Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on February 07, 2017, 06:59:21 PM
Quote from: stiffler on February 07, 2017, 05:16:29 PM
Any word when fixtures will be released ?
No fixtures as yet Stiffler but another meeting next week................we await the 'swearing in' of the CCC................hear this body isn't overloaded with South West members.......think there is but one in that body.
Wont be many championship games out in the sticks this year I think............well unless we need lights.
Was surprised to hear that the top guns in the county did not think it within their remit to show appreciation to the PRO following his further success in Ulster and it was left up an individual to remind delegates of such at the end of the meeting under AOB.....
Only in Antrim ???

Did the sw people send people for it??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

delgany

If you don't belong to the SV team ...your face doesn't fit with the programme. So PRO. Success not celebrated.
Mr. Elliott got p45 from CCC chair...replaced by a yes man from chairman's own club......
These things all go against ethos and culture of gaa. No SW representatives on CCC. It's all a bit like the DUP ....they've lost the run of themselves !

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 07, 2017, 09:07:06 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on February 07, 2017, 06:59:21 PM
Quote from: stiffler on February 07, 2017, 05:16:29 PM
Any word when fixtures will be released ?
No fixtures as yet Stiffler but another meeting next week................we await the 'swearing in' of the CCC................hear this body isn't overloaded with South West members.......think there is but one in that body.
Wont be many championship games out in the sticks this year I think............well unless we need lights.
Was surprised to hear that the top guns in the county did not think it within their remit to show appreciation to the PRO following his further success in Ulster and it was left up an individual to remind delegates of such at the end of the meeting under AOB.....
Only in Antrim ???

Did the sw people send people for it??
seems membership of CCC is by appointment MR2......  :)

JimStynes

Who are the county board fans on here and who are the anti county board men? I don't understand it all.

Stillwater2

Quote from: JimStynes on February 07, 2017, 10:34:26 PM
Who are the county board fans on here and who are the anti county board men? I don't understand it all.

PRO, a top class job he is doing for the good of Antrim GAA. If only those at the top table appreciated the work and effort he is putting in.

Its not good at the minute with Antrim GAA.

Hectic

Quote from: FermGael on February 07, 2017, 07:40:13 PM
Any body got directions to the dunsilly centre of excellence ?

Tell the missus you are taking her to Junction 1 shopping centre and make sure she sits in the front seat beside you - that will be your sat nav - when she gets you there you are not much more than a stones throw away.

Hectic

Quote from: JimStynes on February 07, 2017, 10:34:26 PM

I am neither but I do believe that any group that sets about to affect change needs to be given time.  Too many here seem to think that a magic wand is waved and all is good immediately and then when it is not it is a crying match.  Maybe that is part of the problem here in Antrim that we do not see that for real change long term strategic thinking is required from grassroots up and that sorting the administration first was the priority.

bannside

Some ball talk going on here. Sean Kelly is well aware of how highly appreciated his services are by county executive. They also know he is one of the best in the business and are fully supportive of his endeavours.

Why on earth would anyone on here go to the bother of assuming otherwise?

Stillwater2

Quote from: bannside on February 08, 2017, 09:12:20 AM
Some ball talk going on here. Sean Kelly is well aware of how highly appreciated his services are by county executive. They also know he is one of the best in the business and are fully supportive of his endeavours.

Bannside, actions speak louder than words. That would show how much he is appreciated by the top table.

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on February 08, 2017, 09:12:20 AM

Hear what u say Bannside and to say I am amazed at the content on this would be a huge understatement.

I do know that u always have ur ear to the ground in Antrim affairs and indeed I have found myself in complete agreement with most of ur utterances, but I am completely astounded this time.

Think u are having us on my friend or is this a classic example of a swift 'tug of the forelock' to those seated at the top, or perhaps u are seeking a call to join those who do have the Vision ???

bannside

Yes I do have an ear to the ground (most of the time) and that's exactly why I am gobsmacked that some people can come to the assumption that SK has not received due recognition for his outstanding contribution. But rest assured that I will find out if there is an issue and if so, I will be thd first to agree with you.

With regard to "tugging the forelock" CB, (That's twice you have used that assertion) so I'd better nail that at source and say that neither am I courting or expecting a call from anyone  on executive to perform any particular role or function, so you can quote me on that.

I do however have an intention to see if Roger Casements can indeed make ground on mighty Cargin on the football field. Of course the first challenge is to see if we can make enough headway to get within that beagals gowl you talk of!

bannside

I have made a few enquiries and I admit maybe I have been a bit wide of the mark on this issue.

It is only proper that Seans outstanding work is properly encouraged and promoted by the hierarchy at every opportunity as there is not a better PRO in the country. His work should never be taken for granted or undervalued and those in senior officialdom should recognise that.

Typically Sean declined to make any comment.

Milltown Row2

a no news day it seems, I heard someone from SV didnt put the seat down after having a piss in local pub toilet!

New committee need ffs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

And u let slip such an exalted body woulld frequent such a place MR2 ..tut tut  :'(

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 08, 2017, 02:40:15 PM
a no news day it seems, I heard someone from SV didnt put the seat down after having a piss in local pub toilet!

New committee need ffs

For a man who is so positive about the county, you are yet to congratulate Sean.. maybe your saffron vision is blurring on and off the pitch.