The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy90

Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

quit yo jibbajabba

Quentin Quentin Quentin. Idve expected this from Bartholomew but not you...

square_ball

Just what kind of common folk are they letting into Lords these days!

It's been brilliant hearing the English giving out all day about this run out. Geoffrey Boycott looking a public apology from the Aussies. Not sure if he wants this before or after the wicket keeper is hung drawn and quartered.

johnnycool

Quote from: square_ball on July 03, 2023, 09:44:44 PM

It's been brilliant hearing the English giving out all day about this run out. Geoffrey Boycott looking a public apology from the Aussies. Not sure if he wants this before or after the wicket keeper is hung drawn and quartered.

Especially when it turns out the England wicket keeper did something similar against Ireland in 2019 and it was deemed quick thinking back then!

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: johnnycool on July 04, 2023, 08:39:16 AM
Quote from: square_ball on July 03, 2023, 09:44:44 PM

Especially when it turns out the England wicket keeper did something similar against Ireland in 2019 and it was deemed quick thinking back then!

saw that, it was certainly as unsporting as the Bairstow incident so slap it up them.

Capt Pat

So the Aussies retained the ashes after the last day of the old trafford test was a washout. Will they blame the weather or Careys stumping of Bairstow more for their failure?

Windmill abu

England plays Australia in a sport most people don't care about. The competition (the ashes) is about keeping the colonies sub servant to their masters. That Irish people pay it any attention is a measure of how much England still dictate what we should care about.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

The Boy Wonder

Quote from: Windmill abu on July 23, 2023, 08:36:14 PM
England plays Australia in a sport most people don't care about. The competition (the ashes) is about keeping the colonies sub servant to their masters. That Irish people pay it any attention is a measure of how much England still dictate what we should care about.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2012/jan/25/martin-mcguinness-love-of-cricket

I wouldn't be a regular cricket follower myself but I do keep an eye on The Ashes series when it comes around.
I'm was hoping the weather would hold and allow England win the 4th test so that the final test would be a showdown.

The Bodyline TV Series about England's controversial 1932-33 Ashes tour of Australia triggered my interest in The Ashes.

RedHand88

Quote from: Windmill abu on July 23, 2023, 08:36:14 PM

Yet you were posting on the Arsenal thread a while back!!

Go figure...

quit yo jibbajabba

There is always a tweet/old gaaboard post 😉😃