Let's all laugh at Totteringham

Started by ONeill, August 11, 2007, 02:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Ooooh, so close to St Totteringham's Day. 4 points needed.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

spiritof91and94

Normal service resumed down the Lane ;D ;D

Farrandeelin

Don't know what you Goons are laughing about! Sure it seems like ages since Spurs/Arsenal won anything!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ONeill

If you don't understand rivalry, you know nowt.

Owenmoresider

muppet

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 24, 2009, 07:55:49 PM
Don't know what you Goons are laughing about! Sure it seems like ages since Spurs/Arsenal won anything!

Says the Knockmore/Mayo man
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Main Street

Quote from: Owenmoresider on October 24, 2009, 09:59:29 PM
Sad individuals.
I suppose you have a point. Irish citizens with some acquired affiliation to a football club in another country, trying to wind each other up, under the flag of club rivalry.

Dinny Breen

Have to say the Stoke goal was a fantastic goal, great build-up and a fantastic finish, if Arsenal or Man U scored that goal the superlatives would be flying, Stoke are definitely evolving postively as a team..

Question

Whose fans are more delusional - Liverpool, Spurs or Celtic?
#newbridgeornowhere

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Main Street on October 25, 2009, 01:42:28 AM
Sad individuals.
I suppose you have a point. Irish citizens with some acquired affiliation to a football club in another country, trying to wind each other up, under the flag of club rivalry.

Does it really matter where your from? You support who you support and thats that. And its only a bit of banter. I suppose then i could say i wanted Stoke to win because Glen Whelan scored if that makes you any happier!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

ONeill

Arsenal v Spuds next week.

When Spurs last beat Arsenal in the league:

Westlife were Flying Without Wings
Payne Stewart died
Fight Club and The Matrix were just out
Meath were All-Ireland Champs
Peter Mandelson was made SOS
Jack Lynch died
Cork bate Kilkenny
I started my present employment
Utd won the treble.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: ONeill on October 25, 2009, 09:17:32 AM
Arsenal v Spuds next week.

When Spurs last beat Arsenal in the league:

Westlife were Flying Without Wings
Payne Stewart died
Fight Club and The Matrix were just out
Meath were All-Ireland Champs
Peter Mandelson was made SOS
Jack Lynch died
Cork bate Kilkenny
I started my present employment
Utd won the treble.

You could post exactly the same thing in 20 yrs and would all still be true....lol

Tottenham's best midfielder plays for portsmouth at the minute. Jamie O'Hara was immense yeaterday.

Main Street

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on October 25, 2009, 08:28:34 AM
Sad individuals.

Does it really matter where your from? You support who you support and thats that. And its only a bit of banter. I suppose then i could say i wanted Stoke to win because Glen Whelan scored if that makes you any happier!
I suppose the same carry on goes on in China and Japan. Supporters of epl brand x winding up supporters of epl brand y.
Is the rivalry a part of the acquired support package? Or is there some magical intuitive grasp of the established local rivalries between club supporters that is handed down through the generations.
I love watching a few games, sometimes a team over a season or even over a few seasons, just wondering how do you absorb the rivalry bit.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Main Street on October 25, 2009, 10:36:41 AM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on October 25, 2009, 08:28:34 AM
Sad individuals.

I suppose the same carry on goes on in China and Japan. Supporters of epl brand x winding up supporters of epl brand y.
Is the rivalry a part of the acquired support package? Or is there some magical intuitive grasp of the established local rivalries between club supporters that is handed down through the generations.
I love watching a few games, sometimes a team over a season or even over a few seasons, just wondering how do you absorb the rivalry bit.

Its really not that hard to grasp..I follow one team my mates follow another some of my mates happen to follow another..If my team beats my mates i will wind him up for a while or maybe he will wind me up if my team gets beaten. Its something i follow, spend some time following and enjoy following so what exactly is the problem with that?