Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: WaterBoy on April 17, 2015, 04:29:34 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 16, 2015, 03:04:18 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on April 16, 2015, 02:20:47 PM
Quote from: ck on April 16, 2015, 02:13:08 PM
Quote from: trileacman on April 13, 2015, 10:29:45 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on April 13, 2015, 09:09:39 PM
By the way I'd view speeding as worse than using illegal diesel.

Great point. I speed excessively and frequently and it's a terrible thing to be doing but hard to break the habit. People go on about drink-driving being a horrible thing to do but speeding probably causes more deaths per year than DD.

Would very much agree. Some would class a law breaker as a law breaker, others would see a hierarchy. Personally I would sleep better after filling the car with green diesel rather than pick pocketing someone.

I find it hard to understand why someone would get so annoyed by someone breaking a diesel law. Virtually all other laws are worse to break

Do you see using green or red diesel as a victimless crime?

What about washed diesel, is it ok or not?

It's not a victimless crime.  If the duty received by the Government from the sale of white diesel was sufficient then they would not have to increase the duty in the annual Budgets.  The more red/green is used the easier it is for the Government to justify placing further onerous taxes on us.  Strange as it may seem but I have never run my car on red even though I have been tempted.  Given the proliferation of dipping bastardos down here it's simply would not be worth the risk as I'm always on the road.  And anyway the level of savings in diesel in the South is so high that it would be pure greed to do otherwise.  I simply take the big yoke to the station and fill her and the 4 jerry cans in 1 run and it would fill the 2 cars in 1 go.  If I compared the price I pay to the price in the local station (albeit owned by money grabbing Down gits :P)  it saves me on average £25 a week for the 2 cars. 

If someone wants to put red in it then run it but it's like everything else actions have consequences so be willing to take them.

So its not right for people to run on the red because the UK Gov miss out on the tax and therefore have to increase the duty....  How much tax are the UK gov getting from the clear diesel you are buying in the south??  :o
Is it legal to fill Jerry cans and bring them up North??

I actually buy it in the north at euro prices at legitmate stations and it's up to them to pay any duty that's due.

Itchy

I'm a bit tight for cash this weekend. My old neighbour used to have a big job so she probably has a pile of cash about the house. No harm done if I sneak in when she is asleep and take a couple hundred, she probably won't miss it. No harm done is there?

Bazil Douglas

Quote from: Itchy on April 17, 2015, 05:47:03 PM
I'm a bit tight for cash this weekend. My old neighbour used to have a big job so she probably has a pile of cash about the house. No harm done if I sneak in when she is asleep and take a couple hundred, she probably won't miss it. No harm done is there?

Naw, as long as ye don't waken her.

andoireabu

If your family were starving would you steal a loaf of bread knowing the bakers would be ok losing it?
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

Itchy

Quote from: andoireabu on April 17, 2015, 09:22:03 PM
If your family were starving would you steal a loaf of bread knowing the bakers would be ok losing it?

I don't think its life or death if the scroungers on here get their diesel or not.

andoireabu

Quote from: Itchy on April 18, 2015, 12:02:41 AM

I don't think its life or death if the scroungers on here get their diesel or not.
Just as it isn't the robbery of an old woman in her sleep.  The OP says he does it to keep his business afloat and to make ends meet. Hardly scrounging when he could easily wrap it up and go on the dole for easy money. If he didn't use the green diesel and his business dies then that has a knock on effect to his family. Can't see how anyone could blame him.
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

redzone

to quote someone else, itchy you are a sad dick

cuconnacht

Quote from: armaghniac on April 11, 2015, 10:21:36 PM
When Mayo win the All Ireland Red/Green diesel will be allowed for a month to celebrate.
No.It`ll be a year and a day.
Back to back;64 years.mandatory!(depending on the end of the world and such)
That concludes the official Mayo government response at this time. ;) ;)

Gonzalo15

Only if you spend it on diesel :D

Wise up man

Itchy

If you need to cheat and avoid tax to keep your business afloat then your business is not viable. Should the rest of us who do pay tax therefore subsidise your business by paying for the shortfall in tax. You boys in the north can't even grasp that basic concept can you?

Itchy

Quote from: redzone on April 18, 2015, 09:07:17 AM

to quote someone else, itchy you are a sad dick

Brilliant contribution, matches your intellect perfectly.

GJL

Quote from: Itchy on April 18, 2015, 02:15:53 PM
If you need to cheat and avoid tax to keep your business afloat then your business is not viable. Should the rest of us who do pay tax therefore subsidise your business by paying for the shortfall in tax. You boys in the north can't even grasp that basic concept can you?

Do people in the south not use farm diesel illegally on the road?

Itchy

Quote from: GJL on April 18, 2015, 05:18:08 PM

A very very small proportion I would say.

muppet

Quote from: GJL on April 18, 2015, 05:18:08 PM

I haven't heard of it in years and years.
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

If they were at it, they probably wouldn't be bragging about it on the internet.