Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Cargin and St Pauls for me.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on August 21, 2013, 04:15:16 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on August 21, 2013, 03:26:45 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 21, 2013, 12:33:18 PM
St. Pauls and ourselves could play 100 times and we would win 50 each.

I fancy Cargin to beat Lámh Dhearg.

if yous are so inseperable, surely there would have be at least 20 draws in there with 40 wins each !!
Nah, we never draw.

I must say as a referee the Rossa management are a breath of fresh air, (set them up for a fall now) they was no bullshite from them and when one or two subs said anything Brian gave them an earfull, I wish all clubs could manage their lines like that. The best yet
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on August 21, 2013, 04:28:33 PM
Balances out with Aidan Hamill. ;)

Yeah I haven't had the pleasure this year ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Glensman

Looking at fixtures this weekend surely there must be a clash for a couple/few of the Under 21 hurlers and the football championship? Are there any St Pauls or Rossa boys caught by both? Assume Creggan caught with Conor McCann playing both?

If so surely their club championship matchs could have been moved by the county to the Sunday???

If this hasn't been considered or has and been rejected this is a disgrace - how can we put our best foot forward on the national stage without players who are playing for their clubs (rightly or wrongly, it is the clubs who got them to where they are today so I am guessing that is where loyalty may sway).

Glensman

Quote from: Glensman on August 22, 2013, 11:06:39 AM
Looking at fixtures this weekend surely there must be a clash for a couple/few of the Under 21 hurlers and the football championship? Are there any St Pauls or Rossa boys caught by both? Assume Creggan caught with Conor McCann playing both?

If so surely their club championship matchs could have been moved by the county to the Sunday???

If this hasn't been considered or has and been rejected this is a disgrace - how can we put our best foot forward on the national stage without players who are playing for their clubs (rightly or wrongly, it is the clubs who got them to where they are today so I am guessing that is where loyalty may sway).

Just actually seen this on county website:

Name : Johnny21 August 2013
Are there any changes to the senior football c'chip games this weekend, due to the u21 hurlers playing c'chip on sat in thurles. Would like the think players such as mc greevy (st galls) & mc Guinness (Rossa) Wudnt have to miss one or the other.

Answer:
no there are no changes.

We are a fooking joke. Why can, in one fell swoop, the matches not be moved to the Sunday evening/afternoon rather than the Saturday?
I appreciate it must be a nightmare to organise fixtures and I appreciate people are two easy to bash but this is disgraceful.
We are a poor dual country in no real interest of changing that status.

jftj

unbelievable how these johhnies youngsters are overlooked.mr2 reckons great futures in county shirts for the beaten team.johnnies going  for mfc treble and hold u21 fc.going for mhc treble and hold u21hc and yet year after year we are under-represented in the county teams-we must just be a very lucky team.conor johnston was the games outstanding player  the other night and it wasnt even close.donal nugent  is 16 years old and  controls centre half like a veteran ,if you are looking for future stars i think you may be looking in the wrong direction.

NAG1

Quote from: jftj on August 22, 2013, 02:26:44 PM
unbelievable how these johhnies youngsters are overlooked.mr2 reckons great futures in county shirts for the beaten team.johnnies going  for mfc treble and hold u21 fc.going for mhc treble and hold u21hc and yet year after year we are under-represented in the county teams-we must just be a very lucky team.conor johnston was the games outstanding player  the other night and it wasnt even close.donal nugent  is 16 years old and  controls centre half like a veteran ,if you are looking for future stars i think you may be looking in the wrong direction.

And the point is?

jftj

yeah i think rossa and ourselves are in the same boat.kids these days usually pick one or the other after minor which i believe is stupid and lazy.Only if you make senior county should you be thinking of giving up a sport which youve played all your life.many of these kids are equally as talented at both.conor johnston and james connolly had great games the other night but its anyones guess how much senior football they will play.

jftj

Quote from: NAG1 on August 22, 2013, 03:03:15 PM

And the point is?
the point is the point that was made

NAG1

Quote from: jftj on August 22, 2013, 05:22:49 PM

And the point is?

Are you saying there is some bias?

theskull1

Quote from: jftj on August 22, 2013, 05:17:41 PM
yeah i think rossa and ourselves are in the same boat.kids these days usually pick one or the other after minor which i believe is stupid and lazy.

If a club trains twice a week in both codes and both managers demand attendance at every session then playing dual places too much pressure on the player both physically and mentally. With a bit of common sense it could still be done but many would argue that it would be hard/impossible to compete for honours if you split training 50/50.

*common sense between the hurling and football fraternity is probably asking to much

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

jftj

Quote from: theskull1 on August 23, 2013, 02:22:05 PM
Quote from: jftj on August 22, 2013, 05:17:41 PM
yeah i think rossa and ourselves are in the same boat.kids these days usually pick one or the other after minor which i believe is stupid and lazy.

If a club trains twice a week in both codes and both managers demand attendance at every session then playing dual places too much pressure on the player both physically and mentally. With a bit of common sense it could still be done but many would argue that it would be hard/impossible to compete for honours if you split training 50/50.

*common sense between the hurling and football fraternity is probably asking to much
yeah thats the problem .2 hurling and 1 football session per week and vice versa should be easily managed which means the dual player only does 1 extra session per week.if the kid is good enough the respective managers should be happy enough with that.a lot of these talented kids are not prepared to give this[though they maybe lift weights 3 times per week]

jftj

Quote from: NAG1 on August 23, 2013, 08:30:55 AM

And the point is?

Are you saying there is some bias?yes almost all antrim managers and selectors  at all age groups put boys from their own club  on these panels instead of the best players.one of a list of reasons why antrim continue to dissapoint.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: jftj on August 24, 2013, 07:41:15 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on August 23, 2013, 08:30:55 AM

And the point is?

Are you saying there is some bias?yes almost all antrim managers and selectors  at all age groups put boys from their own club  on these panels instead of the best players.one of a list of reasons why antrim continue to dissapoint.

I was just giving my view, I thought the Rossa lads were a slicker team, and for most parts the better team. Rossa managed to stop playing and allow the Johnnies to score goals at will.

The lads you have mentioned are very good  and they have had some  great underage success recently. The problem is that when these lads reach senior for what ever reason they stop playing.

qubdub

Any updates on tonight's games?