Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Well they get Cargin in first round. Will that Cargin great Magill have a field day against that ropey defence?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SambaSaffron

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 19, 2013, 09:28:29 PM
Well they get Cargin in first round. Will that Cargin great Magill have a field day against that ropey defence?
Some irony in a St Galls man talking about transferred players.

jftj

yeah antrim could have done with a ball winner like magill this year.think he cud make the difference in a tight game.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SambaSaffron on June 19, 2013, 10:10:13 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 19, 2013, 09:28:29 PM
Some irony in a St Galls man talking about transferred players.

We are very good at laughing at ourselves, and very aware that it happens, problem is everyone thinks we are the only ones doing it  ;)

Magill is a cracking footballer and worries me as a Galls man that he is playing for Cargin, will be hard to stop when he's on the ball, hopefully we stop that ball going in
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

That was some win for the Rossa reserves the other night over St Gall's.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on June 20, 2013, 10:23:59 PM
That was some win for the Rossa reserves the other night over St Gall's.

our goalkeeper threw the ball into the net in the last second of the game to lose the game ;)

ONeill

I heard Gall's fecked up.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on June 20, 2013, 11:39:43 PM
I heard Gall's fecked up.

Yeah enough to win two games, thats the way it goes. St Teresas V Rossa final, only one winner there then ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on June 21, 2013, 12:24:36 AM
Could be the last ever game in Casement. Quiz goers take note.

Joe Frank Boyle scored the last goal in the real Casement Park.

I'm looking to play in the South Antrim championship this year, so lets wait and see ;)

Fra1971

First post-here goes...

Now that the ridiculousness of the Intercounty season has gone for us Saffrons whats everyones opinions of championship? Hard to see past St Galls for SFC yet again. Cant see Cargins latest addition being enough to change the tide. So unless Lamhs can get their act together its deja vu.

for me the intermediate will be most competitive. Lot of teams in with a squeak.

imtommygunn

Are ahoghill kn the intermediate? If it's all division 2 teams could be tight as very tight at the top. I see portglenone put one over their neighbours.

Relegation in division 1 looks more interesting than the championship. Maybe with a lot less county players cargin will be better this year.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 02, 2013, 10:35:12 PM
Are ahoghill kn the intermediate? If it's all division 2 teams could be tight as very tight at the top. I see portglenone put one over their neighbours.

Relegation in division 1 looks more interesting than the championship. Maybe with a lot less county players cargin will be better this year.

With Antrim usually out before July I don't that as a reason for Cargin winning the championship, be more worried with Lamhs concentrating on football this year both club and county it will most defo bring them on. Their game against each other should be a cracker

imtommygunn

I'd expect a fair bit of needle in it too. Should be interesting. Expect cargin to win but lmh dhearg would probably give you boys a better game.

Fra1971

I think Ahoghill are in the SFC. Still will be a tight competition with portglenone, rasharkin, teresa's, aghagallon and even the likes of Glenravel and St Enda's capable of putting it up to anyone.

any dates fixed yet for 1st rounds? The county admin really take the piss on that guestbook if you ask a question. Pure ignorance.

imtommygunn

The dates must be on the county web-site somewhere but I can't find them.

They used to stick them in admin but they don't seem to be there any more.

I'd expect Portglenone, Rasharkin to be the main contenders in IFC though maybe Ballymena could be in there too as they won it 2 years ago.