Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

And John Brennan back to Lavey according to the rumour mill.

NAG1

Why are clubs paying these guys?
Is football in Antrim really that competitive that a half decent coach couldnt get that Cargin team to win the championship?

Not like they are setting the world alight in Ulster anyway so I just dont get the need for paying good money to mercenaries.

Not singling Cargin out as other clubs are doing the same, but to me it is completely baffling.

Na Glinntí Glasa

seems to be a football thing to be fair, most other clubs in ulster do it so its seen as the done thing to do.

The talent that cargan have they could of won the championship without paying a manager. Doesn't make sense to me as the manager is working with the talent that has come through the clubs underage system. Its the people who do that work to get them there is the ones who clubs should look too more so.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Couldnt get them to win a match in Ulster so time to move on, its his second time there and he's 'domminated' a poor Antrim championship (as only 2 clubs can muster up a win)

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Spike

Big presumption saying Cargin 'paid' JB.  But I would say if they recruit outside the parish next time, the next manager wont be coming for the thrill it

Galer

Dont think jb was getting anything more than40 a week.some merc.but there has been plenty tried and failed in cargin between jc and jb.

country bumpkin

Jeez JB is away to Gall's I hear......

bannside

country bumpkin

That is what I hear BS....and seems the Mc Cann brothers are transferring to Creggan, JC is set to go to Portglenone, and Tony Scullion is for Ballinderry. ;)

theskull1

Selling them to cover the management expenses?  ::)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

bannside

Lol. Any truth JB for Lavey though?

Milltown Row2

We couldn't afford the travel expenses, plus we like to win the odd Ulster Championship and have an odd day out at Croke  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 07, 2016, 07:29:23 PM
We couldn't afford the travel expenses, plus we like to win the odd Ulster Championship and have an odd day out at Croke  ;)
Think it may well be a while b4 u are back in Croker my friend....with or without JB at the helm ???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 07, 2016, 07:36:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 07, 2016, 07:29:23 PM
Think it may well be a while b4 u are back in Croker my friend....with or without JB at the helm ???

When you get there I'll be down