Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Well McCann should be a given somewhere.

I still worry about the lack of a presence in full forward. I think Micky Herron is more a half forward as is Brendan and McCann is a midfielder really.

Hopefully Magill can get fit and stay fit giving us an option there.

Milltown Row2

With all these Lamhs players doing well on the County team they could push hard for County honours this year.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

When you think of some of the great games Michael has had in recent years I can see how you think he is a given ITG. I cant see a teamsheet without his name on it somewhere, but not all managers see the same thing or want the same thing.

He has looked a bit frustrated recently, and had his head in his hands again several times last night, talking to the referee etc. Its obvious he`s not happy with something, but class rises and Mick will too. When he is on top of his game he is class to watch, but its good to see others stepping up into the leadership mantle too, and that can only be good for Antrim football.

MR2, no doubt the Lamhs have enough firepower now to be a major threat, and their new 4G pitch means they can go full pelt in training all the year round. Between the County senior & U-21 panel there must be at least a dozen Lamhs involved!! Must count for something!

Rasharkin Gael

County Antrim Post has a short video of the Derry game on Fbook. Who was the eejit who tried to volley the ball into the Derry net and fell on his backside?

manballandall

Aye I'll be having a wee wager on the lambs this year. Can't keep class down for too long. However, and no offence intended, micko is and never will be a county footballer. He wouldn't get on our club team.

bannside

I know that a discussion forum is all about opinions but the downside of them is that anonymous people get a free crack at running others down. I know I have too in the past, but it is cheap when you think of it.

Micko was probably the best player of his age group and was county minor football captain in his time.. I recall him being stand out in a few games and many taking part in those games have gone on to become household names. I think a few months concentrating again on the big ball will bring his game on again and he should go close to a jersey later in the year.

I think that with Paul Doc, Micko and Sean Mc Veigh all back in (same year group too 1985) and Brendan herron too, we have added physicality to our game that has been missing in the past.

Not saying they will all start come c`ship, but great to have them all back in the mix!

Glensman

Links to highlights of Antrim's McKenna cup games? Didn't make the Derry one.

manballandall

A free crack. My opinion doesn't agree with yours son its a cheap shot? . I don't rate him as a footballer from what I have seen him playing the past few years. Apologies to all for stating my opinion.

Rasharkin Gael

Quote from: manballandall on January 18, 2013, 02:50:57 PM
A free crack. My opinion doesn't agree with yours son its a cheap shot? . I don't rate him as a footballer from what I have seen him playing the past few years. Apologies to all for stating my opinion.

Can't see anything wrong with MAB stating his opinion and i wouldn't call it a cheap shot as he wasn't insulting or defamatory towards Micko just said his opinion. I don't agree with MAB's opinion of Micko, but have to say he has underachieved since showing great promise as an underage player.   
Ulster League fixtures out today, not many Antrim clubs took up the invite. We have a bit of a trek away in the first game to Malin, not looking forward to that, but i will be delighted to see senior football back at Dreen this year.

Glensman

Rasharkin Gael

Bit of afters in Celtic Park the other night. GOK has a very sore jaw!

manballandall

Leaving us hanging there RG. Care to elaborate?

Rasharkin Gael

Jc put some manners into the glenullin man after the game. Gok spouting at him and jc put him down.