Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpower

Terrible news. knew sean paul fairly well, really decent lad, good footballer and a more than handy hurler when he wanted to be.

Deepest sympathy to his family, friends and all at Con Magees
What happens next????

nrico2006

Very surreal indeed.  I remember Sean Paul from his stint in Coleraine, he was leaving when I was starting.  When I heard others were in the car, I had a bad feekling it would be McKinley or O'Loan as they all mucked about together along with Niall Higgins.  Any word on McKinleys situation.  Who else was invloved?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

brokencrossbar1

Kieran is serious but stable.  He has two broken legs, a broken arm, bashed ribs and bad cuts on his face.  Mrs BC and her sister were talking to him in the hospital yesterday and he was in serious shock.  There was a young girl. I can't remeber her name who is serious, haven't heard any news today so hopefully that is a good sign.  The driver was also hur but not as serious.

This is the second time in recent years Kieran has had a bad accident on that stretch of road.  The terrible thing is it was only a few hundred yards from Shaun Pauls house when it happened and he would have been home.

nrico2006

Poor Kieran, I remember he had the leg broke a few summers ago when the marquee was up.  Good that he's stable, lucky to be alive, injuries sound horrific..  I only got a message frm him on bebo last week about his xmas plans, crazy to think what has happened. The tributes are pouring into SPOH's account.  Very very sad!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Guillem2

RIP. I hope all those injured make full recoveries.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

SlimShady

Horrible blow for Glenravel and the community with the loss of a top footballer and a top chap.

May God give his family and friends the strength to pull through this testing time.

youbetterbelieveit

lads just a quick question, who are the main hurling/football dual clubs in Belfast?

ThatsTheFootball

Antrim team v Down in McKenna Cup this sunday

McGreevy
damien gault
colin brady
Laurence ? (st pauls)
sean mcveigh
gavin bell
AN Other
joe quinn
darryl martin
aidso gallacher
mick mccann
eoin o neill
micky rea
ciaran close- captain
paul close

heard this team announced at training last nite. forget who wing back is and not sure the corner backs surname.tony scullion and kevin brady away skiing. the forward line has a bit of potential but i would worry aout the defence.
what do people think?

ThatsTheFootball

main dual clubs in belfast would be st pauls, rossa, st galls, st johns

Guillem2

Rossa, St Gall's, St John's, Gortnamona, St Paul's. Take your pick. It depends on the standard you are looking for.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

SlimShady

Wee Closie at Full Forward?!  :o

don't believe that though if its true is a big mistake imho.

Maximus Marillius

Slimyer back at work then? Playing Close at FF in the Mc Kenna Cup is not bid mistake FFS

SlimShady

and you'd know Max!  :D

Closie aint a Full Forward, maybe thats where he could end his playing days but at the minute he needs to be on the wing or in the corner.

Maximus Marillius

I dont disagree, but my point that in the MC KENNA CUP, its not a big mistake, particularly if he is given a roving role. :-\

ThatsTheFootball

i agree with slim. close aint a full forward. i think if brady was available he would be playing there with close in the corner. will be interesting to c how mickey rea fares out. dont no much about him