Armagh v Cavan (Sun - 02-06-19) Clones

Started by illdecide, May 27, 2019, 09:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LCohen

Reading on Orchard Forum that we did appeal Donaghy's red on a technicality and lost. Pretty embarrassing if true

Duckquay

Quote from: LCohen on June 07, 2019, 10:26:47 AM
Reading on Orchard Forum that we did appeal Donaghy's red on a technicality and lost. Pretty embarrassing if true

Just read that somewhere else so it must be true. Such a load of shite and a prime example of the "appeal everything" culture. Delighted it failed.

Itchy

Oh I'm sure some of your mates will have a great explanation as to why that warranted an appeal.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Itchy on June 07, 2019, 11:04:28 AM

Oh I'm sure some of your mates will have a great explanation as to why that warranted an appeal.

Think you'll find everyone to a man thought it was a clear red card and there was no appeal worth taking.

BennyCake

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 07, 2019, 11:15:03 AM

Think you'll find everyone to a man thought it was a clear red card and there was no appeal worth taking.

Correct.

maddog

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 07, 2019, 11:15:03 AM

Straight red no question.

tonto1888

Who? I've yet to see one of us say there should have been an appeal

Westside

Do the lads who believe that Burns wasn't concussed think maybe after seeing the joke of an appeal that went ahead that perhaps the Armagh management might be the sort who would play a lad who had been concussed...?

Brick Tamlin

Going by the media reports and McCorrys interview last week it reads as if (and i may be wrong) Armagh were at pains to rule out concussion no matter what condition he was in. It was too obvious that they were trying to quash any talk of concussion right away which makes you think.

tonto1888

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on June 07, 2019, 01:38:01 PM
Going by the media reports and McCorrys interview last week it reads as if (and i may be wrong) Armagh were at pains to rule out concussion no matter what condition he was in. It was too obvious that they were trying to quash any talk of concussion right away which makes you think.

Which makes you think what?

tonto1888

Quote from: Westside on June 07, 2019, 01:12:13 PM
Do the lads who believe that Burns wasn't concussed think maybe after seeing the joke of an appeal that went ahead that perhaps the Armagh management might be the sort who would play a lad who had been concussed...?

Plenty of counties make appeals when they shouldn't. Sometimes they are even successful

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on June 07, 2019, 01:38:01 PM

I would be happy enough that young Burns has caring parents with enough influence on him with regard to his long term health to ensure that he wouldn't play without being cleared medically and to their satisfaction regardless of what McCorry and McGeeney might think or want.

LCohen

If Burns was concussed he should not play. Player welfare trumps everything else.

He may well have been concussed. I don't know. My point is the the contributors to this thread who claim to know are at best speculating and probably at something a bit worse than that.

The evidence that he was concussed is that he got a facial injury, was subbed and McCorry used the word "fuzzy" in a interview immediately post match. Oh an eye witness account from Scratchy that saw into the soul of the lad. That does not amount to evidence of concussion.

He was taken off as a blood sub. The decision to keep him off is entirely justified given he never got a single touch of the ball in 30 mins. He displayed no visable sign of concussion. Only McCorry can explain his comments but I wouldn't put it past Jim deflecting attention from the lad's second half performance.

But as I say if he was concussed stick to the guidelines

LCohen

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 07, 2019, 01:39:37 PM
Quote from: Westside on June 07, 2019, 01:12:13 PM

Plenty of counties make appeals when they shouldn't. Sometimes they are even successful

Time action was taken to put a stop to these fishing expeditions

five points

Quote from: LCohen on June 07, 2019, 01:56:26 PM

Time action was taken to put a stir to these fishing expeditions

What harm do they do?