Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArfurFoxAche

Quote from: jdyok on July 18, 2013, 10:50:07 AM
Thanks Culchie11...
Could be interesting for Naomh Gall against the Johnnies.  2 straight reds last night in the league game according to twitter:

'straight reds for Enda McKenna of naomheoinclg and Gallagher of St Galls.'

Enda McKenna for St John's...and Aidan Gallagher for Gall's.  I believe both may have been of the soft variety but straight reds nonetheless...4 week suspension would extend past Aug 11th!  Strength in depth may be enough to cushion the blow for the Milltown men though.

jftj

yeah was at game ref coyler was shocking.2 red cards were very soft.he also gave galls a ridiculous penalty which left even the galls players scratching their heads.gaga will be a big loss for galls as burkeys in america.anyone know if kevin mc gourtys even in training?

manballandall

He was training away last night ;)

jftj

has he kicked any ball this year.havent seen or heard of him at all.

Gold

Quote from: jftj on July 20, 2013, 03:01:03 PM
yeah was at game ref coyler was shocking.2 red cards were very soft.he also gave galls a ridiculous penalty which left even the galls players scratching their heads.gaga will be a big loss for galls as burkeys in america.anyone know if kevin mc gourtys even in training?

Big loss surely, sure look at Antrim v Tipp last year without him.

But Galls have big O'Hare and few others well fit to play midfield. McGourty will play and Kelly, A McClean etc could all play there and not look out of place.
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

culchie11

Championship fixtures are now up on county website fixtures section just go under football and then championship, it's only 1st round of fixtures but hey at least there up!!

Quarter finals are weekend of 24th/25th August.

Semis are weekend of 7th/8th sept

SFC final is sat 28th sept.

IFC/JFC finals are both 6th oct.

James Gatz

No real talk on here about the senior management for the footballers next season, I saw there the county board have asked the clubs for nominations. Who will be put forward? Adams, Harbinson? Anyone else?
A name that I haven't heard mentioned at all, and who I think would fit the bill perfectly, is Peter Canavan, if he would be interested. Took on Fermanagh at their lowest ebb in Division 4 after a disastrous season where many of the key players opted out due to problems with the management (sounds familiar) and got them promoted. From what I can see has all the best players in Fermanagh playing (albeit bar Quigley, who seems beyond management) and seems to have their team extremely fit, well prepared and playing to a solid defensive system. I believe he has done a very good job with them and would have had more joy in the Championship if the players at his disposal were more talented (in saying that beating a Division 1 bound Westmeath away was impressive). Seems to have squeezed the most out of a very limited bunch and should he come to Antrim I would say all the best players in the county would be out playing and he (well, more importantly we) would have much more success.

Milltown Row2

Cargin give us a hammering the other night up there, we've serious injuries and I think we won't get past either Lamhs or Cargin. The Johnnies will fancy their chances also I'd say (they are cocky) Too many miles on the clock I think for us
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Glensman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 05, 2013, 11:22:59 PM
Cargin give us a hammering the other night up there, we've serious injuries and I think we won't get past either Lamhs or Cargin. The Johnnies will fancy their chances also I'd say (they are cocky) Too many miles on the clock I think for us

Who are the serious injuries??

That time of year again...

Milltown Row2

We've lads away and boys only coming back from injury, we haven't strung together a decent run in the league with a regular team also, just saying. Think this will be the most competitive championship in years
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Bookies are rarely wrong MR and you're raging hot favourites. Lamh Dhearg second favourites too strangely.

With Ciaran Close, Gerard O'Boyle, Tomas McCann and MIchael Magill in the Cargin forward line (I see Tony Scullion seems to play there now too) you'd have thought Cargin could mount some sort of challenge but these boys are not exactly new kids on the block and have never done it before.  Hopefully they can at least give you a game this year.

Cargin have done you boys in tghe league many times over the years. Means nothing.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 06, 2013, 09:00:19 AM
Bookies are rarely wrong MR and you're raging hot favourites. Lamh Dhearg second favourites too strangely.

With Ciaran Close, Gerard O'Boyle, Tomas McCann and MIchael Magill in the Cargin forward line (I see Tony Scullion seems to play there now too) you'd have thought Cargin could mount some sort of challenge but these boys are not exactly new kids on the block and have never done it before.  Hopefully they can at least give you a game this year.

Cargin have done you boys in tghe league many times over the years. Means nothing.

I know tommy, and I'm not talking up the other teams, our lads are gunning for another title and probably feel they left something behind in Ulster last year. So they are hungry but the Cargin lads really steam rolled us big time, and not early in the season but just before championship.

The game I'm looking forward to is (if Cargin win their game) Lamh V Cargin should be a cracker

imtommygunn

Lamhs versus Cargin should be interesting. I would expect a few handbags at it too as they seem to have a history.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on August 06, 2013, 09:38:10 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 06, 2013, 09:36:13 AM
Lamhs versus Cargin should be interesting. I would expect a few handbags at it too as they seem to have a history.
Only if Cargin are losing.

Should be X rated lol

tintin25

Folks, I assume Casement wont host any of the football championship finals?

Think all the championships are wide open this year.