Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CentreHalfBack

Quote from: AQMP on January 31, 2014, 12:12:25 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 31, 2014, 12:01:23 PM
Interesting team - is CJ injured?

Hasson in full forward as a target man I assume.

I think I saw on Twitter the other day that CJ was an injury doubt.  Yeah, I suppose Hasson is in there to win ball...draw a free then Paddy knocks it over and we win 0-10 (9 frees) - 0-9 ;)

League starts this weekend and CJ goes on a drinking weekend ::)
New season - new reason

bannside

Best of luck to the lads in Saffron today in a tough opening game. Hopefully we have enough to get the points and back up the road. Two points away from home would set us up nicely.

Cant make it to Leitrim as our under - 21`s are playing Derry winners Slaughtneil in the opening round of the Creggan tournament today at 2.30. Hopefully we can prove worthy Antrim champions and give a good account of ourselves.

glens abu

Beat 1-11to 1-6,that's a very disappointing start to league campaign,any reports on match?

Kidder81

Quote from: CentreHalfBack on January 31, 2014, 05:55:59 PM
Quote from: AQMP on January 31, 2014, 12:12:25 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 31, 2014, 12:01:23 PM
Interesting team - is CJ injured?

Hasson in full forward as a target man I assume.

I think I saw on Twitter the other day that CJ was an injury doubt.  Yeah, I suppose Hasson is in there to win ball...draw a free then Paddy knocks it over and we win 0-10 (9 frees) - 0-9 ;)

League starts this weekend and CJ goes on a drinking weekend ::)

Serious ?

bannside

What happened? Anyone at it? That was never going to be easy but only seven scores tells a tale of its own.

Portglenone beat Slaughtneil in a thriller, as usual by a point with a great second half comeback in Creggan tournament.  Four down at a stage in the second half, and then we started to play. This team is giving us some great days!

Gold

Quote from: bannside on February 02, 2014, 04:45:02 PM
What happened? Anyone at it? That was never going to be easy but only seven scores tells a tale of its own.

Portglenone beat Slaughtneil in a thriller, as usual by a point with a great second half comeback in Creggan tournament.  Four down at a stage in the second half, and then we started to play. This team is giving us some great days!

Delighted for you.

Bad start v Leitrim
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

bannside

Thanks Gold. We seem to think we have a right to beat the Leitrims of this world, but Mayo, Sligo and Roscommon couldn't do it these past few weeks. Our away record is abysmal too which dosent help.

And there is no point of anyone looking to start lumping all the blame on Baker or the management team. Once the ball is thrown in its up to the players to deliver. Obviously too many didn't do it. How many can look in the mirror today and say "I did well today". How many won their 1v1`s. How many thought "its only Leitrim"?

Time to lose this condescending attitude that we will sail through division four. Hard hard work might get us there, but nothing less.

We can bounce back from this setback if we keep a cool head. Not a time for panic we can win our four home games and everyone will drop points in this division. Ten points will secure promotion.

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on February 02, 2014, 08:08:33 PM
Thanks Gold. We seem to think we have a right to beat the Leitrims of this world, but Mayo, Sligo and Roscommon couldn't do it these past few weeks. Our away record is abysmal too which dosent help.

And there is no point of anyone looking to start lumping all the blame on Baker or the management team. Once the ball is thrown in its up to the players to deliver. Obviously too many didn't do it. How many can look in the mirror today and say "I did well today". How many won their 1v1`s. How many thought "its only Leitrim"?

Time to lose this condescending attitude that we will sail through division four. Hard hard work might get us there, but nothing less.

Quite right u are Bannside sure Baker can only put the team out and the fact that all of the forwards bar one were replaced tells its own tale.

We can bounce back from this setback if we keep a cool head. Not a time for panic we can win our four home games and everyone will drop points in this division. Ten points will secure promotion.

Rawhide

That had of been Dawson, there would have been soon crying. A very poor result. It is the managers job to make sure the players attitude is right for the game, maybe his misplaced confidence had a negative effect. Results similar to last year already.
cccc is a true supporter lol

glens abu

Quote from: Rawhide on February 03, 2014, 08:05:29 PM
That had of been Dawson, there would have been soon crying. A very poor result. It is the managers job to make sure the players attitude is right for the game, maybe his misplaced confidence had a negative effect. Results similar to last year already.

Agree with that and althought I had my doubts regarding the Baker return think he should be given a few more games before he is judged,but def needs to improve.

bannside

Fair point Glens. We all have our own opinion on who should manage the county to better things, and Bakers reappointment raised a lot of eyebrows. Some in favour and others preferring the look of some of the alternatives who were in the mix.

But when he has the gig, we need to get behind him. And to be fair the vibes from a lot of the players I spoke to are that its a good set up, and they like Paddys training and so on.

I put this to bed in my head early on. Baker will be judged on beating Fermanagh and getting us out of Division Four. Anything more is a bonus, anything less is not acceptable. And the board will be judged on this too, especially after last years fiasco.

But for a group of players to look so impressive against Down, and so pathetic away from home to lowly Leitrim, would put grey hairs on any manager. Hopefully we will see our true colours on Sunday against Wicklow. Good luck to all concerned.

jftj

Once I saw the forward line selected ,I knew our goose was cooked v Leitrim.why not stick with the forwards who are playing well.cj and Tomas were injured but what happened to bam and philly?pollock playing at 11?why?management have to take some flak for that shambles.

CentreHalfBack

Senior Football C`Ship 2014

Preliminary Rd
1 Naomh Gall V Achadh Eochaille
2 Naomh Tresa V Ros Earcain
3 Clann na hEireann V Ui D Rosa

¼ Finals
A Naomh Eoin v Winner 2
B An Creagan v Garr An Searnoich
C Naomh Pól v Winner 1
D Winner 3 v Lamh Dhearg

Semi Finals
D v A
C v B

Final
New season - new reason

CentreHalfBack

Quote from: jftj on February 04, 2014, 04:08:43 PM
Once I saw the forward line selected ,I knew our goose was cooked v Leitrim.why not stick with the forwards who are playing well.cj and Tomas were injured but what happened to bam and philly?pollock playing at 11?why?management have to take some flak for that shambles.

Agreed. McGrady and Hasson didn't play in the McKenna Cup, yet we throw them into one of our biggest games in the league. Crazy stuff.
New season - new reason

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CentreHalfBack on February 05, 2014, 04:26:42 PM
Senior Football C`Ship 2014

Preliminary Rd
1 Naomh Gall V Achadh Eochaille
2 Naomh Tresa V Ros Earcain
3 Clann na hEireann V Ui D Rosa

¼ Finals
A Naomh Eoin v Winner 2
B An Creagan v Garr An Searnoich
C Naomh Pól v Winner 1
D Winner 3 v Lamh Dhearg

Semi Finals
D v A
C v B

Final

Cargin Galls final again? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea