Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glens abu

Quote from: bannside on April 18, 2013, 11:04:54 AM
Mark Sweeney back in too according to Antrim Twitter feed. Good stuff!

Was hoping Sean Burke would be involved too, but haven't seen or heard his name mentioned. Waiting patiently now to see what the crack is with the Cargin three! Hopefully good sense prevails. Their inclusion would mean there should be real competition for places, and maybe, just maybe, we could expect to really put it up to Monaghan on home soil.

Could it be possible these players are coming back because the Cargin 3 have gone?

Simon Says

My team for monaghan would be:

1. Chris Kerr
2. Kevin O boyle
3.Andy Mc Lean
4.Ricky Johnston
5.anto healey
6.Justin Crozier
7.Sean Kelly
8. Sean McVeigh
9.Sean Burke???? if we can get him back.
10. Conor Murray
11.Kevin Niblock
12. Brendan Herron
13Paddy Cunningham
14. Michael Pollock
15. Mark Sweeney

I feel with that team with a home crowd we can really have a go at monaghan and turn them over in casement.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: glens abu on April 18, 2013, 11:19:29 AM

Was hoping Sean Burke would be involved too, but haven't seen or heard his name mentioned. Waiting patiently now to see what the crack is with the Cargin three! Hopefully good sense prevails. Their inclusion would mean there should be real competition for places, and maybe, just maybe, we could expect to really put it up to Monaghan on home soil.

Could it be possible these players are coming back because the Cargin 3 have gone?

Seriously? Over the years the playuers form Cargin and Naomh Gall have always played for the county, they may not pass the ball to each other  :o but they have played together. I'm reading something else into this. The players currently there aren't up to the mark and will get turned over at Casement. is this good to have people coming in when all the hard work has been done? Probably not as it will cause division. Bit of a fcuk up if you ask me
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

glens abu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 18, 2013, 11:31:39 AM

Seriously? Over the years the playuers form Cargin and Naomh Gall have always played for the county, they may not pass the ball to each other  :o but they have played together. I'm reading something else into this. The players currently there aren't up to the mark and will get turned over at Casement. is this good to have people coming in when all the hard work has been done? Probably not as it will cause division. Bit of a fcuk up if you ask me

I agree Milltown and know that the two clubs dont get on but was wondering why Kelly esp has come back as every manager has wanted him and he showed no interest.I think its great he is back and just hope we can move forward.

manballandall

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 18, 2013, 11:31:39 AM

Couldnt agree more...this has nothing to do with the cargin 3 apart from the fact that since they have left the squad is a lot weaker and our chances of beating monaghan have considerably decreased so the management was left with no other alternative than to go with cap in hand to make th esquad bigger and stronger. A bit of a fcuk up indeed but this is neither the galls players or the cargins players fault.

Gold

Brilliant that Karl's there. One of the few natural forwards we have. Can take a free too and is nerveless.

Kel is a great plus. Fair fucks to them
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

ONeill

Saw Yash Armstrong sprinting down the Stewartstown Road today. Recall?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on April 18, 2013, 10:48:01 PM
Saw Yash Armstrong sprinting down the Stewartstown Road today. Recall?

Well he couldn't play any worse than whats been on show lately that's for sure
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

oakleafgael

Quote from: manballandall on April 09, 2013, 12:22:16 PM
Quote from: glens abu on April 09, 2013, 09:13:30 AM
Quote from: Simon Says on April 09, 2013, 08:55:38 AM
My worst fears have been confirmed  :-[ back page of todays irish news.

What is it with these Antrim players and egos,its not that them have any great reason to have them.Nightmare, the sad part is Dawson has not a lot to replace them with but he should stand his ground and tell them all to feck off, join McGourty in the Rock bar and shite talk about how great they could have been.
Glens you would be well getting your facts straight before spouting your mouth off....truth be told Kevin mc gourty will never play for the county again and would be lucky to play for the club again. Has been advised not to or else face life in a wheel chair. Actually he was advised to not even play again a few years back but did so. There is a lot more goes on in peoples lives that you/we are not aware of and probably have no right to be informed off so maybe you should be a bit more careful about spouting your mouth off before known the true facts

I see Kevin is ignoring the medical advice and looking for a recall to the county panel. It must have been a quiet week on the news front, first they ring Bradley and then McGourty, neither ever let them down.

Simon Says

Totally agree gold, massive lift for us hardened supporters. Will mc gourty be back?

glens abu

Quote from: oakleafgael on April 19, 2013, 08:16:53 AM
Quote from: manballandall on April 09, 2013, 12:22:16 PM
Quote from: glens abu on April 09, 2013, 09:13:30 AM
Quote from: Simon Says on April 09, 2013, 08:55:38 AM
My worst fears have been confirmed  :-[ back page of todays irish news.

What is it with these Antrim players and egos,its not that them have any great reason to have them.Nightmare, the sad part is Dawson has not a lot to replace them with but he should stand his ground and tell them all to feck off, join McGourty in the Rock bar and shite talk about how great they could have been.
Glens you would be well getting your facts straight before spouting your mouth off....truth be told Kevin mc gourty will never play for the county again and would be lucky to play for the club again. Has been advised not to or else face life in a wheel chair. Actually he was advised to not even play again a few years back but did so. There is a lot more goes on in peoples lives that you/we are not aware of and probably have no right to be informed off so maybe you should be a bit more careful about spouting your mouth off before known the true facts

I see Kevin is ignoring the medical advice and looking for a recall to the county panel. It must have been a quiet week on the news front, first they ring Bradley and then McGourty, neither ever let them down.

;D ;DWhat an clown,a man who was nearly in a wheelchair according to manballandall,they should start another county team for all these egos and they can fight with one another after they tell themselves how great they are. :-[

manballandall

Eejit of the highest order...only kevin knows what goes on in that head of his...or does he?

NAG1

Quote from: manballandall on April 19, 2013, 11:38:51 AM
Eejit of the highest order...only kevin knows what goes on in that head of his...or does he?

Nothing like creating a story just to say yes I do want to play county football. Total Joke.

Saffrongael

Quote from: NAG1 on April 19, 2013, 12:34:23 PM
Quote from: manballandall on April 19, 2013, 11:38:51 AM

Nothing like creating a story just to say yes I do want to play county football. Total Joke.

Breathtaking arrogance from him as usual, basically a made up story to get him in the paper. He refuted rumours that he is back with Antrim, what rumours ? He said "the ball is very much in Frank Dawsons court". He must live in a parallel universe.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

bannside

If KMG or FD were really interested in making this happen, it would have happened already. If I am not mistaken did Kevin not come out and make some negative sounds about FD`s appointment in the first place? If so I would be very surprised to see a reconciliation at this stage. Run with the fox or hunt with the hounds - but its very hard to get away with both!

But I wouldn't rush to put all the blame on this on Kevin. Chances are he was rang up by a sports reporter from the Irish News and asked for a minute of his time, and a few general questions ended up in a big story that involved KMG face on the very front page of the IN. Good chance there is a lot of opportunist journalism going on here. I would have my doubts that KMG instigated that item. But when he took the call and answered a few general questions he was always going to be screwed over.

If Kevin had said "No, I have no interest whatsoever in playing for either Antrim or Frank Dawson"  - it would likely as not have been turned into an even bigger big story too.  Damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

Is he going well with St Galls?