Red/Green Deisel

Started by ck, April 10, 2015, 08:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck

I drive for a living and cross over and back the border every week. I filled with green on occasion and have recently filled with red. I'm always worried about getting caught - what are the chances? Anyone know the score on this? I assume customs will end up with my reg? Are they likely to come knocking on my door?

redzone

How would they get ure reg.are u filling up at the pumps.why dont you get a drum and keep it low key

ck

Yeah fill at the pumps alright. CCTV everywhere. I assume customs check these?
Anyone in the know on this?

armaghniac

The dippers will get you!

Did this new oil marker come on on 1st April? This may interrupt some forms of business.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

redzone

Whats the oil marker.ive heard something about customs going back thru vat returns and people having to pay a few grand back after being dipped.not completley sure on the finer details.prrsumably they were self employed andclaiming vat on diesel dockets got from someone else maybe

general_lee

Quote from: ck on April 10, 2015, 08:56:11 PM
I drive for a living and cross over and back the border every week. I filled with green on occasion and have recently filled with red. I'm always worried about getting caught - what are the chances? Anyone know the score on this? I assume customs will end up with my reg? Are they likely to come knocking on my door?
Do you have facebook? There are a few pages set up that notify people of when/where dippers are knocking about. Be worth subscribing to just to keep the ear to the ground.

Itchy

You are breaking the law and tax payers like me are paying for it. I hope you get caught and get the 5k fine you deserve.

BennyCake

Quote from: Itchy on April 11, 2015, 01:04:47 PM
You are breaking the law and tax payers like me are paying for it. I hope you get caught and get the 5k fine you deserve.

Breaking the law, my arse.

gallsman

Quote from: BennyCake on April 11, 2015, 01:06:22 PM

Care to elaborate?

general_lee

There's worse things that taxes pay for to be fair.

BennyCake

Quote from: gallsman on April 11, 2015, 01:40:58 PM

Care to elaborate?

Man trying to get by. Save a few quid. So what if he drives on the red or green stuff. Do you really think if there was no illegal fuel about, that we'd be paying any less taxes in general?

And anyone that says that he hopes he is caught and fined, is no better than those who inform on their neighbours for having no tv license or working a few hours on the side.

gallsman

Quote from: BennyCake on April 11, 2015, 01:51:26 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 11, 2015, 01:40:58 PM

Care to elaborate?

Man trying to get by. Save a few quid. So what if he drives on the red or green stuff. Do you really think if there was no illegal fuel about, that we'd be paying any less taxes in general?

And anyone that says that he hopes he is caught and fined, is no better than those who inform on their neighbours for having no tv license or working a few hours on the side.

That's well and good. Doesn't make it legal though. Why not just extend that as far as you can. If none of us paid our taxes, we'd be grand, wouldn't we?!

I wouldn't tout on anyone myself but I've no f**king sympathy for anyone who gets caught. You dodge tax in this fashion, those of us who don't end up subsidising you.

God14

The fine is £500 not £5000 if your caught

Mixing 'good diesel' (I.e clear tax paid)  with heating oil / kerosene (45p per litre) at 50/50 is quite common. Even though it's still clear I presume the nice people at HMRC would spot it

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: God14 on April 11, 2015, 03:47:53 PM
The fine is £500 not £5000 if your caught

Mixing 'good diesel' (I.e clear tax paid)  with heating oil / kerosene (45p per litre) at 50/50 is quite common. Even though it's still clear I presume the nice people at HMRC would spot it

That'll do wonders for a pump. I'd take red or green anyday over a shite mix like that.

Over the Bar

While the HMRC await the introduction of the new red dye that can't be removed they have cancelled all dipping.  You can drive on red or green until your heart is content! :)