Let's all laugh at Totteringham

Started by ONeill, August 11, 2007, 02:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: Great Leap Forward on September 03, 2007, 11:17:33 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 02, 2007, 11:18:14 PM
In fairness to the Spurs they haven't being playing that bad..They were very unfortuante yesterday and should never have lost to United either and the match against Everton was harsh on them too

Fair enough they had their chances in all those games but Everton could have scored 6 against them if it wasn't for Robinson.
Agreed that they probably deserved a draw v the mancs and they should have won yesterday, but Everton played them off the park. By far the better team. Arteta had some game that day  - lovely footballer.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: hardstation on September 04, 2007, 05:06:34 AM
Arsenal aren't firing very well so far either and I predict a draw. Due to this board and TF, I am supporting Arsenal for the first time in my life. I just think that the big eejit has put himself in the position to be laughed at and long may it continue.

Hello, have you seen the table?
It doesnt matter about firing well it's points in the bag that count.
Arsenal to win 2.1

T Fearon

No worries, now is the time to get the bad run out of the system. Having said that we should have scored at least 6 on Saturday, but beat the Goons and all is forgiven ;D

Square Ball

Tony

say they dont beat the Ars, will Jol be sacked, or will he be given to Christmas to save his job?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

T Fearon

Don't know but he can't afford many more lost points. I personally have my doubts about him, I mean there's no excuse for Saturday, and I was really disappointed losing to the Goons last year in the Carling Cup after going two up early in the first leg and remember a handsome lead was thrown away against Chelsea in the FA Cup as well, and the biggest dispoointment of all was conceding two silly goals early on in the second leg of the UEFA Cup tie with Seville. I can understand Levy's concerns. After the money spent this summer defeats to Sunderland and Everton and squandering what should have been an unassailable lead against Fulham, is simply not acceptable.

ONeill

You can't buy class and history.

But you can buy a mint-conditioned 1961 "Spurs Champions" mug for a fiver in Garvagh.

46 years and counting.

People born in 1961:

Suggs out of Madness
Lothar Matthaus
Eddie Murphy
George Clooney
Enya
Michael J Fox
The Edge
Billy Ray Cyrus
Nigel Worthington
Daniel O'Donnell

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

As much as I don't like Spurs, I hope they beat Arsenal.
Testing Accessibility

Will Hunting

Would never have guessed Michael J Fox and Daniel O'Donnell were the same age!

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: ziggysego on September 04, 2007, 02:01:56 PM
As much as I don't like Spurs, I hope they beat Arsenal.

Can I ask why Ziggy?

ziggysego

Brother's an Arsenal supporter and I have to listen to him all the time when they win... and I don't even like soccer.
Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

I think it is comminly recognised who the real classy club is in N.London and which of the two was

First to win the Double

First to win a European trophy

First to win two different European trophies ;)

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on September 04, 2007, 02:23:05 PM
Brother's an Arsenal supporter and I have to listen to him all the time when they win... and I don't even like soccer.

Shame on you
You'll Never Walk Alone.

spectator

Quote from: T Fearon on September 04, 2007, 02:54:50 PM
I think it is comminly recognised who the real classy club is in N.London and which of the two was

First to win the Double

First to win a European trophy

First to win two different European trophies ;)

Talking about recent Firsts, without having to resort to the mists of old Mathuselah's time  :D

The Arsenal 1993, First League Cup - FA Cup Double

The Arsenal 2003-04, First Premier League Unbeaten Winning Season with 90 points and an 11-point gap over mega-spending runners-up Chelsea

The Arsenal 1971, 1998, 2002, First & only club to have won the Double in more than one decade,  spanning 3 decades in all

And talking about Firsts for a Manager;

May 1998 Arsene Wenger becomes the first overseas manager to win the League Premiership Trophy

May 1998 Arsene Wenger becomes the first overseas manager to win the League Premiership and F.A. Cup "Double"

And when you've clinched the League in grounds such as Anfield 1989, Old Trafford 2002 & White Hart Lane 2004 ... well ... what can one say except that The Arsenal is a club of Real Class, innit :)

Owenmoresider

Quote from: spectator on September 04, 2007, 09:14:12 PM
And when you've clinched the League in grounds such as Anfield 1989, Old Trafford 2002 & White Hart Lane 2004 ... well ... what can one say except that The Arsenal is a club of Real Class, innit :)
I might point out that you also won the league (and with it, the double) at the 'Lane in 1971 also. The 'class' issue is questionable.

Also you forgot, first all overseas PL team with no brits on it!
O'Neills Therapist