Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: Pocs pints and the gaa on October 27, 2016, 01:03:25 PM
Good luck to the Aghagallon men on Sunday against the Fermanagh champions. 1/3 of Ulster is behind you.

Haha

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 01, 2016, 09:14:34 AM
Paying in or refusing to do so is most certanly not the issue MR2......but no doubt the coin colectors will be manning the gate in anticipation.
But rather the huge inconvenience imposed on those supporters with children in tow, and don't forget the participants....they are kids.....and do the organisers expect those at the games of Cargin or Johnnies origin travel onwards to Glenavy after the bus journey back to junction one?
Why were the 16 games not fixed for Saturday, and why insist on a venue which is obviously not suitable.
Having visited Dunsilly it is more than obvious that the venue, in its present state is not ready to host finals, juvenile or otherwise and the idea of busing supporters in is laughable in the extreme .......but again 'Only in Antrim'.

Busing supporters, isn't that the grand plan for dealing with crowd and car management at the new Casement park, genuinely surprised this aspect of the plan hasn't received more discussion

Na Glinntí Glasa

i made use of it for the U16 hurling county finals a few weeks ago. was a pain in the ass if im honest sitting waiting on a bus to be taken to a match.

When we got down to the ground we noticed everyone had parked on the hard shoulder so it was pointless. Not many people availed of the bus option so next time im there i wont be bothering with it again.

Best thing they can do now is to get the rest of the parking spaces done out in the ground. They have planning for 90 spaces, that will be put to good use rather than the handful currently there at the moment.
hurl like f**k boi!

country bumpkin

See the very generous PP says we are 2/1 on Sunday......have winnings to speculate......well wot u think MR2?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 28, 2016, 11:47:41 AM
See the very generous PP says we are 2/1 on Sunday......have winnings to speculate......well wot u think MR2?

Tradition would say no, but a year wiser and against a tradionally poor showing from Tyrone club footballers to this competition then you might have a chance, was hoping more that a mere 2/1 to intice me
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Sorry MR2, and even though u are my financial adviser in this instance I have not taken ur advice.
I do think Cargin are a very good price indeed and money is down.
Not with the heart but the head...... :)

imtommygunn

No reason cargin can't win but from a bookies perspective when an antrim team plays a tyrone team the tyrone team is favourite all day long. They will either win or get hammered i think though could be wrong!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 28, 2016, 07:15:29 PM
No reason cargin can't win but from a bookies perspective when an antrim team plays a tyrone team the tyrone team is favourite all day long. They will either win or get hammered i think though could be wrong!
We were always favourites against Tyrone teams
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Cargin's only win in Ulster was against Carrickmore.......

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 28, 2016, 11:16:59 PM

Yeah but you have won the competition twice in last 10 years and won loads of games in it. An antrim team hasn't been a force in a few years though. I suspect in early noughties you'd not have been favourites against tyrone teams either.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 29, 2016, 10:09:45 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 28, 2016, 11:16:59 PM

Yeah but you have won the competition twice in last 10 years and won loads of games in it. An antrim team hasn't been a force in a few years though. I suspect in early noughties you'd not have been favourites against tyrone teams either.

We met Ardboe one time, shower of dirty feckers!! Kids even stoned the bus!

country bumpkin

Think u lost to Desi Ryan's Ardboe that time MR2.......have Gall's ever beaten a Tyrone team in Ulster?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 29, 2016, 03:15:12 PM
Think u lost to Desi Ryan's Ardboe that time MR2.......have Gall's ever beaten a Tyrone team in Ulster?

Carrickmore

imtommygunn

Hmmm. This hasn't started well.

2-1 to 0-2. Big battle now.

Milltown Row2

CB missing?? Would like to hear his take on the game