Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Casements rebuilding has been ongoing for a few years now. We dropped into Div 2 and we could have pushed on a few times and probably got promotion (one year we voted against going up when we had the opportunity).

We won a reserve plate and followed this up with a reserve championship the following year, beating Cargin and St Johns second strings, and as Dreen says, most of those lads that played on Sunday were involved. I managed those two teams, so to be honest we were pleased with the progress.

Most around the club thought we just weren't ready, and did not fancy the yoyo effect of going down, then up, then down again. But we have always known there were a few decent ones coming through the system, and possibly better to go up when we were ready.

Big Niall an obvious boost too of course. Yes we think we should be a strong div 2 team next year, and if we go up we should be in a position to push on and get back to our lofty top four position of the noughties. Well that's the plan anyway!!

theskull1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 28, 2013, 12:52:00 PM
but sure we know everything when we are that age!! #knowfcukall

You didnt know what a hash tag was thats for sure  :)

....I still don't  :-\
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on November 28, 2013, 02:41:02 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 28, 2013, 12:52:00 PM
but sure we know everything when we are that age!! #knowfcukall

You didnt know what a hash tag was thats for sure  :)

....I still don't  :-\

No the kids are doing it so fcuk it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

oneclubonelife

Bannside

Hope casements push on from this and get their just reward's seniors were going well last year and looked as if they could go all the way but came up short - the club have a good platform to build on - are the senior management team the same as last year -are the U21 management team involved with the senior/reserve teams. As you have said it sometime takes a "persuasive" manager to take the young player to the next level. Any candidates ?

bannside

The under 21 management team are all expected to be part of next years senior panel so I dont think they have senior or reserve management aspirations just yet. Plenty of time for that. Some mark on their coaching CV though!

Hey all this about Casements must be getting tedious for some. Enjoyed our few days in the sun but challenge is now to kick on to the next level. Always easier said than done!

Youre new oneclubonelife. Welcome lad and to a few other newcomers recently.

RefForFee

Amazing  ::)

Never ceases to amaze me that so many vitriolic demagogues can gather in one place and spin their spurious diatribe, and then believe they are making some kind of difference to the woes and misfortunes of Antrim.  Absolutely amazing  :'(.
"We haven't gone away ya know, well maybe for a little while, but we'll always be back"- just like?

jftj

Quote from: bannside on November 28, 2013, 10:13:07 AM
Yes Gold. It was a fantastic day for all club members as the team delivered the clubs biggest and most prestigious win in its history.

To do it coming from 8 behind Creggan with fifteen minutes left, and 4 behind Cargin at one stage meant it was always going to be memorable. But to come from 9 behind in the final, with seven minors on the pitch was the stuff made of dreams - especially with so many Lamhs with recent county experience versus so many of our lads who went those trials but didnt make it!

Great too for a new management team of senior players who lost more than their share of finals over the years, and won this so early in their management careers.

Having four sons on the team was extra special though. How do you follow that?
With a senior of course

paddyjohn

Quote from: oneclubonelife on November 28, 2013, 03:34:11 PM
Bannside

Hope casements push on from this and get their just reward's seniors were going well last year and looked as if they could go all the way but came up short - the club have a good platform to build on - are the senior management team the same as last year -are the U21 management team involved with the senior/reserve teams. As you have said it sometime takes a "persuasive" manager to take the young player to the next level. Any candidates ?

Fair play Bannside. Portglenone are a fantastic club full of great football men & even better ladies! The success is down to the hard work of a small close knit club and is an example to every other club.

Who is in the frame for the senior job next year? That'd be a great job for somebody. Young side and a few old heads threw in for good measure.

bannside

It wasnt that appealing looking a month ago when St Teresas beat us fair and square in the int final Paddy John.

St Teresas have the best young player I have seen for manys a year. Definite county star in the making. Look out for him. Conor Mallon.

Conor O Rawe up there too in the same mould. Two class acts.

paddyjohn

A job like the Portglenone job always looks appealing. St Teresa's beat you fair and square that day but they had a bit of luck which is needed. They are also a good young side. Div2 will be close this year as it was last year.

stibhan

bannside, no offence, but everytime you talk about a young player he's 'the best you've seen in a long time'. Maybe time to just say 'he's got potential' and leave it at that?

bannside

Fair enough Stibhan but my own problem with that is that I hate the word "potential". Hundreds of players have potential and wouldnt excite me this much.

RefForFee

Off to the Dub this evening.  Another few pounds in the making, lets hope HMRC are not in attendance :-X

La Salle and St. Joes Newry for me.

OH Oh - were really fcuked now:

County Convention

Monday 9th December 2013

Wee JE to steer the ship.  Women and children first please  :-[

"We haven't gone away ya know, well maybe for a little while, but we'll always be back"- just like?

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 27, 2013, 04:04:41 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 27, 2013, 03:59:51 PM
Yep - fair enough!

Cargin should have won more to be honest but it's themselves they've had to blame and they are the "superpower" of the south west so you would expect them to be the team in contention.

FFS Dunloy have won more than them lol

You seem to have some negative feelings about Cargin Milltown...............hope such does not hinder ur whistling..........Or perhaps it already has..............
Cargin would have won a few more championships but unfortunately for them they came up against a very strong gall's side.........which had gathered players from far and wide, to include imports from fermanagh, derry, armagh, down, and tyrone, as well as from mc dermott's, st enda's, etc, etc, etc...............

Milltown Row2

If Im negative towards you its doesn't mean Im negative towards Cargin ya glipe!! Im glad Cargin haven't any players from outside Toome  ::) oh wait...Tir na og  Creggan ........ Glass houses ya tool.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea