Let's all laugh at Totteringham

Started by ONeill, August 11, 2007, 02:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Is this becoming the official thread to discuss Spurs?

jaykay

What does THFC stand for?

Tottenham Heading For Championship

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

redcard

brokencrossbar1

Portsmouth 2-0 Tottenham
By Mandeep Sanghera

Tottenham were left rooted to the bottom of the Premier League after a tame display in a loss at Portsmouth.

Former Spurs striker Jermain Defoe put Pompey ahead when he drove in a penalty after Jermaine Jenas needlessly handled a Glen Little free-kick.

Spurs lacked a goal threat but were denied a penalty after an Aaron Lennon cross struck Lassana Diarra's arm.

Peter Crouch nodded in Pompey's second before Diarra was sent-off late on for two bookable offences.

Spurs now have just two points from six top-flight games and, while it is early in the season, the panic button might be getting nearer to being pushed.

Poyet vented his frustration after the game

The White Hart Lane side, who have made their worst start to a season for 53 years, looked short on confidence and belief, while they also seemed like a set of strangers playing together.

Defoe's opener will only have added to their misery and any regret they may harbour from selling him to Pompey in January.

The England striker made his exit with Robbie Keane and Dimitar Berbatov ahead of him in the Spurs pecking order but his rivals have also since left the club.

Keane and Berbatov departed during the summer and Spurs have struggled to adapt and move on, while Defoe has prospered at Pompey.

He thought he had put his side ahead as early as the third minute when he slotted in after a Crouch flick-on only to be ruled offside in a marginal decision.

Spurs saw plenty of the ball early on but it was the home side who were posing the problems in front of goal.

Pompey midfielder Richard Hughes pounced on a loose ball and unleashed a left-foot shot on the stretch which was fended away by keeper Heurelho Gomes.

Gomes again denied Hughes when he saved his far post volley from a corner before Pompey took the lead after 34 minutes.

Jenas was the culprit and his error allowed Defoe to confidently score from the spot for his sixth goal from his last five outings.

Spurs fans could only crave the sort of inspiration Defoe and Pompey possessed and, even when they did go close, they were missing a cutting edge.

Redknapp was pleased with the result

Striker Roman Pavlyuchenko headed wide of the Pompey goal and also steered a David Bentley free-kick high.

Spurs were not helped when their appeals for a penalty after Lennon's cross struck Diarra's arm were turned away and Pompey took advantage by extending their lead.

Armand Traore's powerful shot was only parried by Gomes and ex-Tottenham trainee Crouch was on hand to head in from close range.

Diarra was dismissed after 88 minutes for Pompey but they will welcome the win after conceding 10 goals in their last two games.

Sam you should just get that as a sticky at the top of the board ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Two ex-Spurs men scoring today.  It was fantastic business to sell 3 proven strikers for a Ruskie who has had a decent Euro chmapionship.  Rebrov anyone? 

ExiledGael

He'll make Rebrov look good. Absloute waste of money. They could have picked someone up on a free that would provide as much as Pavlyuchenko. He has almost no attributes for football whatsoever. Slow as myself, weak as water, awful technique. Maybe a good man to have on the end of moves in a free-flowing team (Arsenal) to tap them in, but he contributes nothing to general play. Never ever an outlet for a low or a high ball and can't retain possession under any pressure.
Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I honestly think he's the biggest load of shit ever to grace the premier league.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ExiledGael on September 28, 2008, 09:04:15 PM
He'll make Rebrov look good. Absloute waste of money. They could have picked someone up on a free that would provide as much as Pavlyuchenko. He has almost no attributes for football whatsoever. Slow as myself, weak as water, awful technique. Maybe a good man to have on the end of moves in a free-flowing team (Arsenal) to tap them in, but he contributes nothing to general play. Never ever an outlet for a low or a high ball and can't retain possession under any pressure.
Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I honestly think he's the biggest load of shit ever to grace the premier league.

He'll have to be really bad to be the worst ever Premiership player....Marc Boogers anyone? or Massimo Taibi?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Over the Bar

He'll have to be really bad to be the worst ever Premiership player....Marc Boogers anyone? or Massimo Taibi?

Both of those were like Cantona when compared to this guy... George Weah's 'cousin'

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HciK949rv6Y

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hBORkZC-CQI&feature=related

Square Ball

Quote from: Over the Bar on September 28, 2008, 09:34:26 PM

Both of those were like Cantona when compared to this guy... George Weah's 'cousin'

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HciK949rv6Y

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hBORkZC-CQI&feature=related

this has to be the winner here.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

brokencrossbar1

Big trouble in Shite Hart Lane next week when Hull beat them!  "Jaun down the Lane"!!!  Come on Tony, come out of hiding!

ONeill

Unfortunately it's a hollow crow from Arsenal fans this weekend.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

Desperate and unbelievble situation. I was at the Spurs AGM last December, a few weeks after Jol's sacking, and our estemmed Chairman said it was a decision they had to take otherwise, and I quote "relegation would have been a real possibility". The manager cannot be changed again (the enormous payoff precludes this) but surely Commolli must go now and possibly Levy as well. >:(

PS Martin Jol's Hamburg sit proudly on top of the Bundelsegia this morning >:(

AZOffaly

Jaysus Tony, it's affecting you badly.

unbelievble
estemmed
Bundelsegia

Calm down man, it's only September. I'm sure Spurs will get out of it soon enough.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.