Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bit of banter on November 22, 2012, 02:19:00 PM
:) yes St malachys are doing well. We had a great manager last year and are confident he will stay this year also, he had his work cut out trying to get the guys to buy into the work ethic and training but the guys who did are hoping seamy stays this year so we can improve and hopefully get promoted . we had a great run in the beringer cup beating some highly fancied teams including st galls but our league form was not as good for a variety of reasons and yes soccer was one of them but we still do our best with what we have. If a St Malachys player had tweeted the message the Lamh Dhearg player had would it have been taken so seriously. I don't think it would. As for St Galls not getting tough matches in the antrim championship i think that's wrong, i seen the match with Lamh Dhearg and it was a great game possibly the game of the championship and St Galls experience saw them over the line against a very youthful Lamh dhearg side. i would have fancied Lamh Dhearg to have beaten Tempo in ulster if they had won Antrim so i think Antrim club championship is as strong as any in Ulster.

St Malachy's would have beaten Tempo ffs! If the lads from St Malachy's buy into Seamy's work ethic they'll do great.

Lamhs don't believe they can beat us, as do the Johnnies. When we were winning underage titles our seniors were winning senior titles, a lot of the players from those good juvenile (minor, under 21) teams don't even play anymore and they were as good as the Johnny and Lamhs players. No guarantee that they will be able to take that to senior, Lamhs good minor team was beaten in the under 21 championship so they have fallen back already, not good form.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manballandall

Quote from: bit of banter on November 22, 2012, 02:19:00 PM
:) yes St malachys are doing well. We had a great manager last year and are confident he will stay this year also, he had his work cut out trying to get the guys to buy into the work ethic and training but the guys who did are hoping seamy stays this year so we can improve and hopefully get promoted . we had a great run in the beringer cup beating some highly fancied teams including st galls but our league form was not as good for a variety of reasons and yes soccer was one of them but we still do our best with what we have. If a St Malachys player had tweeted the message the Lamh Dhearg player had would it have been taken so seriously. I don't think it would. As for St Galls not getting tough matches in the antrim championship i think that's wrong, i seen the match with Lamh Dhearg and it was a great game possibly the game of the championship and St Galls experience saw them over the line against a very youthful Lamh dhearg side. i would have fancied Lamh Dhearg to have beaten Tempo in ulster if they had won Antrim so i think Antrim club championship is as strong as any in Ulster.

No, you're messing . Right ?

DearyMe

Who would get on Gall's team?
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: DearyMe on November 22, 2012, 03:06:33 PM
Who would get on Gall's team?

Brendan Herron is a decent club footballer, what position?  we could have done with a FF on sunday he could have played there
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manballandall

Brendan isnt the player he was a few years back when he was good for antrim around midfield.

bit of banter

i never said St Malachys would beat Tempo i said Lamh Dhearg would and i may also point out that Lamh Dhearg minors that won ulster dont reach u21 until next year. I haven't heard any talk of St Galls minors or u21s competing strongly for a few years now in fact the talk is that at last weeks minor football league final which St Johns won easily the St Galls minor management left the field before the match ended using the excuse he had to go to senior training. could the lack of underage success and i mean u16-minor within St Galls be leading to other teams hoping they could finally win a senior championship, St Galls players have a lot of miles on their clocks and they haven't got the replacements coming through. St Galls have had a run in antrim that will never be replicated in our time but all good things must come to an end.

Rossa_SMacM

Quote from: bit of banter on November 22, 2012, 05:11:40 PM
i never said St Malachys would beat Tempo i said Lamh Dhearg would and i may also point out that Lamh Dhearg minors that won ulster dont reach u21 until next year. I haven't heard any talk of St Galls minors or u21s competing strongly for a few years now in fact the talk is that at last weeks minor football league final which St Johns won easily the St Galls minor management left the field before the match ended using the excuse he had to go to senior training. could the lack of underage success and i mean u16-minor within St Galls be leading to other teams hoping they could finally win a senior championship, St Galls players have a lot of miles on their clocks and they haven't got the replacements coming through. St Galls have had a run in antrim that will never be replicated in our time but all good things must come to an end.

What on earth makes you think St Galls are at an end? No harm but you sound a bit like those lamh dearg posters.

bit of banter

Well their players ain't getting any younger and other clubs have had some well publicised success at a variety of levels like St Johns who's minors and u21s look to be cleaning up Lamh Dhearg who's minors won ulster even Rossa who's u16s won the Paul MC Girr i mean these clubs are achieving great success with these teams yet no sign of St Galls at these levels. St Galls will be about for another few years i have no doubt but is it not logical that one of these other clubs may be antrim senior champions very soon. I remember St Galls dominating u21 and minor and it was with the group of players that have now won 10/11 senior championships. y is it not realistic that someone might knock them off the top of the tree.
(just to be clear I'm not from Lamh Dhearg )

manballandall

You get 2/3 players from minor capable of playing senior every year and you are doing well. There is a massive difference between a good minor and a good senior. The good minors coming through st galls may not be as many as some clubs but those minors are getting plenty of experience and broke in well by those players who have plenty of mileage on the clocks. Can the good minors in other clubs be sure of the same? . Ummm. Time will tell I guess but no panic in milltown just yet

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bit of banter on November 22, 2012, 05:11:40 PM

So are you saying that underage success means senior championship? St Johns have been winning a fair amount of underage championships Lamhs have had one good team lately and you actually think they will bring senior success? The good Lamhs players are the age of the lads from Naomh Gall.

If St Johns played to win matches instead of trying to take players heads of during the match then they might also have a chance. Here's the thing about the lads down Milltown Row, born winners and they will blatter away till their mid thirties without a thought of packing it in.

I hope we keep going for a while yet as I know that there is a serious drive at producing another batch of winners.

ONeill

Your man behind the Antrim GAA twitter account - is he a young lad?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on November 22, 2012, 10:18:36 PM
Your man behind the Antrim GAA twitter account - is he a young lad?

The official Club Aontroma one ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Sorry - my fault - I was reading the @GAAAntrim account and couldn't believe they'd sanction that!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gold

Quote from: manballandall on November 22, 2012, 07:44:41 PM
You get 2/3 players from minor capable of playing senior every year and you are doing well. There is a massive difference between a good minor and a good senior. The good minors coming through st galls may not be as many as some clubs but those minors are getting plenty of experience and broke in well by those players who have plenty of mileage on the clocks. Can the good minors in other clubs be sure of the same? . Ummm. Time will tell I guess but no panic in milltown just yet

What good minors? Our minor team scored 3 points v Monaghan, not scorin In second half.

Awful standard.

Galls won about six u21 titles in a row. Yes those players are nearin 30 but they've 5 yrs left. They were caught by kilcoo by a lucky goal and in game in which they'd enough chances to win three.

The underage teams comin through at other teams don't excite me like gall's teams did
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

manballandall

No, galls reign has finished. Get your money on lambs to win ulster next year :). A great film springs to mind. Silence of the lambs:)