Let's all laugh at Totteringham

Started by ONeill, August 11, 2007, 02:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paco

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on November 02, 2010, 10:10:44 PM
No doubt January will see some crazy bids mentioned.  Think he will stick it out till the summer at least.
Was reading somewhere that this time last year they were thinking of loaning him out till Burnley or some team like that.

I read that when he was benchwarming, there was a period of twenty-something games where he played without winning! Hard to imagine, given his current form.

imtommygunn

There was a stat the other year which was something like (by January) Spurs had never won a game that season where Bale was involved. I can't recall the exact stat but it was something shocking like that.

Harry moving him from left back to left midfield was a master-stroke. The guy was really drifting for a while.

Won't be long until a crazy bid from Man City I suspect...

ross4life

Quote from: ONeill on November 02, 2010, 09:47:26 PM
If Wales can get their act together somehow they have Bale, Ramsey and, erm, Robbie Earnshaw......

Not so long ago Wales had Rush,Giggs & Hughes

Bale for me is still hit & miss he seems to do great v the slow defender Lucio, Zanetti lack of pace couldn't cope tonight.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

longrunsthefox

Class alright. hopefully he stays there as that is what has torn the ass out of soccer, the rich boys moving in for top players. Still no need to move if he is playing in the Champions League.

ExiledGael

Nothing slow about Maicon and he roasted him numerous times. Plus he's still only 21.
Unreal performance but he's been in world class form now for about nine months.

ross4life

Indeed he's still young & will be better when he's the complete package. If inter had defended like that last year Chelsea would have beaten in the 2nd round
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

paco

I think the real test will start now or during the knockout stages of the Champion's League. While there can be no doubting his talent, he's still (before he single handedly destroyed Inter twice) relatively unknown outside the Premier League, so now that the whole of Europe knows about him, we'll see what he's made of!

nrico2006

Quote from: ross4life on November 02, 2010, 10:55:51 PM
Quote from: ONeill on November 02, 2010, 09:47:26 PM
If Wales can get their act together somehow they have Bale, Ramsey and, erm, Robbie Earnshaw......

Not so long ago Wales had Rush,Giggs & Hughes

Bale for me is still hit & miss he seems to do great v the slow defender Lucio, Zanetti lack of pace couldn't cope tonight.

No doubting that he has been the player of the tournament, but I agree that he is hit and miss.  He hasn't exactly set the Premier League alight this season or any previous one he has been involved in, and he has only really been outstanding in a handful of games for Spurs.   
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

You can always count on the Utd boys to piss on the parade of a player (that doesent play for Utd) that is playing out of his skin getting a lot of positive press.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

nrico2006

Quote from: Minder on November 03, 2010, 08:53:19 AM
You can always count on the Utd boys to piss on the parade of a player (that doesent play for Utd) that is playing out of his skin getting a lot of positive press.

Ha ha, I was merely stating the facts.  He had great games at the tail end of last season against Arsenal and Chelsea and scored a great volley this year but he hasn't been outstanding apart from that. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

omagh_gael

He may be playing well but he has a long way to go before he reaches Kevin Killbane's level.

Doogie Browser

He has it all, Power, pace and most important of all the end product.  Contrast him with Lennon who is a one trick pony and you can see the qualities he brings to Spuds.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Doogie Browser on November 03, 2010, 10:47:45 AM
He has it all, Power, pace and most important of all the end product.  Contrast him with Lennon who is a one trick pony and you can see the qualities he brings to Spuds.

Was just thinking that about Lennon last night too!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

johnneycool

Quote from: Doogie Browser on November 03, 2010, 10:47:45 AM

just imagine how good he'd be if he was English?

ross4life

Quote from: Minder on November 03, 2010, 08:53:19 AM

Far from the truth! for every good game he has a bad game & as i said he's still only 21 will get better