Started by ONeill, August 11, 2007, 02:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

The last time Spuds won the league:

RTE were preparing for their first TV broadcast
George Clooney was born
George Formby died
JFK was a couple of months into his presidency
The last legal execution in Ireland occurs in Belfast, Northern Ireland - it is of Robert McGladdery for murder.
Barry McGuigan, Michael O'Leary, The Edge, Daniel O'Donnell and Enya born
Down retain the All-Ireland
Tipp beat Dublin

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ONeill

ONeill

orangeman

Not a laughing matter :

Keeper badly hurt in bike smash 

Cudicini signed to Spurs from Chelsea in January
Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini has suffered "potentially life-changing injuries" in a motorbike accident in east London, police said.

He was taken to hospital after his BMW bike was involved in a collision with a car in Walthamstow at about 1030 GMT.

He has fractured his wrists and injured his pelvis but a spokesman for the north London club spokesman said they still waiting for test results.

The Italian, 36, signed from London rivals Chelsea in January this year.

'Under supervision'

The female driver and a child passenger walked away from the Ford Fiesta Cudicini was in collision with and did not need hospital treatment.

The accident happened on Forest Road.

A Metropolitan Police spokesperson said: "A 36-year-old male suffered injuries described by the London Ambulance Service as possibly life-changing and was taken to an east London hospital for further assessment and treatment.

"No arrests have been made."

A statement on Tottenham's website said: "Carlo Cudicini has fractured his wrists and injured his pelvis after being involved in a road accident this morning.

"The 36-year-old Italian goalkeeper has been admitted to hospital and undergone scans under the supervision of club medical staff.

"The club will update supporters on Carlo as soon as there is any further information."

Doogie Browser

Hope it turns out ok for Carlo, surprised he was on a motorbike though, I had thought there were insurance issues for professional footballers?

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Yes, St Totteringham's Day approaching fast, later than usual.

T Fearon

A blip in our quest fo fourth spot. Still we will end up with more trophies this season than the Woolwich itinerants

Archie Mitchell

:D

Fair fucks to Pompey. Down to the bare bones and even better getting one over on Harry 'twitcher' Redknapp, who ruined the club. It won't be long to he ruins Spurs either.

ross4life

Have to say the fairytale of the Fa Cup is still alive & well

i think Boro got to the Cup final when there were Relegated too?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Tony Baloney

Dinny Breen

QuoteA blip in our quest fo fourth spot. Still we will end up with more trophies this season than the Woolwich itinerants

Good auld Tony and the Spuds, they never stop giving..
#newbridgeornowhere

imtommygunn

They'll not get 4th either.(I think)

Have they really improved from when they nearly got fourth one other year?

Seem to be going sideways. Only looking at challenging for fourth as liverpool are having a shocker.

The FA Cup final will be a mess - portsmouth will be unable to play a lot of the big guns due to bonus clauses in their contract (if reports are anything to go by) and will get hammered.

Double for chelsea now very much on...

Marty2002

Cant wait for all the goons responses after Spurs drub them. Alot of typical ar5ena1 hoors on this board that do a lot of mouthing, makes for great entertainment all the same. COYS.