Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrendanAntrim

I don't know what that ⬆️⬆️⬆️ means

Pocs pints and the gaa

Word that there was a vote in Aghagallon to join Armagh but it didn't get the required majority...

Pocs pints and the gaa

Quote from: Pocs pints and the gaa on March 10, 2017, 03:59:34 PM
Word that there was a vote in Aghagallon to join Armagh but it didn't get the required majority...

Antrim hardliners warn Armagh keep your hands of Aghagallon.

Recent attempts to annexe Aghagallon into Armagh have met with strong opposition among staunch Antrimites. Although most in the village are virtually accepted as lurganites in everyway they refuse to join their lurgan neighbours and just be Armagh.
there has to be a 70 to 30 vote or else military force to annexe Aghagallon and there have been strong calls for this on the lough road.
One angry Aghagallon man "said youse
lurgan bastids never wanted us now we have a senior gaelic team a world class singer Ciaran Lavery a lad playing for the Republic of Ireland,and some nice lookin women, now you want us in Armagh youse can feck aff"
In fairness the grapevine has always stood up for the Gs and sure didnt Down annexe the Bleary in 1961 when they won the All Ireland before that most Bleary people were quite happy to be in Armagh!

country bumpkin

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on March 10, 2017, 03:28:34 PM
I don't know what that ⬆️⬆️⬆️ means
Means that a crowd at a Belfast venue would be a rare event BB.....

BrendanAntrim

Biggest crowd I have seen at an Antrim game recently was the McKenna Cup game v Queens last year at.....The Dub.

Crowd on Wednesday night was pretty decent too.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on March 10, 2017, 04:27:21 PM
Biggest crowd I have seen at an Antrim game recently was the McKenna Cup game v Queens last year at.....The Dub.

But he'd have seen that if he was there
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on March 10, 2017, 04:27:21 PM

Depends on what u refer to as 'decent' BA....a couple of hundred is of standard for our urban dwellers to witness our games therein.
Was at the last NFL game via Sligo and about 50-100 were in attendance at Corrigan, and indeed some nearby residents who would profess to have Saffron blood were on the 'Board' posting requests for info.....'who did the scoring' etc......  ???

paddyjohn

Bit of a shock in div3 football with Sarsfields losing V Pearses. Glenravel racked up some score. O'Dees drawing with Ballycastle also a shock.

Hectic

Yeah just seeing that there now PaddyJohn - as you say Sarsfields the surprise though Pearses were one other team that I thought might be pushing upward though I was thinking more for 3rd spot than actually getting in front of either Sarsfields or Glenravel.  Ridiculous score in the Glenravel game - shows the gulf in the top and bottom of that league - Glenravel have scored 102 pts in 2 games and look on course already to do what Ardoyne did last year in Div 3 - they really need to get themselves established in Div 2 as playing against teams like that will do them no good whatsoever and that is not slight on Mitchells who I think deserve a lot of credit for keeping it going in tough circumstances. 

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hectic on March 13, 2017, 09:29:36 AM
Yeah just seeing that there now PaddyJohn - as you say Sarsfields the surprise though Pearses were one other team that I thought might be pushing upward though I was thinking more for 3rd spot than actually getting in front of either Sarsfields or Glenravel.  Ridiculous score in the Glenravel game - shows the gulf in the top and bottom of that league - Glenravel have scored 102 pts in 2 games and look on course already to do what Ardoyne did last year in Div 3 - they really need to get themselves established in Div 2 as playing against teams like that will do them no good whatsoever and that is not slight on Mitchells who I think deserve a lot of credit for keeping it going in tough circumstances.

Clubs like Mitchels deserve huge credit, they got a new pitch etc in Poleglass didn't they?

Hectic

Yeah you would hope the determination that keeps seeing them plug away in the face of many heavy defeats will see them grow bit by bit.  Sometimes more to the thing than just winning matches and it would be nice to see them begin to progress upward.

NAG1

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 13, 2017, 10:32:02 AM

Clubs like Mitchels deserve huge credit, they got a new pitch etc in Poleglass didn't they?

Is this the same kind of arrangement as Ardoyne's new 'Home' pitch?

paddyjohn

Quote from: NAG1 on March 13, 2017, 11:04:35 AM

Was there not 3 or 4 new pitches built in Belfast? Poleglass, Ozone, Ardoyne and Woodlands?

Surely this is only a good thing.

NAG1

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 13, 2017, 11:11:41 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on March 13, 2017, 11:04:35 AM

Was there not 3 or 4 new pitches built in Belfast? Poleglass, Ozone, Ardoyne and Woodlands?

Surely this is only a good thing.

Yeah it is a good thing of course, but they are council facilities?

Hectic

Even better then as potentially requires less financial input from the clubs?