Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Garrett was told by a Johnnies man in a tracksuit (some fat lad) that he was a useless cnut, I'm afraid to say I'd call him the same back or words to that affect. But you have heard what Garrett said but failed to hear what your own clubman said, strange how we only hear/see some things

I asked the question, did Garrett cause it? I didn't mention you said he did

guidance for referees when there is persistant abuse is simple, send the player/mentor off, you can't send someone off if they are behind a fence, so they can continue to abuse the referee

It may say Milltown Row but I'm not hiding behind anonymity as i make it clear on numerous occasions who I am

I said he took nastiness from certain sections, questioning his integrity and his fairness in a game where he has to be seen as being fair

I have had a pop at people and again make no hiding of who I am, but it's my view on it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ArfurFoxAche

That's me told then.  Referees are off limits.  I take everything back.  You win.  I'm away to hide behind that big cloak of anonymity...

You can consider the horse well and truly flogged.

Milltown Row2

It's not about winning it's about seeing both sides. Im sure in hindsight like all referees they walk away from a match wondering could they have played that better. just like players and managers they may get it wrong. Many a time during a game id love to shout over to the line to shut da fcuk up. or get of the pitch ya fat bastrd. Hey i might do iyou slabber long enough.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Memory Man

OK MR2, it looks as if we will have to agree to disagree, I agree with my learner colleague no point flogging a dead horse! 

But one last question; should a referee not be administered by the same rules as the rest of us, if I abused the referee either verbally or with a gesture, he books/ sends me off which is only but right.  Surly the same rules should apply to him regardless of the provarication.  I only ever retaliated I never hit anyone first,  ;) but I was still wrong and got sanctioned accordingly so to say he was provoked doesn't really cut it.

On the other hand maybe referees are infallible like the Pope, if memory serves me right GD travelled that road for a while  :)

I'm sure we are boring everyone at this stage with this, so let's move on, and by the way you'se do a great job and fair play to you.  :)

glens abu

I see Brendan Crossen is making up stories again,said at weekend Pete Mcgrath in for Antrim job but in today's IN McGrath said its first he heard about it.That Crossen boy is some clown, that must be about 6 names he has put forward as applying for the job and all have denied it,seems like he tells as many lies as that brother of his. :-[What is your agenda Brendan?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Memory Man on October 29, 2013, 09:53:33 AM
OK MR2, it looks as if we will have to agree to disagree, I agree with my learner colleague no point flogging a dead horse! 

But one last question; should a referee not be administered by the same rules as the rest of us, if I abused the referee either verbally or with a gesture, he books/ sends me off which is only but right.  Surly the same rules should apply to him regardless of the provarication.  I only ever retaliated I never hit anyone first,  ;) but I was still wrong and got sanctioned accordingly so to say he was provoked doesn't really cut it.

On the other hand maybe referees are infallible like the Pope, if memory serves me right GD travelled that road for a while  :)

I'm sure we are boring everyone at this stage with this, so let's move on, and by the way you'se do a great job and fair play to you.  :)

I agree with you that all referees have to answer to the CCC also, I was only giving the view as a referee and what I heard. I doubt very much had Garrett would have done anything that has been alledged here had he not been abused, he'll admit to telling someone to fcuk off I'm sure and if he did the finger then that also. So if he puts that in his report the CCC will no doubt deal with that.

But I hope we are in agreement that clubs need to ensure their mentors managers and players try and curtail the abuse and CCC and referees committie address referees. But in the course of a years games at all levels the amount of times a referee has reacted to abuse given to him by a club must be very minimal compared to the other way around.

Can't wait till next season lol

ManInBlackandGreen

This has been a fantastic read since the weekend, all focusing on the Referee, again nothing knew there either. However with the exception of MR2 who is presenting the bigger problem and picture, a number of mentors and substitutes ran onto the field and got involved in something that had nothing to do with them, the lads on the field would have I'm sure been dealt with accordingly and the game would have come to its final conclusion of its own accord and from what I hear up to then it was an excellent game. All you jonnies men have not once mentioned until pressed by MR2 the actual incident.

Everyone that ran onto the pitch and got involved contributed to a melee Yes
Everyone that struck someone else should be dealt with? Players and Mentors Yes
Senior Club officials and "legends" calling both the Referee and opposition B's C's and all the rest. Yes
Lads that up until the mentors and leaders got involved now going to suffer. Yes
Competition suffers for their lack of involvement. Yes
Clubs going behind the scenes telling lies looking back room deals to rubbish a mans character. Yes

You know something lads, he is a f****n fool why would you do it!!!

culchie11

So lamhs v johnnies is to be replayed in Glenavy this sat!

Both teams will be minus a few players with up to 8 getting bans & a few mentors also.

Think Duffy should've finished the game last week but that was his call, his duty was to keep control and he lost control of himself by the sounds of it and not for the 1 st time, I hear he did something similar last year in Dunloy at a hurling game, made a gesture to the crowd but it was brushed under carpet.

Heard up to four 2 year bans handed out for u16 hurling game, a few one year bans and some lesser ones also, busy few weeks in antrim gaa disciplinary corridors!

jftj

Quote from: culchie11 on October 30, 2013, 12:37:56 PM
So lamhs v johnnies is to be replayed in Glenavy this sat!

Both teams will be minus a few players with up to 8 getting bans & a few mentors also.

Think Duffy should've finished the game last week but that was his call, his duty was to keep control and he lost control of himself by the sounds of it and not for the 1 st time, I hear he did something similar last year in Dunloy at a hurling game, made a gesture to the crowd but it was brushed under carpet.

Heard up to four 2 year bans handed out for u16 hurling game, a few one year bans and some lesser ones also, busy few weeks in antrim gaa disciplinary corridors!
Glad to hear the match will be replayed as I didn't think it would have been fair to punish the teams for the refs ineptitude.it really is hard to see how 8 players are going to be suspended for such a small incident.duffy must have made out it was like world war 3 to explain his shocking decision to abandon the match.now we are going to have a number of lads suspended for f all.no wonder so many young lads turn their back on the game.

jftj

Quote from: hardstation on October 30, 2013, 01:01:09 PM
If there was a brawl, it is likely that 8 people struck or attempted to strike.

I understand that the usual GAA 'rule' is you put 1 off from each team after a 30 man brawl.
Obvious that u weren't at the game.there wasn't 8 punches thrown never mind 8 people throwing them.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: jftj on October 30, 2013, 01:31:39 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 30, 2013, 01:01:09 PM
If there was a brawl, it is likely that 8 people struck or attempted to strike.

I understand that the usual GAA 'rule' is you put 1 off from each team after a 30 man brawl.
Obvious that u weren't at the game.there wasn't 8 punches thrown never mind 8 people throwing them.

Was Lamhs winning the game at this point? Could the Johnnies have made a comeback?

jftj

Lamhs had just equalised with 2mins left to go.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: jftj on October 30, 2013, 01:58:01 PM
Lamhs had just equalised with 2mins left to go.

Oh right, thought there was 4 to go? 2 plus 2 injury ;) 

jftj

I think there were too many people going in to make sure there wasn,t a brawl i.e to separate the teams.maybe this spooked the ref.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: jftj on October 30, 2013, 02:46:44 PM
I think there were too many people going in to make sure there wasn,t a brawl i.e to separate the teams.maybe this spooked the ref.

Look it's the domino effect, one in all in ffs.