Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: glens abu on November 21, 2013, 12:44:36 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 21, 2013, 11:18:18 AM
Quote from: glens abu on November 21, 2013, 11:06:30 AM
Yeah very sad indeed about Anto and great effort by lots of Gaels and others to raise money for this cause.I was a bit disappointed the Antrim board could not get around to making Casement available for a big game that was planned.Should be a great day and night on Sat for great cause.

In fairness though all the games will be held on the St Pauls, Rossa and Sarsfields pitches which makes more sense. Casement to long for sevens ;) or 35 year olds maybe (wish i was 35 ffs)

Yeah but they had a match organised between Dublin and Tyrone but board couldnt give casement.

Ah didn't realise, insurance ffs, pitch stand and customers H&S all big issues, plus no pub  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

glens abu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 21, 2013, 12:52:40 PM
Quote from: glens abu on November 21, 2013, 12:44:36 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 21, 2013, 11:18:18 AM
Quote from: glens abu on November 21, 2013, 11:06:30 AM
Yeah very sad indeed about Anto and great effort by lots of Gaels and others to raise money for this cause.I was a bit disappointed the Antrim board could not get around to making Casement available for a big game that was planned.Should be a great day and night on Sat for great cause.

In fairness though all the games will be held on the St Pauls, Rossa and Sarsfields pitches which makes more sense. Casement to long for sevens ;) or 35 year olds maybe (wish i was 35 ffs)

Yeah but they had a match organised between Dublin and Tyrone but board couldnt give casement.

Ah didn't realise, insurance ffs, pitch stand and customers H&S all big issues, plus no pub  ;)

Yeah insurance the big problem,but always think there has to be a way around these problems,anyhow should be good day on Sat and hope plenty of money raised.

Minder

Desperate news, he was a good hurler in his day too, fit as a fiddle.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on November 21, 2013, 01:13:19 PM

Aye could hurl rightly Minder, decent stick man, but with the pull of county football and being in a football club something has to give.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

glens abu

Ah terrible news,was a good servant to Antrim.Never seen him play hurling but yeah one fit lad unfortunately deceases like this have no respect for anything.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: glens abu on November 21, 2013, 01:42:44 PM

Ah terrible news,was a good servant to Antrim.Never seen him play hurling but yeah one fit lad unfortunately deceases like this have no respect for anything.

I wonder is there any early screening programmes that could perhaps prevent the disease.

With Anto, Joost Van der Westhuizen and Fernando Ricksen is the press recently thats three high profile former sportsmen with the disease.

country bumpkin

Not at all surprised to hear that the only player suspended from the 'battle on chapel hill' after he under-21 semi has had his suspension removed/lifted to enable him to play in the final.............seems the colour of the shirt and having friends in high places does matter. ;)

bannside

You wont hear any crying from Portglenone about suspensions. At the end of the day you want to test yourselves against the best, and see where you stand.

LD are rightly very hot favourites, but Casements have no fear of this and there is a great buzz around the club. All bonus territory now with nothing to lose. Very few (outside ourselves) saw us getting this far!

Just from a personal view (and I havent heard it mentioned around the club) why cant a final like this be played somewhere half way. Glenavy/Creggan/Cargin/Randalstown/Ahoghill etc are all great venues geographically between the two clubs.

Sarsfields venue will definitely feel much more like an away fixture to Casements than it will to Lamh Dhearg - but thats just my two cents worth....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on November 22, 2013, 04:57:06 PM
You wont hear any crying from Portglenone about suspensions. At the end of the day you want to test yourselves against the best, and see where you stand.

LD are rightly very hot favourites, but Casements have no fear of this and there is a great buzz around the club. All bonus territory now with nothing to lose. Very few (outside ourselves) saw us getting this far!

Just from a personal view (and I havent heard it mentioned around the club) why cant a final like this be played somewhere half way. Glenavy/Creggan/Cargin/Randalstown/Ahoghill etc are all great venues geographically between the two clubs.

Sarsfields venue will definitely feel much more like an away fixture to Casements than it will to Lamh Dhearg - but thats just my two cents worth....

I thought St Enda's this year ran their championship games well, I was at hurling and football ones and pitch was decent also

jftj

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 22, 2013, 04:31:13 PM
Not at all surprised to hear that the only player suspended from the 'battle on chapel hill' after he under-21 semi has had his suspension removed/lifted to enable him to play in the final.............seems the colour of the shirt and having friends in high places does matter. ;)
HAHA-'the battle on chapel hill" where exactly  0 punches or kicks were thrown.f**k me I,d like to see what you would call a real battle.by the way the ulster council overturned the ridiculous suspensions from the first game.they just laugh their balls off at wee joe and the boys.now that was a WAR-I think I saw 3 punches in that one.Savagery at its worst.on a side note has wee joe ever not got a suspension overturned that went to ulster council(I know we,ve always won ours)

thecracken

Quote from: jftj on November 23, 2013, 03:38:10 AM
Quote from: country bumpkin on November 22, 2013, 04:31:13 PM
HAHA-'the battle on chapel hill" where exactly  0 punches or kicks were thrown.f**k me I,d like to see what you would call a real battle.by the way the ulster council overturned the ridiculous suspensions from the first game.they just laugh their balls off at wee joe and the boys.now that was a WAR-I think I saw 3 punches in that one.Savagery at its worst.on a side note has wee joe ever not got a suspension overturned that went to ulster council(I know we,ve always won ours)

You seem to delight in the fact that Ulster Council overturned the decisions! I spoke with an UC coach yesterday who was telling me about what went on, I personally think its disgusting, what your club members said allegedly at the meeting and how lads characters where presented, Ill tell you one thing, if that was done on any other platform it wouldn't be allowed.

I was at the game, I heard the abuse, I moved three times because of it and I witnessed the altercations, which again I have said I have seen a lot worse, however the fact remains that people on the day behaved disgracefully and should hold their hands up and have the B***s to take what's coming. You haven't at any time condemned their behaviour which to be honest is more concerning to me.
It has proved that it is who you know at UC and who can work the system, however clubs need to be aware that a poacher come game keeper role can always bite you in the ass! I am amazed and shocked to hear that a Referee that was present submitted a statement allegedly against the referee on the day, my own opinion on the day was he referred what was a great game, like everyone present I was bewildered by the abandonment, however I cant believe that one referee would challenge another, the lad from UC says that it has shocked even some of the senior UC officials who have viewed it in a very dim light, dirty stroke their imo, that's like one team mate stiffing another. Anyway I don't agree with what has gone on and if that's the future of our games in Antrim then its time I found an alternative sport.

country bumpkin

Fully agree with the sentiments as expressed by the cracken.............saw what went on on amongst the spectators post that u-21 semi replay and the fact that the player who provoked those scenes had his suspension rescinded is deplorable.........i

exiledjohn

Just a note of point. The U21 semi (which I did not attend) did have trouble apparently in the crowd that is not part of our games. However the delight which is seen from JFTJ is probably more to do with the fact that those suspended were innocent of the crime they were accused. Thus had the powers involved got the correct people there may have been no appeal.

country bumpkin

Exiled John u must really be in exile if u believe the workings of the ulster council deal with innocence or guilt rather that the all important 'rule book' ..............facts are u can be as guilty as sin but if it is proven that the 'guilty party' was not punished strictly by the book, within rule then he will be cleared...........u believe that nothing untoward happened in those games we speak of John???

exiledjohn

My point was that those (or at least some of those) suspended were not guilty in anyway. Thus JFTJ's delight. I did say that there were apparently (as per saying I was not there) scenes which were not welcome.