Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

So Derry and Tyrone both win their semis easily enough against Cavan and Fermanagh respectively reach the final. Seen Derry twice this year and Tyrone twice as well....and both eyecatchingly forward for the time of the year.

Happier now with the way we are positioned for the start of the league in two weeks.

SaffronHeart

If these Tommy Murphy cup mark 2  proposals go through. It's imperative the team get out of division 4 this year for the good of antrim football. Also any confirmation of league start dates  or fixtures? rumour is 5th march.

bannside

Promotion is essential this year. Hopefully our support which has been badly missing for the last few years will return and the team will give us plenty to cheer about. It a two way street. A few good results and the supporters will turn up.

SaffronHeart

Louth, Leitrim and Wexford all going well, however I firmly believe we are more talented whether this translates on the field is the question.

imtommygunn

Step one was getting the players back which has pretty much happened but it's another big step to translate that onto on the field performances.

I worry about our lack of a big scorer in the FF line though maybe Neeson has enough about him to do that in division 4. I think we are ok in midfield and not too badly off in defense / half forwards but real scoring forwards I'm not so sure.

country bumpkin

Rumour would suggest that Cargin have received a few transfer requests from players previously based across the river....................hard to get confirmation ;)

SaffronHeart

Elaborate CB. Also anyone know when championship draws are taking place? League dates would also be a start from saffron vision

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SaffronHeart on January 18, 2016, 09:33:08 PM
Elaborate CB. Also anyone know when championship draws are taking place? League dates would also be a start from saffron vision

Same every year... The fact that the leagues are earlier with the new initiative will make it closer to start of league than before.... I sense some dissatisfaction with Antrim Vision (while its not entirely AV) been in a wet week and some are knocking.... Brill
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: SaffronHeart on January 18, 2016, 09:33:08 PM

That is as much as I know SH......not privy to such inside info......just relating what  I hear.
League dates, and structures due to that stupid motion will be on agenda at next weeks County gathering.....championship draws on the following week and maybe SV will proceed as directed by decision made re seeding........unless the little guy throws his weight around again :'(

SaffronHeart

Well as long as they give equal attention to both codes they'll be alright in my book. Football is just as popular in Antrim as hurling. Championship entries apparently out, glenravel still junior even though they are division 2 this year big pressure on them to finally win it. Aldergrove down to intermediate apparently. Nothing confirmed as of yet so don't quote me

stiffler

Quote from: SaffronHeart on January 22, 2016, 01:12:37 PM
Well as long as they give equal attention to both codes they'll be alright in my book. Football is just as popular in Antrim as hurling. Championship entries apparently out, glenravel still junior even though they are division 2 this year big pressure on them to finally win it. Aldergrove down to intermediate apparently. Nothing confirmed as of yet so don't quote me

Is championships not meant to be based on leagues ? I thought that was the point of increasing the number of teams to 12 in div 1 & 2.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

paddyjohn

Quote from: stiffler on January 22, 2016, 11:08:09 PM
Quote from: SaffronHeart on January 22, 2016, 01:12:37 PM

Is championships not meant to be based on leagues ? I thought that was the point of increasing the number of teams to 12 in div 1 & 2.

No, I don't think it was ever the case. I think the idea was to make more competitive leagues across the 3 divisions. I think the championships should of been based on the league positions though.

country bumpkin

U really believe leagues will be more competitive PJ.... ???

paddyjohn

Quote from: country bumpkin on January 25, 2016, 04:00:32 PM
U really believe leagues will be more competitive PJ.... ???

Course not CB..

stiffler

Div 1 & 2 to start in April.

Would have preferred an earlier start (and therefore finish) to the season myself.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009