Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themac_23

Quote from: FullForward72 on January 11, 2015, 08:17:15 AM
I have no idea of the details of the restructure, i remember reading somewhere its a minimum of 14 games to be played for a league season so i would imagine if that cant be fulfilled then something would have to be done about it. On the convention point technically there would have to be a motion put forward however if the aforementioned point of minimum games is not fulfilled i think the county can basically do whatever they want, all should become clear after 19th january when the competition entries are processed

What way do yoju think theyll do it out of interest FF? Just a 12 team div 3 and keep 1 and 2 as 10? probably the easiest to be honest. Only thing is looking at the way div 1 and 2 relegations finished up there are 2 teams who probably feel hard done by, maybe a 12 team div 1 10 div 2 and 10 div 3 would be an option? only problem being with that is you are giving 4 extra fixtures in the league where there are the most county players and therefore a smaller calendar. 

FullForward72

If it was up to me mac, 10 team div1 12 team div2 with last years relegated teams staying up and endas & paddies still going up. And then the rest into div3. If they want to keep div4 they will have to flood it with second teams who cant gain promotion, which would be counter productive as well. Only way it can be done as far as i can see!

country bumpkin

Seeding for senior football championship 2015...........bout time? ???

Gold

Was at Armagh match on Sunday.

Poor performance although albeit we were not near full strength. Scored 2 good points from strong running Owen Gallagher in first half. 1st should have been a goal, blasted over. If had have side footed home with composure like a Sean Cavanagh would have looked an easy goal. Owen was one of very few fit to break a tackle unfortunately. Any time anyone faced a tackle they invariable turned towards our own goals and kicked the ball 20 metres backwards.

6-2 down at half time but with a big wind to come there was hope but alas 4 mins in the score was 1-8 to 0-2.

We are too negative.  A minor from last year came on, Ruari Scott from St Endas--he knows how to play football and took it on himself to launch a few balls in between the posts, into the full forward line, q danger and a penalty. No namby pamby outside of boot passes or hugging Jamie Clarke from him.

Tony Scullion was one of the better players, using power to break tackles and fit to stop a runner and tackle. Was hit more than once by J Clarke (who should've saw straight red, don't believe the shite in the papers) and did well not to react.

So called big names didn't want to really have a go and were happy to let their man get on the ball and score more than them from play but to the laughter of the crowd called on others to f'ing help tackle the one time they bothered to pretend to tackle themselves.

A lot of boys unsure what to do when got the ball. Magill isolated in FF and the only ball kicked to him was to the left touchline, useless. At least Scott may have kicked a ball into him had they been on at the same time. Need Magill on the ball with Tomas etc coming off him once the League starts.

That team is an absolute reserve team so cant be too critical but it was painful to watch us score 2 points a half, 2 from play.

Kerr did well in nets and was unlucky with the first goal, having made a great save from the original shot only for it to rebound to the same attacker.

Laverty was good in parts but carried into tackles a few times.

There wasn't much to hit up front granted but the backward kick passing was hard to watch.

The weather and pitches aren't great right now so the match may not have given a proper picture but Armagh didn't look great and wont be winning any Ulster or AI this year.

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Catch and Kick

Whats the point in playing McKenna Cup with reserves when you have to face top teams like Armagh and Tyrone who are playing first team players? It can be good experience for young lads but only if they are integrating into an almost first choice team.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on January 13, 2015, 04:30:33 PM
Seeding for senior football championship 2015...........bout time? ???

Well it well help you lot getting to the final, even better chance now to win the championship ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I take it Rossa and St Johns were 3rd and 4th in the league last year if they're seeded?

I'd have thought Lamh Dhearg and Creggan were 3rd and 4th best teams??

country bumpkin

Seeding for championship is according to finishing places in the 2014 league; 1 Cargin 2 Gall's 3 Creggan 4 Rossa.....

themac_23

Just seen on the county website the make up of leagues and championships for next year. Def gonna be a Div 4, seems it was 1 up 1 down from div 3 with lisburn staying div 4. Mitchells and Ballycastle both fielding this year along with Glenravel 2nds and Aghagallon 2nds.

imtommygunn

Quote from: country bumpkin on January 14, 2015, 10:06:09 AM
Seeding for championship is according to finishing places in the 2014 league; 1 Cargin 2 Gall's 3 Creggan 4 Rossa.....
Ah - I had read st johns and was wondering!

Gold

Match refused for Sunday. Had the thermals with me and was ready to go after work too!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

country bumpkin

Draw for championship Monday. Hear four seeds to quarters, with 3 preliminary games and a bye.......then open draw.

getevennotcross

Tyrone beat Antrim 1-11 to 0-7.  They say winning "becomes a habit".  Cant wait for our habit to start!

Does getting beat also become a habit, which is more worrying?  Appears we don't do well under managers named Frank!

Bloody marvellous, eh.

bannside

Just back in from seeing QUB beat Derry. We had 4 playing and all did very well. But Ryan Murray was by a country mile the best player on the pitch. Simply unstoppable today.

Catch and Kick

Antrim dropped a lot of shots short on the goalies chest today... started well but fizzled out in second half. Hope there will be changes for the League opener.