Connacht Club Championships 2018

Started by Owenmoresider, September 24, 2018, 12:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: larryin89 on November 18, 2018, 08:13:57 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 18, 2018, 07:59:46 PM
Best of luck to Easkey and An Spidéal in the all Ireland series. I don't know about others, but I cheer on Mayo clubs when they go through, then the Connacht club teams in the AI series.
+1

Do ya think tubber have any hope Farr?

Complacency on the part of Corofin maybe,. I'd imagine they won't be as shambolic as Clann though either. I did expect them to reach this stage anyway. They'll also be more familiar with MacHale Park, but it's hard to see them win tbh.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 18, 2018, 09:08:12 PM
Quote from: Orchard park on November 18, 2018, 08:46:39 PM
Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on November 18, 2018, 07:22:44 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 18, 2018, 06:32:02 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 18, 2018, 06:17:45 PM
Ahhhh the Duffys. ...... ::)
I suppose one consolation Anthony Cunningham will have no club complications when putting his panel together.
and probably a happy man after his club St Thomas won the county title today.
They won it handy too and will probably have a good rattle at the club All Ireland too. A team that are very easy on the eye when they start motoring.

Coached  by TJ Ryan....... jaysus they had to go a long way to get the young Jap.

Good side in fairness

Twas funny today. Louis Mulqueen a Clare man and TJ Ryan a Limerick man were squaring up to each other on the sidelines of the Galway county final.
There is a bit of history there by all accounts!!  In fairness to Thomas' they recognized that they needed to freshen things up so John Burke stepped aside - he had taken a lot of that squad through from underage anyway to a senior AI club.  He's not resting on his laurels either as he's coached Oranmore to the Intermediate title this year - they won't be out of place in senior next year either!

Syferus

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on November 18, 2018, 09:15:11 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 18, 2018, 09:08:12 PM
Quote from: Orchard park on November 18, 2018, 08:46:39 PM
Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on November 18, 2018, 07:22:44 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 18, 2018, 06:32:02 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 18, 2018, 06:17:45 PM
Ahhhh the Duffys. ...... ::)
I suppose one consolation Anthony Cunningham will have no club complications when putting his panel together.
and probably a happy man after his club St Thomas won the county title today.
They won it handy too and will probably have a good rattle at the club All Ireland too. A team that are very easy on the eye when they start motoring.

Coached  by TJ Ryan....... jaysus they had to go a long way to get the young Jap.

Good side in fairness

Twas funny today. Louis Mulqueen a Clare man and TJ Ryan a Limerick man were squaring up to each other on the sidelines of the Galway county final.
There is a bit of history there by all accounts!!  In fairness to Thomas' they recognized that they needed to freshen things up so John Burke stepped aside - he had taken a lot of that squad through from underage anyway to a senior AI club.  He's not resting on his laurels either as he's coached Oranmore to the Intermediate title this year - they won't be out of place in senior next year either!

Hopefully Tooreen put some manners on them.

seafoid

Good day for the Gaeltacht yesterday with an Spidéal agus Gaoth Dóbhair putting smacht on the Béarlóiri.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Cunny Funt

Connacht IHC Club Final result.  Tooreen 1-15  MareeOran 1-20. Tooreen finished the game with 13 men. Niall Burke man of the match for striking 1-10 of his sides 1-20.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 24, 2018, 03:21:13 PM
Connacht IHC Club Final result.  Tooreen 1-15  MareeOran 1-20. Tooreen finished the game with 13 men. Niall Burke man of the match for striking 1-10 of his sides 1-20.

They play us in the semis, be a bridge too far for us and maybe Galway will get their first Intermediate all Ireland champions at hurling..we'll give it a lash but Burke should get them over the line, unlucky Tooreen, battled hard with 13 men and lost one of their better players during the game through injury.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

larryin89

Good luck to tubber today . Dry cold day here in castlebar. Looking forward to this one ,travelled down to it , it seems it's a massive ask re the odds and general opinion . Cillian not 100% at all either from what I'm hearing . I just have a feeling ballintubber have another gear in them in relation to their last two outings . Diarmuid will need to have a massive game .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Blowitupref

18 mins played. The contenders putting it up to the champions. Ballintubber 0-04 Corofin 0-01
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Lundy goal great finish Corofin take the lead for the 1st time in the game. 25 mins played Ballintubber 0-04 Corofin 1-02
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

1-1 in a matter of minutes for Ballintubber.  Ballintubber 1-5 Corofin 1-2 

Blowitupref

HT Ballintubber 1-5 Corofin 1-2. The underdogs with a deserved half time lead.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GalwayBayBoy

I'd say Ballintubber have got most of their scores direct from Corofin's kickouts which have been dreadful. They are funneling back nearly all their players then when defending and not giving away any stupid free kicks. It's not rocket science but it's what you have to do against Corofin. Corofin themselves oddly lax today. Committing some very basic errors that you don't usually see from them.

Cunny Funt

Ballintubber in 60 mins only scored 0-6 v Tourlestrane and today they have scored 1-5 in the 1st half v Corofin. While Corofin got a cricket score v Clann na nGael and today just 3 scores in the 1st half. Football a funny old game.

Blowitupref

Good start to the 2nd half for Corofin, sides are level. Ballintubber 1-5 Corofin 1-5 37 mins played. Ian Burke on for Corofin now.