Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: deiseach on December 16, 2011, 03:04:52 PM
The beak hasn't accepted Patricia Quinn's damsel-in-distress defence. This part stood out as a twist of the judicial knife:

QuoteHe also said Mrs Quinn's lawyers had argued that there was a presumption of undue influence in the relationship between husband and wife.

There was not, he said, and had not been since 1750.

Nice job, wigs.

That judge Kelly has seen through an awful lot of Builder/Developer and now Quinn bullsh1t the last few years.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

supersarsfields

I'm afraid it's more the local Cavan men that he may be after. farneyman could be in trouble as the story breaker....

seafoid

muppet

Some clown by the name of Islandeady is giving us quite the bashing on politics.ie: http://www.politics.ie/forum/media/178241-sean-quinns-activities-being-monitored-gaa-forum.html

He says we are not 'normal Gaa fans'. But he holds a particular hatred for supporters of SQ which he calls 'rouge' elements. He has one of those egos that lets him speak for the majority of Irish people: "This website has a fairly bad reputation with regards the quality of discussion and many including myself keep well away from it most of the time. There are a lot of Sean Quinn is great people on it."
MWWSI 2017

mylestheslasher

Yes you knuckle dragging bogmen are not typical of gaa fans. If you want to read the opinion of real gaa folk you should head over to politics.ie. There you will find that the real genuine gaa folk are in fact self righteous, arrogant toss pots that haven't s clue what they are waffling on about. Glad to assist, tally ho!

sammymaguire

Strong stuff going to court referring to annonymous chat on here...  ???

Where was it mentioned again anyhow? I am thinking it might have come from me  :o  *gulp*
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

mick999

Quote from: sammymaguire on December 20, 2011, 07:50:39 PM
Strong stuff going to court referring to annonymous chat on here...  ???

Where was it mentioned again anyhow? I am thinking it might have come from me  :o  *gulp*

I think this was it :

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=15845.msg969304#msg969304

mylestheslasher

It was in the Anglo celt too so don't know why they are saying it came from here or whatever gaa blog they are on about.

orangeman

Anglo put the unit under surveillance - was this / is this legal ?.

haranguerer

Those posts refer to a new business in Belturbet - on the news last night it said the unit put under surveillance was in Derrylin, and the footage showed Derrylin.

Sammy, dont blame yourself, if those lads are on here I'm sure they've seen the horse racing thread too, and so would have known not to place much reliance on any info you had  :P  :D

supersarsfields

Bit of disruption for the Quinn Group last night again.

Quinn Derrylin headquarters damaged in lorry attack
The lorry was backed into the staff restaurant Continue reading the main story
Related Stories
Bank put surveillance on factory
Hearing set over Quinn bankruptcy
'Concern' over Quinn bankruptcy
Businessman Sean Quinn's former headquarters in Derrylin, County Fermanagh, have been damaged in the latest in a series of attacks.

Police have launched an investigation after a lorry was backed into the staff canteen on Wednesday night leaving a gaping hole.

The workers had gone home. No-one was in the building when it happened.

The attacks have happened since the former Anglo-Irish Bank took control of the business.

The lorry used in the latest attack was later found burned out on a side road.

The bank, now the Irish Bank Resolution Company (IBRC), has been in court this week attempting to have Mr Quinn's bankruptcy in Northern Ireland set aside.

Mr Quinn, 63, once believed to have been the richest man in Ireland, was reputedly worth 4.72bn euros (£3.7bn) at the height of his success.

He was stripped of control of his manufacturing and insurance business empire in April. Since then, there have been a series of attacks on Quinn Group properties.

Mr Quinn has previously condemned the attacks, and said those responsible for the damage were not acting in his name and called for them to cease.

He and his family are engaged in a legal battle with the IBRC.

Doogie Browser

Who are the main organisers of these attacks SS?  I thought he was a hero in that part of the world?

supersarsfields

He's not involved anymore Doogie. The company was stripped from him and there is alot of bad feeling in the community regarding the way it was done and the reasons behind it. I'd imagine this is more of a protest against the current management.

It's very unfortunate as I believe the new CEO/ MD was planning a meeting in the canteen today to share his views of where he would like to take the company and his plans for the future.