Previous topic - Next topic

hobnob1

Thats a cool irish kit 8) 8) cricket is awful shit do in fairness ;D ;D

SlimShady

jaysus Gabriel, you watch some shite! First WWF and now cricket?!  :-\

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: SlimShady on March 05, 2007, 04:40:21 PM

Whats with all the hate for cricket?  I dont fully understand the rules myself but I hate the Irish attitude of "oh cricket is shite, its an english sport" and they dont even give it a chance.  Maybe if most of these people gave it a chance it mightnt be that bad.  As for wrestling Slim, it has its fans as well and is no different to any other form of entertainment.

Norf Tyrone

So looking foward to the Cricket World Cup. The wife has been torturing me for weeks to cancel SKY, but I kep saying 'I'll do it the moro'. No way I am cancelling it pre World Cup.

Ireland's hopes of getting something from the WC hinge on their first game v Zimbabwe. This game v South Africa might actually be bad for Ireland in that the shock factor will be gone.

Apparently Ireland v Pakistan on 17th March has been re labelled in the Windies as St.Paki's day!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

SlimShady

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on March 05, 2007, 04:47:34 PM
Quote from: SlimShady on March 05, 2007, 04:40:21 PM

Whats with all the hate for cricket?  I dont fully understand the rules myself but I hate the Irish attitude of "oh cricket is shite, its an english sport" and they dont even give it a chance.  Maybe if most of these people gave it a chance it mightnt be that bad.  As for wrestling Slim, it has its fans as well and is no different to any other form of entertainment.

Did I say its shite, its an English Sport? No, I'm saying its Shite because its shite. I understand it completely and still think its shite- I actually had to do an assignment on it many moons ago, pure dung.

And Wrestling, i understand that it has its fans but so does Eastenders, and its shite.

true ulster gael

cant believe that so called gaels are interested in this shit

AZOffaly

In fairness I find test cricket too boring and defensive. The fact that a team in dire straits can just hang tough, never threaten the opposition and get a draw despite being 500 runs behind is lunacy.

One day stuff I can watch, and actually I enjoy it.

Star Spangler

One day cricket is grand to watch - sure it's practically baseball!

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: true ulster gael on March 05, 2007, 04:52:12 PM
So called Gaels are also interested in soccer, also an English sport.

Slim I quoted you but wasnt talking about you in particular.  I'm talking about most Irish peoples opinions on Cricket, as if its anti-Irish to like the sport.

Norf Tyrone

true ulster gael

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on March 05, 2007, 04:54:52 PM
Quote from: true ulster gael on March 05, 2007, 04:52:12 PM
So called Gaels are also interested in soccer, also an English sport.
then they should not call themselves gaels.

Gabriel_Hurl

QuotePost by true ulster gael is ignored  [reveal post]  [reveal all posts by true ulster gael]  [stop ignoring this user]

Norf Tyrone

South Africa 179-9 with 2 overs left. Ireland might have to chase 200 to win!

Gabriel_Hurl