Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicsponge

I doubt all sides had their fair fair share of sinners. By the sounds of it Rasharkin had more than their fair share. I think you should own up to what your club mates have done and maybe show some remorse about the incident.

Good post RG, Your post proves that we shouldn't tar you all with the same brush. Do you think punishing the whole club, good people and all, will make the bad ones wise up and maybe act a bit more sensibly? It will be harsh on the good people in the club, who would never do this, but unfortunately it has to be done

NAG1

Think you will find the hooligan element will revert back to the soccer for the winter and wont take a fizz out of them while the real Gaels are the ones to suffer.

Enough

He wasnt in any mob he was making his way to the changing rooms and attacked. If you had been there you would know this, the young fella is cut to bits about it many people in our club know the fella well and i 100% can say he is no more a mobster than we are Dutch men! NAG1 i agree with parts of my club mates post but i WILL continue to post every bit of the truth here! Yes a referee being struck is a serious thing and yes the people in all parties involved in any scenes at our GAA games need punished. Are you all so narrow minded that you cant see Rasharkin people had suffered to the two fellas spent their nights in Coleraine A&E as a result of Saturday. Magicsponcge cant you get your thick head around the fact that the truth harms all parties yes Rasharkin my have done more than others. But i will tell you again Rasharkin Lamh Dhearg RM and OE have alot to answer for. I was speaking to a fella from Dunloy (no love lost between Our club and theirs) who was at the game. He wittnessed the attack on the fella with the broken nose and has said he will be putting what he seen in writting and sending it to the CCC. Nag many of these 'Gaels' play soccer so that comment is totally irrelevant

Magicsponge

Enough, I never said that I believed RM or Lamh Dhearg did nothing wrong (I don't know if they did or they didn't), I just said Rasharkin seemed to have instigated most of the trouble, earlier I conceded that most what has been said has probably been exaggerated to the detriment of Rasharkin and your point about bricks was valid as people were unlikely to bring bricks with them and I can't see many just being left lying around!
I still think that, given the fact that clubs have lost the use of their pitch due to verbal abuse, that Rasharkin will severley punished and rightly so. I don't know if RM or Lamh Dhearg should be punished as well, maybe they should if it turns out that the aren't saints in this.

Milltown Row2

Has rashakin got in touch with Ray to apologise ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

takeyourpoint

And I  suppose the three or four carloads of Rasharkin supporters who parked down the road were merely waiting to apologise the referee.F******g bullshit!!

Enough

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 03, 2011, 03:13:15 PM

Has Ray got in touch with the player he struck! And yes im told Rasharkin have been In touch with Ray

Enough

Quote from: takeyourpoint on November 03, 2011, 03:51:49 PM
And I  suppose the three or four carloads of Rasharkin supporters who parked down the road were merely waiting to apologise the referee.F******g bullshit!!

Yet an other rumor that you wish to believe in! Come down off you high horse and stop talking rubbish

Enough

Quote from: Magicsponge on November 03, 2011, 02:40:45 PM
Enough, I never said that I believed RM or Lamh Dhearg did nothing wrong (I don't know if they did or they didn't), I just said Rasharkin seemed to have instigated most of the trouble, earlier I conceded that most what has been said has probably been exaggerated to the detriment of Rasharkin and your point about bricks was valid as people were unlikely to bring bricks with them and I can't see many just being left lying around!
I still think that, given the fact that clubs have lost the use of their pitch due to verbal abuse, that Rasharkin will severley punished and rightly so. I don't know if RM or Lamh Dhearg should be punished as well, maybe they should if it turns out that the aren't saints in this.

As i have said what happend on Saturday has brought a dark cloud not only over Rasharkin but also the GAA. I the 30 to 40 seconds of madness what happened the whole thing has been blew out of context. But yes each party involved needs to ask serious questions on themselfs. And whom ever has been involved in any actions not matter it against players linesmen referees or even supporters on both side need to be stongly punished.

Magicsponge

Can I ask, what exactly did Lamh Dhearg do wrong here, bar hitting a player with an umbrella? And what on earth were players doing in the middle of this mob, I'm assuming he wasn't hit in the middle of the pitch

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Enough on November 03, 2011, 04:07:37 PM

Has Ray got in touch with the player he struck! And yes im told Rasharkin have been In touch with Ray

listen lad, stop talking white please.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Enough

Quote from: Magicsponge on November 03, 2011, 04:23:21 PM
Can I ask, what exactly did Lamh Dhearg do wrong here, bar hitting a player with an umbrella? And what on earth were players doing in the middle of this mob, I'm assuming he wasn't hit in the middle of the pitch

There was a Rasharkin player who suffered a broken nose now no umbrella broke his nose he has told the club he was kicked and punched untill a member of Ballymena got this crowd off him and i know 100% that fighting isnt this fellas thing. The player wasnt in the middle of any mob as i have already pointed out. He went to get his car keys off his mother and was attacked. Can this be justified?

Enough

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 03, 2011, 04:30:18 PM

No Milltown i wont. The club has been in touch with Ray. Yet the fella still hasnt heard a word from Ray, surely Ray will be man enough!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Enough on November 03, 2011, 04:33:55 PM

No Milltown i wont. The club has been in touch with Ray. Yet the fella still hasnt heard a word from Ray, surely Ray will be man enough.

Man

man enough!! Keep digging fella. You've been told wrong

Applesisapples

Quote from: Enough on November 03, 2011, 04:33:55 PM

No Milltown i wont. The club has been in touch with Ray. Yet the fella still hasnt heard a word from Ray, surely Ray will be man enough!
You really are making a mug of yourself. Can you expect us to believe that Ray Mathews walking of the pitch decided to start a fight by punching a Rhasarkin player just for the hell of it? If the player approached Ray why? And why in the middle of a crowd of irrate supporters? Or is this mob a myth as well? If Ray Mathews struck someone whilst defending himself he has nothing to apologise for. If we believe your version then the headlines would have read "Ref attacks players and supporters". I am glad RG has posted here to show us that not all Rasharkin Gaels think attacking a referee is justified in anyway.