supplement payment for the squad's post game meal.
ffs....only in Antrim.

You hear a lot

bannside

Fantastic display from our minors. Sincere congrats to all involved.  Plenty of talent, a coach who knows what he's doing, and in manager Hugh Mc Gettigan a very experienced safe pair of hands who the players respect. Great to see their hard work paying off.