Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aontroim

Quote from: Rasharkin Gael on February 18, 2012, 05:25:24 PM
O'cahan cup kicks off on Sunday week. Very early start to the season this year, I can see a few of the first round games falling foul of the weather unless it improves this week. St endas compete in this and all the s.w. Antrim underage competitions, anyone know why?

I'm sure Last Man can confirm, but I think the reason was that they thought they'd be better served competing in SW (football) and NA (hurling) and so pulled out of South Antrim competitions.  Hard to argue against that decision judging by the results they have acheived in both codes in the last few years at juvenile level.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: aontroim on February 18, 2012, 07:53:30 PM
O'cahan cup kicks off on Sunday week. Very early start to the season this year, I can see a few of the first round games falling foul of the weather unless it improves this week. St endas compete in this and all the s.w. Antrim underage competitions, anyone know why?

I'm sure Last Man can confirm, but I think the reason was that they thought they'd be better served competing in SW (football) and NA (hurling) and so pulled out of South Antrim competitions.  Hard to argue against that decision judging by the results they have acheived in both codes in the last few years at juvenile level.

Trying to bring that 'success' at juvenile level into senior is the the trick.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 18, 2012, 09:33:33 PM

Trying to bring that 'success' at juvenile level into senior is the the trick.

As Loughgiel know all too well, oh right......... 8)
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Ya need to have a steady div 1 team for these good players to play on, Loughgiel had that St Enda's don't.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

playwiththewind1st

I think that was about the long & the short of it.

Last Man

Yes lads we moved to leagues that were better run that included clubs who shared our idea of juvenile development at that particular time. I would say things have improved a lot in SA in the last few years but we will stay where we are.
Sadly I have to agree with Milltown in that senior success for us is going to be a slog as its a massive ask for young fellas to turn things around.

Gold

Quote from: Last Man on February 23, 2012, 10:45:32 AM
Yes lads we moved to leagues that were better run that included clubs who shared our idea of juvenile development at that particular time. I would say things have improved a lot in SA in the last few years but we will stay where we are.
Sadly I have to agree with Milltown in that senior success for us is going to be a slog as its a massive ask for young fellas to turn things around.

What's the story with North Belfast fellas being soccer obsessed? Why are they so?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Last Man

Quote from: Gold on February 23, 2012, 07:05:48 PM

What's the story with North Belfast fellas being soccer obsessed? Why are they so?
With the mighty Reds on your doorstep its hard to overlook the "beautiful game" ;D

AQMP

Spidermen ;)

ONeill

I hear an Omagh man got the Gall's job.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Last Man

Quote from: AQMP on February 24, 2012, 09:19:24 AM

Spidermen ;)
;D The Spides will not be so happy tonight anyway

Milltown Row2

We got Lamhs in the first round ;D

Magicsponge

St Galls V Lamh Dhearg
Creggan V Moneglass
Ballymena V Cargin
St Brigids V St Pauls
Rossa V St Johns

Ahoghill V St Brigids/St Pauls
Rasharkin V Ballymena/Cargin

thats the draw as far as I can tell

aontroim

Quote from: Magicsponge on February 27, 2012, 11:02:29 PM
St Galls V Lamh Dhearg
Creggan V Moneglass
Ballymena V Cargin
St Brigids V St Pauls

thats the draw as far as I can tell

Quarters:
1 - Ballymena/Cargin v Rasharkin
2- Rossa V St Johns
3- St Galls/Lamh Dhearg v Creggan/Moneyglass
4- St Brigids/St Pauls v Ahoghill

Semis:
2 v 4
1 v 3

St. Galls, Cargin & Lamh Dhearg all on one side of the draw.