Let's all laugh at Totteringham

Started by ONeill, August 11, 2007, 02:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

I would've felt sorry for Spurs if only for the action of their 'local supporters' upon winning last year's Carling Cup.

Now its definately  :D
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

jaykay

A little boy gets £10 for his birthday and rushes down to the Sport Shop to buy the new football he has been desperate for.

He gets a ball down from the rack and gives the shop-keeper his £10. "Sorry son !!" explains the shopkeeper. "This ball costs £20, but you've only got £10".

Thinking quickly, the boy looks up at the different club footballs on the rack and says: "Ok. If you blindfold me and I guess which club's crest is on the ball, will you let me have the ball for £10?" The shopkeeper decides to humour the boy. He agrees to the lad's proposal, and so he blindfolds the boy.

First up he gives the boy an Arsenal ball. "OK," says the boy, placing his ear to the ball, "I can hear the blasting sound of 2 canons. This must be an Arsenal ball!" "That was a lucky guess," exclaimed the shopkeeper, "Let's try another one!"... and he hands him a Millwall ball. "OK," says the boy, placing his ear to the ball again, "I can hear a pack of rampant Lions. It must be a Millwall ball!"

"Bejaysus!" says the shopkeeper. "If you get the next one right I'll let you have the ball for nothing..." and with that he passes him another ball. Again the boy puts the ball to his ear and after a few moments he exclaims "That's a Tottenham ball!" "Holy Mary Mother Of God!" shouts the shopkeeper. "How on earth did you get that one? I suppose you heard a cockerel crowing!!"

"No..." said the boy. "It's going down!"

ziggysego

Tony, remind me, what did you say last week about teams losing to Hull?
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on October 05, 2008, 05:01:12 PM
Tony, remind me, what did you say last week about teams losing to Hull?

Where is that thread gone actually  ???
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: hardstation on October 05, 2008, 10:36:18 PM
What a f**king goal too!! Just like I hit them.

On the Playstation?

Geovani could well win Goal of the Month for both September and October

ps why is this page of the thread so wide?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 05, 2008, 10:37:30 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 05, 2008, 10:36:18 PM
What a f**king goal too!! Just like I hit them.

Geovani could well win Goal of the Month for both September and October

Actually after seeing Matt Taylors free v West Ham and Crouchies goal v Stoke Geovani might only come 3rd
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteA seven-year-old boy was at the centre of a London courtroom drama today when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, whom the boy firmly believes are incapable of beating anyone.

ONeill

Bentley: Spurs are a joke
Eurosport - Thu, 09 Oct 12:54:00 2008

Tottenham midfielder David Bentley admits the Premier League's bottom club have become a laughing stock.

Manager Juande Ramos, having been in the job for just under a year, is under increasing pressure while questions are being asked of sporting director Damien Comolli's activity in the transfer market, allowing experienced strikers Dimitar Berbatov, Robbie Keane and Jermain Defoe to leave without finding suitable replacements.

"I know people are having a laugh at the fact we are bottom of the league at the moment but it's up to everyone at the club to stop the jokes," said Bentley.

"We're not happy with what has been happening. You cannot hide from the situation but what we need are a team of leaders who take responsibility. We have to grow as people.

"We have more than enough good players at Tottenham to get us out of this situation and I give my word that we will."

Bentley, who moved to White Hart Lane from Blackburn in the summer for £15million, does not regret the switch to north London and is backing Ramos to turn things around.

"I'm fully behind him, 100 per cent," the 24-year-old told The Sun.

"I still love being at Spurs and I don't regret joining the club for one second.

"I know I haven't been at my best but I haven't become a bad player in a fortnight. The manager believes in me. But I have to admit, we really are shit."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/09102008/58/premier-league-bentley-spurs-joke.html

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

fred the red

Quote from: ONeill on October 09, 2008, 01:46:11 PM
Bentley: Spurs are a joke
Eurosport - Thu, 09 Oct 12:54:00 2008

Tottenham midfielder David Bentley admits the Premier League's bottom club have become a laughing stock.

Manager Juande Ramos, having been in the job for just under a year, is under increasing pressure while questions are being asked of sporting director Damien Comolli's activity in the transfer market, allowing experienced strikers Dimitar Berbatov, Robbie Keane and Jermain Defoe to leave without finding suitable replacements.

"I know people are having a laugh at the fact we are bottom of the league at the moment but it's up to everyone at the club to stop the jokes," said Bentley.

"We're not happy with what has been happening. You cannot hide from the situation but what we need are a team of leaders who take responsibility. We have to grow as people.

"We have more than enough good players at Tottenham to get us out of this situation and I give my word that we will."

Bentley, who moved to White Hart Lane from Blackburn in the summer for £15million, does not regret the switch to north London and is backing Ramos to turn things around.

"I'm fully behind him, 100 per cent," the 24-year-old told The Sun.

"I still love being at Spurs and I don't regret joining the club for one second.

"I know I haven't been at my best but I haven't become a bad player in a fortnight. The manager believes in me. But I have to admit, we really are shit."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/09102008/58/premier-league-bentley-spurs-joke.html

;D

Medic

haha if i hadn't taken a look at the full article, i'd have thought that he would really use the word shit. just goes to show that you have to take things with a pinch of salt ;)
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

T Fearon

Remind me again who the only London Premiership club to win a major trophy in 2008 is?